The Hardcore Kinect Game You've Been Waiting For: Hole in the Wall

Posted by patrickklepek (5581 posts) -
This could get a little creepy with friends.

There's been a not-so-steady stream of games supporting Microsoft's Kinect device since its splashy launch. I still haven't plugged the thing back in since moving back to San Francisco, despite having been enthusiastic about the premise, especially Dance Central.

Aaaaand while the concept is gimmicky, I'm sorta stoked at GameSetWatch stumbling upon a German ratings entry for Hole in the Wall.

Hole in the Wall airs on Cartoon Network, best summarized by its own damn name. Contestants are forced to position themselves in ridiculous poses to pass through a...hole in the wall.

The ratings entry listed Hole in the Wall as being a downloadable game for Kinect, which is something Microsoft has strangely shied away from in the moths after Kinect's launch. Getting a downloadable game up and running using Kinect's hardware might have proved less daunting and help fill software gaps.

Looks that might change beginning at E3, though. Twisted Pixel Games has also announced a downloadable Kinect game, the awesome and bizarre-looking on-rails shooter, The Gunstringer.

#1 Posted by patrickklepek (5581 posts) -
This could get a little creepy with friends.

There's been a not-so-steady stream of games supporting Microsoft's Kinect device since its splashy launch. I still haven't plugged the thing back in since moving back to San Francisco, despite having been enthusiastic about the premise, especially Dance Central.

Aaaaand while the concept is gimmicky, I'm sorta stoked at GameSetWatch stumbling upon a German ratings entry for Hole in the Wall.

Hole in the Wall airs on Cartoon Network, best summarized by its own damn name. Contestants are forced to position themselves in ridiculous poses to pass through a...hole in the wall.

The ratings entry listed Hole in the Wall as being a downloadable game for Kinect, which is something Microsoft has strangely shied away from in the moths after Kinect's launch. Getting a downloadable game up and running using Kinect's hardware might have proved less daunting and help fill software gaps.

Looks that might change beginning at E3, though. Twisted Pixel Games has also announced a downloadable Kinect game, the awesome and bizarre-looking on-rails shooter, The Gunstringer.

#2 Edited by Floope (193 posts) -

I LOVE holes in walls.

#3 Posted by datarez (558 posts) -

As long as there aren't many "Bam! There it is." kinect moments this could be an entertaining party game. 

#4 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
dont we all
#5 Posted by Khann (2887 posts) -

YEAH SICK BRO FUCK YEAH SICK SWEET

#6 Posted by Danteveli (1198 posts) -

Yes Yes and Yes one more time.
Epic
 No longer only a viewer  now we can participate in greatest tv program

#7 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

This a perfectly except-able game to be downloadable for the Kinect.

#8 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Will it be sexy?

#9 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

I would play this.

#10 Posted by WiqidBritt (578 posts) -

not exactly the thing that comes to mind when I hear someone talk about a hardcore hole-in-the-wall...

#11 Posted by Sin4profit (2956 posts) -

tehee,  "moths"

#12 Posted by WhytePanther (107 posts) -

Will there be a boxed special edition with the costume?

#13 Posted by ChuckVsWorld (8 posts) -

Put "Glory" in the front of that title and watch sales skyrocket.

#14 Posted by JoshyLee (178 posts) -

This will probably end up being an excellent party game.

#15 Posted by RobertOrri (1139 posts) -

German, hardcore, hole in the wall... wow.

#16 Posted by Natalia (119 posts) -

I can't wait for the Quick Look of this.

#17 Posted by TerraDelu (501 posts) -

Hahaha at first I thought this was the news story Patrick was talking about on twitter. It definitely isn't.

#18 Posted by VicRattlehead (1399 posts) -

man the UK version of this show is god fucking awful... 

#19 Posted by MjHealy (1859 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this was on the BBC for a while. It seemed pretty dumb though it seems to suit the Kinect.

#20 Posted by onimonkii (2449 posts) -

#21 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

How glorious

#22 Posted by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

Isn't this game already on one of those Kinect mini-game compilations? The one that Ryan and Alex QL'ed; the last Kinect QL at that I think.

#23 Posted by yeah_write (219 posts) -

Half the fun of that game (on TV) is watching too-large people try to smash themselves through a hold on a physical wall. Not sure it'd be as hilarious with a virtual wall, but it'd still be entertaining to pull out at parties. 

#24 Posted by deckardbrain (2 posts) -

This is my hole! It was made for me!

#25 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -
@Natalia said:
I can't wait for the Quick Look of this.
It will be magnificent
#26 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

I always thought it would come to this.

#27 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

Japanese "Hole in the Wall". Now that would be awesome!

#28 Posted by Myomoto (310 posts) -

Hole in the wall just sounds like a glory hole simulator...

#29 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -
@la26 said:
  a whole bunch of nonsense advertising bullshit
Wait, what? Spam? On MY Giant Bomb?
#30 Posted by wizll (9 posts) -

can't wait for the QL

#31 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

This could be fun, the fact that some developers are embracing downloadable kinect games seems like a great idea to me.  

#32 Posted by YukoAsho (2077 posts) -

Yeah, that's a very, very different type of hardcore.

#33 Posted by LoktarOgar (390 posts) -

Didn't Ryan and Alex already do a quicklook of a game where hole in the wall was just 1 of the minigames?

#34 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2384 posts) -

Human tetris is finally here!

#35 Posted by TheRandomKo (240 posts) -
@wizll
can't wait for the QL
That..
#36 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Yep, Kinect is still a joke.

#37 Posted by blaakmawf (543 posts) -

This isn't a hardcore game.

#38 Posted by pikeplacer (388 posts) -
@Xpgamer7 said:
Human tetris is finally here!

Just brilliant      ^^^^
#39 Posted by Althox (294 posts) -

I WANT A QUICKLOOK OF THIS GAME!... AND ALSO BEER!

#40 Posted by giant_frying_pan (64 posts) -

BRING ON THE WALL!

#41 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

too bad there isn't force feedback. I'd love to see people get knocked down if they fail.

#42 Posted by HBK619 (162 posts) -

I demand an Endurance Run of this game!

#43 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

Probably one of the better game shows useable for Kinect.

#44 Posted by Deusoma (3018 posts) -
@bukkookkub said:
too bad there isn't force feedback. I'd love to see people get knocked down if they fail.
Oh man, yeah. That would make this game at least 120% more entertaining.
#45 Posted by Absolute_Zero (242 posts) -
@Abyssfull @LoktarOgar Yep. It was a minigame in that Carnival Games... game.
#46 Posted by geirr (2637 posts) -

Great.

#47 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

I preferred hole in the wall when it was only in Japan and we called it "Human Tetris". The British version is abysmal, but so is everything else on TV at 5PM on a Saturday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.