Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Rumor: Natal to be priced at $149 and release on October 26th.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ace829
    Link
    I have a feeling that they are really confident about what they'll be showing at E3 to justify this price point. I'm not big on this motion control thing so I can live without this. What are your thoughts? Is the price justified, or you're just tired of hearing about this thing?
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Evilsbane

150 bucks and it will be a pass for me, I was never interested in this and since its revealing have yet to show gameplay from a single actual Game so no as of right now if that is was it ends up being I will not.

Zen313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Zen313

150 bones is upsurd. But then again its Microsoft they can charge what the fuck they want and people will buy it. The device prolly wont even launch with any good titles. I hate how game companies are running for this motion control FADE ever since Nintendo did it. That audience is not the same people that purchased PS3's or 360's. I do see potential in it(same with the Sony Move) but until that technology is perfected I dont want it. Same with 3D but thats a different topic.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Computerplayer1

Lol $150? No. Just, no.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless this is so revolutionary it'll knock you on your ass when you see it, I am NOT paying $150 dollars for it.  $80 dollars is the most I'll pay if it's what I'm expecting it to be.  Edit:  Also, I really hope they don't start making tons of games that are shit or just a collection of mini games like there are on the Wii(Not a diss to the Wii, I'm talking about the shovelware stuff and horrible minigame collections, not stuff like Zelda, Mario, Wii Sports Resort, etc.) and abandon the current core audience of the 360.  I don't have a PS3 yet :(

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This again?  Man, I can't wait for E3 so that these rumors can STFU and we can finally have a confirmation on the retail price.  If it actually does go retail for $149.99 USD, it'll probably be something like $179.99 CAD.  And at that price point, I can safely say: "fuck that shit" and not buy it. 

I'm really interested in Natal, and I really want to experience it for myself, but I'm not going to be buying a peripheral/accessory for that much money.  That's too bad.  If that price is real, I hope Microsoft experience another "$599 U.S. dollars" moment  at E3 when they announce the price.

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By 617_jbug

Well the price makes sense based on that you only have to buy one. Also bundling it with a new slim console for $300 would persuade me to get a new 360.  Just saying the Move bundle is for $99, you only get one controller. You have to pay more for multiple controllers. Same for Wii. So paying $150 for the complete Natal experience is not bad because to get the complete experience for Move and Wii could run you close to $300

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Demyx

I wasn't getting it anyway, at any price.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

They got some justifying to do with that price. 

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By salad10203

why is this absurd, isnt a rock band package like 200?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @salad10203 said:
    " why is this absurd, isnt a rock band package like 200? "
    Original set is $100.
    Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By Atlas

It's not an offensive price, but I probably wouldn't buy Natal if it was priced at $50. Motion controls just don't appeal to me at all. I however would love for Microsoft to prove me wrong and change my mind. Basically it comes down to how well Fable III implements Natal, or whether it ruins the game.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Rhaknar

150 dollars, which would be 150euros... no thanks , i can get a black Wii with wii sports resort for 200

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FirePrince

If MS wants these things to sell they will sell them for under 100$.Rumors of Natal even costing around 60 bucks existed since day 1. 
    If they don't,well,I'm sure not buying it.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ace829
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " This again?  Man, I can't wait for E3 so that these rumors can STFU and we can finally have a confirmation on the retail price.  If it actually does go retail for $149.99 USD, it'll probably be something like $179.99 CAD.  And at that price point, I can safely say: "fuck that shit" and not buy it.  I'm really interested in Natal, and I really want to experience it for myself, but I'm not going to be buying a peripheral/accessory for that much money.  That's too bad.  If that price is real, I hope Microsoft experience another "$599 U.S. dollars" moment  at E3 when they announce the price. "
    These are my sentiments exactly.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By apathylad

Yeah, that's too expensive. For that price, it better be part of some bundle.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RobotHamster

I wouldn't get it even if it were free, natal and all other motion control are stupid made by stupid people for stupid people.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm interested in it but more for dashboard/music/video navigation than for games, but if it's 150+ I'll stick to the controller. 

I still don't think they'll charge this much for it. We'll see soon enough.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By get2sammyb

The problem Natal has is two-fold. Here's how I see it -- on one hand it is being touted as a revolutionary, game-changing, super-important, practically unmissable paradigm shift in the technology space, right? That's what Microsoft wants you to think. But they also want it to be a super intuitive, casual, kids and soccer mums Wii-like device too, right?

The problem? Who is this aimed at then - technophiles will be put off by the casualness of it all; soccer mums will be but off by the techno-ness of it all...

... Which leads into pricing. A paradigm shift piece of technology has to be expensive to convey that sense of importance. A casual video games "toy" has to be cheap.

I just get the feeling Microsoft's pulling in two directions with Natal -- I get the impression they don't really know what it's for.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's a price point destined to make it fail.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Computerplayer1 said:
    " Lol $150? No. Just, no. "
    davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By davidwitten22

No, I don't want this at all. 

The Move, on the other hand... Well, I want that even less. If that's possible.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By septim

$150 is not out of the realm of a possible purchase from me. MS better do a damn good job of selling me on it during E3 though.

Also at this price point it better have the onboard processor, not the gimped POS that was rumored to use a 360 core for processing. 

It seems that things have quieted down around Natal. Maybe a bad sign that MS and developers are losing confidence that this will be akin to a console refresh.

TehJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TehJames

Waaaaaaaaaaay too much, i will only buy natal if it has a price tag of 60 bucks.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By salad10203

I dont want to be the devils advocate, but I think there are some reasons to think it should work.  If Natal is truly innovative and brings new types of gaming never-before-seen then I think a lot of gamers wiill be willing to pay the 150.  If they can break through to that crowd and if the apps are truly impressive then everyone will slowly buy in as well.  I mean, look at WoW and Xbox live, which both have equivalents (Guild Wars and PSN) which are free alternatives but still WoW and XBL are hugely successful.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By bed

what the fuck? it was 70 or something last time i checked. 

..or was that the move? i don't even remember 

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ace829
    @AjayRaz said:

" what the fuck? it was 70 or something last time i checked.  ..or was that the move? i don't even remember  "

It was said to be $70, but that was just a false rumor, this one however has yet to be disproved. We shall find out at E3.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By get2sammyb
    @salad10203 said:
    " I dont want to be the devils advocate, but I think there are some reasons to think it should work.  If Natal is truly innovative and brings new types of gaming never-before-seen then I think a lot of gamers wiill be willing to pay the 150.  If they can break through to that crowd and if the apps are truly impressive then everyone will slowly buy in as well.  I mean, look at WoW and Xbox live, which both have equivalents (Guild Wars and PSN) which are free alternatives but still WoW and XBL are hugely successful. "
    You're right. I agree with you. For it to be marketed as the kind of technology breakthrough they're saying it is it has to be expensive. But that doesn't work in line with the "casual gaming" thing they're so blatantly targeting.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Diamond

I really doubt that, especially considering the prediction was $100 before MS took out ALL THE SPECIAL PROCESSORS, so now the 360 does the work.  Maybe a bundle for a Xbox 360 arcade, NATAL, and a game for $150...

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Microsoft starts these rumors secretly to observe the reactions to certain pricing...  Probably not, but it's possible.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Will1Lucky

Rumors are it will be packaged with a Slim 360 of some sort. So how does $150 for a 360 Slim with Natal bundled in sound?

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By voodooterror

i wont pay more then $80

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be $0~50. The only reason the Wii's motion sensing stuff made any ground was because it was bundled free with the console (because it was kind of the whole point behind the console). I doubt many people will go out of their way to buy this crap when their consoles already do everything that they'd ever want. $150 for something with limited functionality compared to the console itself is stupid. Anyway, peripherals like this and Move will be met with limited success (I hope, so S&M will finally give up on motion sensing), sort of like the Eyetoy.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Whisperkill

Fuck THAT! They want ME to pay MONEY for their technology, 

Yeah, ok. I'll pirate it just like everyone else.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#35  Edited By jaqen_hghar

If that is the price, it will have to have at least one great game bundled with it. 
    I am cautiously optimistic about it, since I see a lot of uses for it. If they manage to do what they have set out to do, I will get it eventually. 
    And even if it's not as good as they say, the tech will surely lead to even better motion controls and such in the future. 

What I don't get is all the "hardcore" gamers who hate the Wii, Natal and Move because of motion controls. Sure there is a lot of shovelware on the Wii, but why should the motion controls be solely to blame? I like how it is implemented in Zelda for instance, where it makes aiming a lot easier. No More Heroes also use it wonderfully. Seeing how Natal isn't a controller, you can use the normal controllers with the Natal. If the face recognition works as intended, you can "lip-sync" your characters in MP games for instance. 
    Anyway, I for one like progress. Without trying out new things, we wouldn't even be playing games today. Heck, we wouldn't have internet. Or anything else for that matter. 

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By weltal

Awesome.
     Yet another reason to not buy a Natal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.