Yes, Kinect Will Be Useable While You're Sitting

• 94 results
#51 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

this guy is a bragger

#52 Posted by TheVelourFog (8 posts) -

Honestly, that first paragraph has to be the most smug and insufferable thing I've come across in weeks. And if it was intended as sarcasm you need to realize that it doesn't really play that well on the internet.

#53 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

EVERY ARTICLE MUST HAVE FUNNIES, EVERY CAPTION MUST BE FUNNY, I GO TO THE GYM A LOT. 

#54 Posted by gnah (1 posts) -

Brad Nicholson is an insufferable dick who frequently posts arrogant intros into poorly-researched "news" posts. How he's still on the payroll amazes me.

#55 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

it's pretty funny seeing the amount of people who misinterpret his "gym two or three days a week" thing as something serious as opposed to a joke. pretty easy to spot rofl.

i won't be getting kinect any time soon, but i can imagine that nobody will want to have to stand up to navigate through nxe menus, and microsoft didn't really make it that clear whether their statement includes the nxe or not.

#56 Posted by SpartyOn (500 posts) -
@Webby said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" What kind of tool goes to the gym 3 times a day?  You write about videogames, you're not an Olympic wrestler.  "
Even still Body-builders don't go to the gym 3 times a day. You can't rest each muscle group enough.  Ronnie Coleman's Mr Olympia training was 6 days a week (once a day).  Must be doing a shit workout if you have to go 3 times. lol "
boom
#57 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Apparently news spreads out late, this was confirmed some weeks ago. But its better late than not knowing.

#58 Posted by The_Bad_Doctor (10 posts) -

That's my main problem with kinect everything about it seems so theoretical at this point, anything you ask them they say..... sure it can do that, why not an also other stuff who knows? it's all very iffy they wont even tell us how much it will cost yet! 

#59 Posted by ProfessorEss (7278 posts) -
@Crushed said:
 Apparently at least one dev has gone on record saying that they aren't developing for Kinect because of this very issue. "
And which developer was that?
#60 Posted by Korne (625 posts) -

The big thing that may get people disappointed is that it can only track 2 active players at a time. I'm not sure how the 4 player games will work, but they won't be everyone off the couch jumping around like Tom Cruise.

#61 Posted by CitizenKane (10502 posts) -

You know going to the gym three times a day doesn't help, right?

#62 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

Although I'll probably play it standing up anyways, it's nice that I can play games sitting if I don't feel like it

#63 Posted by tumes (206 posts) -

Howmuchyabench?

#64 Posted by gike987 (1747 posts) -
#65 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" You know going to the gym three times a day doesn't help, right? "
But he's rad because he does, right?
#66 Edited by zacharai (86 posts) -
@Toms115 said:
"

it's pretty funny seeing the amount of people who misinterpret his "gym two or three days a week" thing as something serious as opposed to a joke. pretty easy to spot rofl.

"
I'm amazed at how obvious that joke is, and how many people actually take it seriously.  It's funny because he doesn't go to the gym.  It's like reviewing a waterskiing game and starting off with "as a dude who professionally waterskiis on the weekends, ..."
#67 Posted by MasterHiggins (22 posts) -

Fucks sake, you guys...

#68 Posted by Radar (887 posts) -

Must be a joke. Gotta be. 

#69 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

The sheer number of people who honestly thought he was being serious about the gym thing has made me lose faith in humanity....

#70 Posted by XivSpew (45 posts) -

guys, of course he's serious.  He's been an exercise freak for years, and everyone on podtoid/electric hydra gives him shit for it.  Ep. 10 of EH he said the people at the gym had to take his picture because he was coming so much, lol.  Don't be hatin on chet.

#71 Edited by MasterHiggins (22 posts) -
@XivSpew: More importantly, not only is he an exercise freak, but he was making an honest to goodness joke about it. Some people seem to not understand the importance of joking around, and having a good time. It's video games. It's fun.

@Radar: I think he was referring to all the flak that he gets for his news articles.
#72 Posted by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

That's great in all but i still don't see myself using this thing that much because playing games is a pass time for me and not an active activity. I also workout 3 to 4 days a week and have a job so when i come home and relax,  video games is one of the pass times i choose to do. Like most gamers i just want to use it like minority report  and move menus without looking for my controller. i don't know if a want to pay 150 for that.
#73 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

Yep. Silly concerns of it not working when you sit down. Because, hey guys, its not like there are people out there who can't use their legs or something.

I don't usually write hate speech, but fuck this guy.

#74 Posted by gike987 (1747 posts) -
@babblinmule said:
" The sheer number of people who honestly thought he was being serious about the gym thing has made me lose faith in humanity.... "
Doesn't matter if he was serious because it's still the does it because he thinks it cool to brag about going to the gym. 
If you haven noticed he always talks about his gym (even before giant bomb) so it's not like it's some one time joke.
#75 Posted by crusnchill (856 posts) -

I'm actually looking forward to standing up to play some video games, without crappy Wii graphics and shitty gameplay. 
I just have to be careful since 360 is in my bedroom, which means that if I have to jump for something in the game, naturally everything in my room will shake, (no I'm not fat! lol) and I'd be scared of accidentally causing my discs to scratch while I play.

#76 Edited by MasterHiggins (22 posts) -
@gike987: Okay, fair enough. However, I don't think it's supposed to be some kind of conceited thing. It's just an endearing quality. Readers joke to him about it, and he sends it right back. But I can see if you aren't a "fan" how it could come off as being conceited. I don't know, it just seems like people aren't being fair, or to put it more bluntly, rude little rat dicks. Not just about the "work out" thing. On all of his articles he seems to receive a lot of very uncalled for detraction. He doesn't have to be your favorite writer, but I don't understand all the hate. [EDIT] And, no, this isn't "leave Britney alone!". I just think it's a little ridiculous, that's all.
#77 Posted by Matterless (326 posts) -

I didn't mind the idea of standing to play a game. Just wanted to make sure you could manipulate menus or start a movie from a sitting position. Which I guess I'm still not entirely clear on.
#78 Posted by Deathpooky (1374 posts) -

My main concern (which I still have) was that it would make the navigation and other features fucking annoying if I had to stand up, be recognized by the Kinect, and then wave my arms around to control things.  I'd rather just find my controller than mess with a Kinect if their features end up cumbersome. 

You aren't going to sit down and play Dance Central or a fitness game.  But standing up to use every part of Kinect would make it useless.

#79 Posted by blaakmawf (543 posts) -

I will never sit again.

#80 Posted by roylink (128 posts) -

Well don't they have to, for the support of watching shows and movies with kinect controls.

#81 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@gike987 said:
" @babblinmule said:
" The sheer number of people who honestly thought he was being serious about the gym thing has made me lose faith in humanity.... "
Doesn't matter if he was serious because it's still the does it because he thinks it cool to brag about going to the gym.  If you haven noticed he always talks about his gym (even before giant bomb) so it's not like it's some one time joke. "
Guess it depends on your humour taste - some people quite like the sarcastic humour Brad displays, but to each his own i suppose.
#82 Posted by gike987 (1747 posts) -
@MasterHiggins said:

" @gike987: Okay, fair enough. However, I don't think it's supposed to be some kind of conceited thing. It's just an endearing quality. Readers joke to him about it, and he sends it right back. But I can see if you aren't a "fan" how it could come off as being conceited. I don't know, it just seems like people aren't being fair, or to put it more bluntly, rude little rat dicks. Not just about the "work out" thing. On all of his articles he seems to receive a lot of very uncalled for detraction. He doesn't have to be your favorite writer, but I don't understand all the hate. [EDIT] And, no, this isn't "leave Britney alone!". I just think it's a little ridiculous, that's all. "

I normally don't complain about him. I don't care if "it's not news" or bad jokes (I have defended him in the past). But to someone who does not know about it it leaves a bad first impression.  I would be totally fine with it if it wasn't the first thing in the article, because if it was in the end of the article you would already know about his writing style. It's just a bad thing to start with. If this had been the first thing I read from him i would probably avoid to read anything more made by him.
#83 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

Exercise!? oh nooooooooo 

Come on get up and get down with the sickness.    
#84 Posted by Klaimore (945 posts) -

So the only thing that throws me off in this topic is the picture wtf is with that pillow?

#85 Posted by gggames_se (2 posts) -

With a real controller you can play in what ever position you like :)

#86 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Cool! now I'm definitely gonna go pick it u...........Awww who the Fuck am I kidding?

#87 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

" Just like the Wii, right?

"
epic video
#88 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

No shit much?

#89 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Actually, I think it would be awesome to throw a grenade in a game by imitating the actually throwing. Or even pulling the pin out by imitating that. 

Now I totally want Kinect to be used in first person shooters like this. That desire will pass by tomorrow I'm sure.

#90 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Damn the hate Nicolson's getting is surprising. 

#91 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

Thank goodness

#92 Posted by EvilBuddyHolly (25 posts) -
@Klaimore said:

"So the only thing that throws me off in this topic is the picture wtf is with that pillow? "

That isn't a pillow.  It's a square dog!    
#93 Posted by Curufinwe (1243 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" Damn the hate Nicolson's getting is surprising.  "
No it isn't.  You have to be a douche of cartoonish proportions to start a videogame news story by telling people how often you go to the gym.

Hiring Brad N = worst decision ever made by GIant Bomb.
#94 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Still not interested. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.