Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Why do you need Kinect for Voice Recognition?

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

So the only thing that really appeals to me with the whole Kinect device is voice recognition. Because its the exact same technology implemented in Windows, and its simply software. I know to most people this is new info but windows has had voice recognition for an extremely long time( as well has hand writing recognition), and this is simply an implementation of that software. So why do i need a kinect bar? So i can yell louder then i would into a mic because the kinect is further away? The Microsoft dudes showing of voice recognition at the conference were wearing professional grade headsets.

So why do i need 150$ piece of hardware for a software patch? I don't want any of the motion stuff, i feel it removes from immersion. On a side note Windows Voice recognition is really good, you guys should try it out. Its awesome with a Bluetooth headset being able to do stuff on my computer while not even being at the computer, even type( Office has full integration).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.