Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Natal + Space Channel 5 = Win?

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By animateria

While watching the MJ tribute video it occurred to me that a "Simon Says" music game is totally viable on Natal.

Did I say viable?

I mean... IT WOULD BE FRIGGIN AWESOME!

All those quirky rhythm games and arcade games can be played with only one add-on. Which would be cheap for the consumer and easier for game makers to bring already existing arcade franchises without worrying about hardware.

As an example, or initial game I thought of, doing the motions of Space Channel 5 is pretty easy already. But instead of pressing up, down or buttons, you can just act it out  one-to-one. I think this makes a better use of Natal than its usage as a sports, FPS or racing game. Which honestly, will never have the options and fidelity of a controller.

However, I generally have doubts of any camera or motion devices as a pure gaming device, The PSeye isn't doing much, And I don't think "waggle" only games on the Wii are interesting either. Unless MS can pull something out of their ass, I doubt that they would have a whole lot going on either.

Anyways, a Natal or the Sony camera (to a certain extent) can probably pull off a Space Channel 5 pretty easily. I do hope we see a sequel of some sort in the future for those devices.

Oh, I haven't forgot about the Wii. With a Wiifit board (For foot input) and the controller combination, one would wonder why they haven't made a decent and quirky rhythm game yet. (Unless I totally missed one?)

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By animateria

While watching the MJ tribute video it occurred to me that a "Simon Says" music game is totally viable on Natal.

Did I say viable?

I mean... IT WOULD BE FRIGGIN AWESOME!

All those quirky rhythm games and arcade games can be played with only one add-on. Which would be cheap for the consumer and easier for game makers to bring already existing arcade franchises without worrying about hardware.

As an example, or initial game I thought of, doing the motions of Space Channel 5 is pretty easy already. But instead of pressing up, down or buttons, you can just act it out  one-to-one. I think this makes a better use of Natal than its usage as a sports, FPS or racing game. Which honestly, will never have the options and fidelity of a controller.

However, I generally have doubts of any camera or motion devices as a pure gaming device, The PSeye isn't doing much, And I don't think "waggle" only games on the Wii are interesting either. Unless MS can pull something out of their ass, I doubt that they would have a whole lot going on either.

Anyways, a Natal or the Sony camera (to a certain extent) can probably pull off a Space Channel 5 pretty easily. I do hope we see a sequel of some sort in the future for those devices.

Oh, I haven't forgot about the Wii. With a Wiifit board (For foot input) and the controller combination, one would wonder why they haven't made a decent and quirky rhythm game yet. (Unless I totally missed one?)

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

(answering question) No, you said "vibe." That's OK, though, you often confuse the two.

Mr_JPeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Mr_JPeps

Idk if i would play it if i wasn't drunk. However, drunk me thinks that having some friends over, having some drinks and busting out moves like Ulala & Friends would be a damn fine time. I know the girl friend would have a ball with it though, any of her cute little friends =) Sign me up!!!

Space Channel 5 MJ
    Space Channel 5 MJ

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.