Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 31, 2012

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is a new entry in the Kingdom Hearts series for the 3DS.

Kingdom Hearts 3DS Demo. Opinions?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Nubster

I thought it was a little bit short, consisting basically of jumping on a few rails and then killing a boss, but what I played felt pretty tight, and it had promise. The idea of Flowmotion, while named kinda silly, is really fun, though it is a bit hard to see where they're trying to funnel you. Combat worked, and it worked very well. Though it was a bit strange to have so many spells and have no idea what they do, it was easy to swap between them and find what you were looking for.

The new character they introduced is neat, but I'm no sucker for the story of KH. It was still written very hammily.

Overall, though, it seemed really solid, though I don't know if I'm sold on a not-KH3.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BasketSnake

A weird story I don't care about, nostalgia from running around Traverse Town, great combat and your usual Kingdom Hearts music. Very good 3D. As expected, I liked it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

The demo was far to short. Fun though.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

The demo was very short and all I kept thinking was why do they have to keep making these games on handhelds.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maystack

Like everyone else is saying it was pretty short. Combat seemed fine, the flowmotion seemed a bit complicated but once I get to grips with it, it should be fine. The reality shift thing seemed cool, nice use of the touch screen. Also, linking with monsters was pretty fun. Hopefully there's a lot to get so to set up a good team.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

I felt like I was going to have a seizure from the erratic camera and flashing lights during battle. Looks stunning though.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TepidShark

The flowmotion really changes alot about traversal in Kingdom Hearts, I like it. Though the drop system (which is not in the demo) is what I am concerned about.

Also, bummer the Circle Pad Pro isn't supported in the demo, but I imagine when we play the full game (which does have Circle Pad Pro support) that will fix alot of the issues people have been having with the camera.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ashleychittock

Looks great, camera use and lock on system seems a little clunky but the flowmotion stuff is surprisingly useful and the combat is as fun as console kingdom hearts. As someone that knows nothing about this game other than what I've seen in the demo, if it has the usual Disney shtick in the game plenty then I'll definitely buy it.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Joeyoe31

It just reinforced the fact that I really want to play this game.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Deusx

I´m getting my 3DS in a couple of days. Can´t wait to try it!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre

God I want this game but seriously...just fucking make KH3. Stop dangling that treat in front of us and just give it to us already.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Dixavd

I would like to see that level in context because it definitely seemed like Sora was seriously overpowered. The KH games hae alwasy been pretty easy but it never seemed like the character was severely stronger than any of the enemies or even just compared to the end of the previous game. Since Sora points out something at the start of the level on "what is this? Must be more of Yen Sid's magic." which made me think it much be early in the game - but then look at all the abillities he has. Even just moving around he has the flowmotion as well as infinite gliding-dash.

My problem is I think they truly figured out the balance of combat in Birth By Sleep and I fear they completely ruined it for this. Hopefully it was just a bad showcasing of the game in the demo.

Overall though I'm not completely sold on getting it on launch. I found Theatrhythm's demo much better and that convinced me over KH 3D.

It looks good though although the 3D was one of the weakest implimentation of any of the retail games I have seen since the start of this year, it wasn't seriously bad but it wasn't the smoothest I have seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.