Image of Joshua & Beat in Kingdom Hearts 3DS.

#1 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

More characters from The World Ends With You will be in Kingdom Hearts 3DS (Image is from a scan that is why it can't be upload to the page directly):

#2 Posted by Lokishot (9 posts) -

Who's that with Jesus?

#3 Edited by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Oh nice so Beat, Rhyme and Shiki will make appearances

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

Hey, it's those guys from that game I like. I'm so buying Kingdom Hearts now.

#5 Posted by Zippedbinders (997 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Hey, it's those guys from that game I like. I'm so buying Kingdom Hearts now.

You know what, yeah, pretty much. I had zero interest in this until they mentioned TWEWY stuff.

#6 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19344 posts) -

I'm not too sure how Kingdom Hearts works, but is this supposed to take place concurrently with the story in TWEWY? Or is everyone going to know that Joshua's the Composer? 

Also, Rhyme's been confirmed to also be in the game.

#7 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (389 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I'm not too sure how Kingdom Hearts works, but is this supposed to take place concurrently with the story in TWEWY? Or is everyone going to know that Joshua's the Composer?

It depends on how they do it. If they treat them like the disney worlds, then, one would assume the games story would be unfolding alongside Sora/Riku so no they wouldn't.

If they're just characters that are around in Twilight town or various original areas like other FF/SE characters, then yeah it depends on when in the TWEWY story they set them if they all know or not but from what we know so far there's really no way to tell.

#8 Edited by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

They way they usually do it is they tell an abridged version of a story with heartless/nobodies/unversed mixed in, with some exceptions since there are many games that revisit the same worlds, so some take place before the main story of said world.

This not being a Kingdom Hearts prequel but a main entry building the timeline forwards I'm guessing it will play out concurrently. I'm not sure though if they will tell the whole story or if they'll just leave it at "we defeated one of the bad guys and now our heroes have to move on to the next world so I guess there'll be lots of challenges for both of us in the future" and leave it at that. I guess if that happends they could still revisit the world in later installments.

This seems like kind of a special case though because while Square characters have been in previous installments they have never had their own world, instead they have just shown up in other worlds. Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden is usually the in-universe home of all Final Fantasy (and various Kingdom Hearts) characters. I'm interested in seeing how they handle this.

Edit: Ah, and I guess there's nothing really pointing toward them having their own world either so that makes sense.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (24837 posts) -

Copy sold.

#10 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

Not Beat from Jet Set Radio? BOO!

/hasntplayedTWEWY

#11 Posted by Zippedbinders (997 posts) -

@MiniPato said:

Not Beat from Jet Set Radio? BOO!

/hasntplayedTWEWY

I suggest fixing that as soon as you can, TWEWY is probably the best thing SE has made in the past ten or so years.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19344 posts) -

@SotoSaki said:

It depends on how they do it. If they treat them like the disney worlds, then, one would assume the games story would be unfolding alongside Sora/Riku so no they wouldn't.

If they're just characters that are around in Twilight town or various original areas like other FF/SE characters, then yeah it depends on when in the TWEWY story they set them if they all know or not but from what we know so far there's really no way to tell.

From the newest trailer, since Shiki doesn't have the right body, it's probably safe to assume that both stories are happening concurrently. It's too bad Kingdom Hearts is so complicated plot wise by now that I'd probably be utterly confused if this was my first KH game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.