Do drops matter?

#1 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

I've been playing this game for about 7 or 8 hours now... I'm at the end of the second world, and I've done about 10 "drops" (which is when the game forces you to switch from one character to the other). Does anyone know if the drop number matters? Is there some benefit to trying to beat the game with a minimal number of drops? If I'm enjoying playing as a particular character (usually Riku), can I just switch back to them whenever the game forces me to "drop", with no penalty? I realize that eventually I will have to go back and play through the game as the other person :)

#2 Posted by Epidehl (296 posts) -

Having just beaten it, I can say no it doesn't seem the drop number matters at all. I guess the only reason to not drop back immediately is to get drop points for the temporary stat boosts you can get when you drop.

#3 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

@Epidehl: Thanks for the reply. That's a good point... I forgot that if you drop immediately, then you don't have a chance to get drop points for those temp upgrades (which is one of the only things making Proud Mode manageable for me so far). I just get frustrated when I'm in the middle of a boss fight or an interesting area and I have to switch.

Overall I'm enjoying this game, but man are there a lot of different (and bizarre) mechanics. Penny Arcade was on the money with their comic about it: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/08/03

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.