Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Rock Band 3 with Natal Support?

snipeshow_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By snipeshow_17

So it turns out that Rock Band 3 might actually have Natal support after all. If you watched the Giantbomb Pax panel you might remember the guys joking with Alex Navarro about how Rock Band 3 will have Natal support. Well according to an IGN article this could very well be a possibility in the future. It's going to be interesting to see exactly how they are going to apply natal to the next rock band 

.http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1043216p1.html

snipeshow_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By snipeshow_17

So it turns out that Rock Band 3 might actually have Natal support after all. If you watched the Giantbomb Pax panel you might remember the guys joking with Alex Navarro about how Rock Band 3 will have Natal support. Well according to an IGN article this could very well be a possibility in the future. It's going to be interesting to see exactly how they are going to apply natal to the next rock band 

.http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1043216p1.html

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

So instead of playing with a plastic guitar I gotta work with an air guitar in the future?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus
    @eroticfishcake: Doubt it.

I'm not sure how you'd work Natal into Rock Band, probably for star power or some shit. Hopefully Harmonix can come up with something worth playing.
    Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

Dhani Harrison just revealed that he'd be working on RB3, and that he'd be trying to make it that you could learn the instrument by playing the game. Hey, his dad was a fucking Beatle and the whole Rhythm Game genre is dying, it is worth a shot.  

And that bombcast  thing was because an employee of Harmonix (might have been Navvaro) said there was going to be something big with RB3, and people were speculating that it was Natal support.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

EDIT: pretty much what that article said.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @TooWalrus said:
    " @eroticfishcake: Doubt it.  I'm not sure how you'd work Natal into Rock Band, probably for star power or some shit. Hopefully Harmonix can come up with something worth playing. "
    I certainly hope not, otherwise we'll look like proper tools in our living rooms. But in all seriousness I figured they might use it as supplement to the gameplay though I don't see it being terribly popular. Unless they implement crowd surfing, in which case I might just buy just to see what's like no matter how awful it may be.
    snipeshow_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By snipeshow_17

I think it is going to be one of those situations where the developers are going to try to completely change the game and way you person plays the game but the community is going to go nuts and totally reject the new changes. Hopefully if they do change the format of Rock Band or change the way you play the game it will be some what successful. If it ain't broken don't fix it.  

ps. they cant totally screw it up because PS3 will not have any type of Natal so unless the game goes exclusive they will not be able to change it too much to the format

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Brunchies

I rather play with physical, plastic instruments and not look more like an idiot. 

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By LordXavierBritish

First off, the implications of making a guitar hero esque game without an actual input alone is already a fantasy. Oh sure, its possibly. However you are already making a far stretch when taking on the task of cuing different notes simply on hand placement. Even outside of that, playing a game like Rockband or Guitar Hero without an instrument completely defeats the point in the first place. You don't feel like a rockstar standing there playing your invisible plastic guitar, you feel like a douche bag.

And once again, some people don't want to learn how to play instruments. They just want to pretend they can. Maintaining that illusion with little to no effort on the side of the player has been what's lead to the success of these franchises. Taking that away is pulling the rug out from under a majority of their market base.

I'm going to stop pretending like I know what I am talking about now.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I remember early on that IGN was speculating about the possibility of playing the instruments and having your real movements replace the in-game characters. So if you decide to a Dimebag spin or an Angus hop, it would show up in the game. I still think it could work with the use of the instrument controllers. I can't imagine air guitar being a serious possibility with Natal.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Sounds like they are taking a rather innovative approach with the next Rock Band game. I'm sure if they do incorporate Natal they'll do it in a way that's nothing less than sensible.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By ShaunassNZ

NO FUCK THAT! I play Drums and have fun hitting something, I play expert and love it don't ever, ever take that away from me. On another noteI will be playing real Drums alot more. I pay alot of money on songs.

Mr_JPeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Mr_JPeps

scan in your axe to play with, then wouldn't have to worry about law suits with Gibson  or Fender at that point...maybe

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.