The Live Kinect demonstration has been over for a while already. For the moment it still says live because TWiT is replaying the Kinect demonstration on a loop until they begin their Live E3 coverage covering the Microsoft press conference, and then from the show floor from 12PM. It begins from (edited:10AM pacific) and continues until G4 starts their coverage.
Below are some basic notes I've written up during the live stream. Some of the details are new but most of it seems like it came from last night.
- You're were watching coverage from a spot for GMA. Becky Worley is doing the demo, with Leo Laporte and Erik Lanagin from TWiT behind the camera.
- Looks like a female journalist has told Leo that she kept her poncho from last night, meaning that there's more than one missing poncho out there (that homing beacon is coming to get you Jeff).
- You can tell that this is for mainstream TV the way they're talking dumb about the product, but I guess that's who they're selling the product to anyway.
- Some details - Kinect apparently tracks 48 points on your body to do what it does. They'll have Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Kinectamals, that Star Wars game and others that got mentioned before. No price reveiled yet - perhaps we'll have to wait until later today for more info.
- You were watching coverage for a spot for GMA. Now Leo Laporte from TWiT is demoing the product.
- More details. It has an RGB camera, a depth sensor and a multiarray microphone. Plus, Facebook integration in games (in Kinect Adventures, it'll take EyeToy style pictures while you play and share them with your friends).
- Quote from Microsoft PR: "It's not just for casual gamers". Right...
- More details on Video Conferencing will come later today during the Microsoft keynote. Also, when questioned about what 'RGB Camera' means, it seems like the Microsoft rep stumbles and doesn't know. In other words, it seems as though it has... a color camera.