Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 29, 2009

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is a Nintendo DS title revolving around Roxas's birth and his life as an Organization XIII member.

New Game Get! (Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days)

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Edited By El33tPanda

My mailbox always provides me with joy whenever I see that Orange and White package from Gamefly, but today I was especially excited.  First off, I've loved the Kingdom Hearts series ever since it first came out, way back when.  It's a phenomenal series and I don't think it's gotten it's fair share of games.  Today I got the new DS game, and I can't wait to dive into it for some old fashioned Kingdom Hearts goodness.  Storytelling and gameplay are both the really big aspects I love.  I'll have a review up when I get finished, or mostly done.  :)

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By El33tPanda

My mailbox always provides me with joy whenever I see that Orange and White package from Gamefly, but today I was especially excited.  First off, I've loved the Kingdom Hearts series ever since it first came out, way back when.  It's a phenomenal series and I don't think it's gotten it's fair share of games.  Today I got the new DS game, and I can't wait to dive into it for some old fashioned Kingdom Hearts goodness.  Storytelling and gameplay are both the really big aspects I love.  I'll have a review up when I get finished, or mostly done.  :)

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheGodPoet

I got the game about 4 days ago and spent 3 days playing it straight through.  It's a pretty long game.You'll be playing it for over 28 hours if you go through the story mode doing nothing else but if you do the other things they have then you'll be playing over 35+ hours. No one seems to be online for the multi player though so I haven't tried that yet.  

I love the series and this game reminded me why. This game is a must play and answers all of the questions you've had about Roxas and the organization. The game leaves you with 1 mind fuck question close to the end though.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Axersia

Hope you enjoy it man. I received my copy a week ago and ended up beating it in a weekend. Took me 26 hours to beat but I spent a couple more hours on it doing some of the optional stuff and playing through the missions as my favorite Org members (mainly Marluxia and Saix as I like their weapons and how they control).

This actually became my favorite game on the DS but that was to be expected considering how big a fan I am of the series. My only gripe with the game was the "Ruler of the Sky" boss battle. That had to be one of the most tedious and frustrating boss battles in the entire series, and for a while there I regretted picking Proud Mode (not sure if picking anything lower than that would help a lot, though...). I ended up spending an hour worth of retries on it. It's still less than what I spent on some of KH2 Final Mix's bosses on Critical Mode, but at least they felt fair. The Leechgrave boss battle is pretty horrible as well if you don't know you can block the Tentaclaws to stun them (so keep that in mind for when you get to that part -- assuming you haven't passed it yet).

But aside from that, excellent game. I know some people complain it feels a bit too repetitive at times due to its mission-based structure, but that obviously wasn't an issue for me as I beat it in a single weekend.

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By El33tPanda

I've spent three hours with it so far, and I'm loving the story feel right now, and the missions don't feel repetitive...yet.  I really want answers about Roxas and the Orginization, and as you said Sincillian, it is becoming clear and I'm having a lot of "Oh!" moments.  The pacing seems a bit slow in the beginning, where a couple of mission tutorials could have been combined instead but that's a very minor complaint.

I'm about to dig in a lot this afternoon and throughout this next week, so hopefully I can get through it by next weekend.

One last thing, the music score is WOW.  I can't believe that sound quality they've gotten out of the hardware, from the voice-overs to the familiar, KH music.  Thanks for the reply guys, review coming soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.