Is this game any good?

#1 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

In my recent hype about Kingdom Hearts, I seemed to have forgotten that the only ones I've played are the console titles. And while those two are enough to justify buying Birth By Sleep in the morning, I seem to have forgotten something else. I own a DS. 

I don't play it much, admittedly, I think the only game I have from post 2005 is Pokemon Heartgold. Still though, if i like BBS, I think I'd like to give 358/2 a try. But I don't really know much about it. For anyone who has played it, is it good? I felt a little stupid carrying around my DS, but my affinity for Pokemon overwhelmed my embarrassment, and I'm hoping this game will do that too. So opinions, short (or long, i guess) reviews, or tips for the game anyone would care to throw me?

#2 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

Yes, it's a good game.  Since the game is mission based, the missions do get a little repetitive.  Kill this, investigate that.  I found the game more enjoyable in short bursts then in long sessions.

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
#5 Posted by Hailinel (23878 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Yes, it's a good game.  Since the game is mission based, the missions do get a little repetitive.  Kill this, investigate that.  I found the game more enjoyable in short bursts then in long sessions. "
The design is ideal for the portable format.  Pick it up, clear a mission or two, put it down again for later.  It was, however, my favorite game of last year.  If you enjoy Kingdom Hearts, it's a fair bet that you'll enjoy 358/2 Days, too.
#6 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" Yes, it's a good game.  Since the game is mission based, the missions do get a little repetitive.  Kill this, investigate that.  I found the game more enjoyable in short bursts then in long sessions. "
The design is ideal for the portable format.  Pick it up, clear a mission or two, put it down again for later. "
This is true.
#7 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.