Project Natal's New Name Is Kinect

• 113 results
#101 Posted by ToadRunner (277 posts) -

Lmao- "Kinect Sports"

I loved the 360, but now they are ripping off the wii so blatantly...

If Playstation Move launches with "Move Sports" im just going to sit the rest of this generation out.

#102 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -
@ToadRunner said:
" Lmao- "Kinect Sports"  I loved the 360, but now they are ripping off the wii so blatantly...  If Playstation Move launches with "Move Sports" im just going to sit the rest of this generation out. "
"Move Sports" was the first game announced for the thing.
#103 Posted by capthavic (159 posts) -

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that name sucks. Wave wasn't great but it wasn't a bad alternative either. 

Also I think it's too late for a name change. It's been practically marketed as Natal for so long weve all gotten used to calling it that. And will casual gamers who don't keep up on gaming news ( ie the people its made for)  know about the change or simply think it's something else?
#104 Posted by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -
@ToadRunner said:
"Kinect Sports"
I understand the argument but seriously, am I the only one who thought "Wii Sports" sounded just as lazy - regardless of whether it was "copied" or not?

....I mean, it's just called it "Sports".
#105 Edited by NL_Buddha (55 posts) -

I wonder if Cal Ripkin will be mad. He had a bat named that in the 90's. Look it up, it is spelled exactly the same. Really original microsoft. 

#106 Posted by Insectecutor (1176 posts) -
@onecynicmedic said:
" For those who are concerned about the spelling of Kinect I'm pretty sure it's a  portmanteau for Kinetic and Connect but that's just my guess.  "
Clearly. People being concerned about its spelling still shows that the name is shitty, whether it's a portmanteau or not.
#107 Posted by first2die (135 posts) -

Kinect is imo a mash up of the words Kinetic and Connect. 

Meaning that you connect with the game/console through Kinetic Activity. 

As cheap as it sounds, it is still more meaningful the Natal.

#108 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -

Wave is definitely the best name I've heard for Project Natal.

#109 Posted by Milkman (16484 posts) -

The general public will love it and it will sell by the boatloads. The rest of the people who actually play video games ("hardcore gamers", you could say) will scratch their heads and scream that Microsoft has forgotten their demographic.

#110 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I'm ready for Kinect-4 to be released. Now that Microsoft has showed us their eyetoy, I'm very excited to see Sony's wiimote.

#111 Posted by sjolle (165 posts) -

im confused

#112 Posted by shenstra (163 posts) -

So I guess this is the postNatal name? *badum-tish* 

And people thought Wii was a bad name....

#113 Posted by UselessNinjaMan (41 posts) -

Kinectimals? Really? ...wow.

EDIT:
@Binman88 said:

" Gotta Kinectimal! "

This.
#114 Posted by Rasgueado (708 posts) -

Why does good marketing always seem to equate to bad english?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.