Well this should put anyone off Kinect.

#1 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

I think this says it all...
#2 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5412 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops: What are you talking about? This is awesome. Day one, baby!
#3 Posted by thejamster (263 posts) -

payed actors pretending to be a family is not helping.  Despite that this is still looking terrible

#4 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Looks like an advertisement.

#5 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" Looks like an advertisement. "
yup, it does. But how would this ever persuade hard core gamers to buy Kinect?
#6 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

The dancing was a little painful. Other than that though, looks like some motion control shenanigans. Wasn't everyone already aware of this?

#7 Posted by Darko (115 posts) -

I hope they announce a game for that thing where you pretend to be a douchie actor with dreams of 'making it', but can only get roles pretending to play a horrible party game in b-roll footage that will barely be seen.

#8 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -
@Darko said:
" I hope they announce a game for that thing where you pretend to be a douchie actor with dreams of 'making it', but can only get roles pretending to play a horrible party game in b-roll footage that will barely be seen. "
Listen to the sound of my BIG BLACK BOOTS!
#9 Posted by MB (12264 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @rjayb89 said:
yup, it does. But how would this ever persuade hard core gamers to buy Kinect? "
Microsoft is trying to cash in on some of the Wii segment - it has nothing to do with people like you.
#10 Edited by President_Barackbar (3455 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops:  Well, if you price it competitively with the Wii, it might seem like a good buy over a new system to someone who owns a 360. Think about it: Someone in the family already owns a 360 but wants to buy something that could bring the family into it. Priced less than a Wii, Kinect would seem like a good buy for this person.

EDIT: Dammit, MB beat me to the punch. Well played.
#11 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

The "and... jump!" got annoying really quick. Had to stop watching.

#12 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

i'll take my dysfunctional family over the creepy family who does everything together any day

#13 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -
@MB said:
" @sodiumCyclops said:
" @rjayb89 said:
yup, it does. But how would this ever persuade hard core gamers to buy Kinect? "
Microsoft is trying to cash in on some of the Wii segment - it has nothing to do with people like you. "
So as a gamer, I should take no interest in Kinect whatsoever?
#14 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

man.... sucks
At least Sony is out with the Move which seems like something someone with interest in VIDEO GAMES could actually use.

#15 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops: Yes
#16 Posted by MB (12264 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:
" So as a gamer, I should take no interest in Kinect whatsoever? "

You intimated that you were a "hardcore" gamer - the Kinect is clearly not going to be marketed to hardcore gamers. That's what I meant.
#17 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -
@MB: Point taken.
#18 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

There is this thing called the Wii.  Millions of people bought it to do that exact same shit.  That is all. 

#19 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -

Negative interest? Does it exist?

#20 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @rjayb89 said:
same way some "hard core" gamers got influenced to buy the wii... oh wait....
#21 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I just hope MS has some surprises just for hardcore gamers lined up tomorrow.

#22 Edited by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

Not very psyched. 
The woman playing the mom in the first part was kinda hot, though.

#23 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

This video reminds me of the Windows 7 Launch Party ads.

#24 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

Uum no thanks

#25 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

I don't own a 360, and am very cynical about kinect's abilities, especially outside the wii demographic. I'm WAY more interested in Sony's offering in Move, as the technology isn't so 'crazy new', so it's probably more robust and better.

#26 Posted by freecajunlove (145 posts) -

:56 second mark.... sold!

#27 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

That end bit where the man fast forwarded with his hand reminded me of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 

#28 Posted by TheHT (11144 posts) -

GOOD JOB, MOM. :D

#29 Posted by masterpaperlink (1836 posts) -

WIIIIIIII 

coun't me out

#30 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

OMG the worst! I can't see the appeal of these lame "games".

#31 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

wow.  garbage.

#32 Edited by Bogitt (201 posts) -

Too be fair this thing looks like it will make you become pretty active to get the sensor to register anything, so those strange people who buy games systems to get fit would at the least be interested. 

Oh and the only reason i can see to buy this thing is if the UI stuff is as cool as i am hoping it's going to be

#33 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

If they integrate some sort of way where i can use the kinect to select menus and so on, on my xbox, and not just the zune marketplace/video thing, i might consider buying it.
Im a sucker for techy gadgets.

I could not care less for the game part.

#34 Posted by Daveyo520 (6681 posts) -

You'll look stupid playing any motion controlled game. As long as other people are doing the same around you, so what?

#35 Edited by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

Third place! 

Is where X-Box is going to stay!

#36 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

We've already seen this part dad, fast forward.
Also, no one else in the room move or you will mess this up.

#37 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

you gotta be kidding.

if this is marketed right, it will be huge. Nintendo Wii huge.

#38 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I'm happy with my controller. 

#39 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I can't help but roll my eyes when I see this  idealistic portrayal of an American family. And I totally see where the OP is coming from - anything that has The Guild on it would make me lose interest.

#40 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I have better things to spend my money on than this. It's the same as the wii, it looks functional but I'm obviously not the target audience so I can't bitch about how I don't like it.

#41 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -
@RedEyesBlueBunny said:
" i'll take my dysfunctional family over the creepy family who does everything together any day "
that's... the wisest thing I've heard in quite a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.