What is the correct pronunciation of the PS2 game "Kinetica"?

#1 Posted by JohnnyAutoFire (353 posts) -

This is an argument that has been going on between my friend and I for almost a decade.  I have always pronounced it as "Ken-Tech-Ah" but now I'm not sure if that is right, as there is an "e" in there that i didn't take into account back in 2001.  Is the "e" silent?

#2 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

That's fucking retarded.

Kin-é-tich-ah.

#3 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

I always thought it was just "Kin-et-ic-ah"??

#4 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1141 posts) -
Kinetic - ah. You took high school science classes, yes?
#5 Posted by JohnnyAutoFire (353 posts) -
@CornontheCobbe: Yeah, now that i'm looking at it, that seems right.  I was a dumb 11 year old apparently.
#6 Posted by Sincillian (530 posts) -

Haven't played that game in ages.  

Anyway it's pronounced 

Kin-e-ti-ca

#7 Posted by JohnnyAutoFire (353 posts) -
@LaszloKovacs: At the time the game came out, no I hadn't yet had any high school classes.  Just for some reason I kept calling it that all this time.
#8 Posted by Pazy (2563 posts) -

I always had this problem as a kid. For years when playing Tekken, which I started at like 7,  I would call Heihachi Mishima "Hechia" and didnt learn until a few years ago how to say it properly.

#9 Posted by JohnnyAutoFire (353 posts) -
@Pazy: Dude Yes!  I had a hell of a time with "Yoshimitsu".
#10 Posted by HatKing (5875 posts) -
@LaszloKovacs said:
"Kinetic - ah. You took high school science classes, yes? "

bahaha Yes!

I'm so glad that I, once again, have been pronouncing this the correct way.
#11 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@HatKing said:
" @LaszloKovacs said:
"Kinetic - ah. You took high school science classes, yes? "
bahaha Yes! I'm so glad that I, once again, have been pronouncing this the correct way. "
This has to be right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.