That Quickplay was awful.

• 142 results
#51 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

RAPID GLANCES HURT MY GAEMS.

#52 Posted by Spoonman671 (4566 posts) -

Hold up, man.  Let me get my canoe out of the garage before you cry me a river.

#53 Posted by AlmostSwedish (549 posts) -

The butt hurt is strong in this one.

#54 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

Giantbomb's community at its finest. A bunch of dicks and pussies creating a lot of foam and moaning over usele... wait my example is bad it's not what I meant!!

#55 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1543 posts) -

@mbr2 said:

Is this a serious thread about a game which contains spikey haired bad-anime kids and disney characters? Is this really happening?

You can basically make that argument about any game. For example:

• "Is this a serious thread about a game which contains burly dudes shooting guns at burly aliens? Is this really happening?"
  • "Is this a serious thread about a game which contains dudes hitting hookers with giant purple dildos while a dude talks in autotune?"

Claiming that the premise of a specific video game is dumb as a dig against it has never seemed like a coherent argument in an industry in which almost everything is dumb.

#56 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@Molomar:

If you weren't feeling the quick look then don't watch it. It's a free piece of entertainment that you can stop watching at any time. Stop sounding like a spoiled brat.

#57 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

How does the saying go?  Quick Looks are great until they do one of a game you like?  QLs that poorly represents the games being featured are pretty common.  It'll happen again and you'll get over it.

#58 Posted by Milkman (16542 posts) -

HEY GUYS WHAT'S A QUICK PLAY

#59 Posted by bvilleneuve (265 posts) -

@49th said:

I do agree somewhat. They tend to not give a shit in Quick Looks with games they don't give a shit about. Which makes sense. But it would be nice sometimes if they were a bit more impartial towards some things.

Impartiality isn't what I want. I come to Giant Bomb instead of the myriad other video game websites out there because I agree the most with the staff here and their approach to games. They don't like most JRPGs, I don't like most JRPGs. Thus, when they seem to be having a bad experience with a JRPG, I know there's a good chance that this isn't going to be the one that changes my mind.

A lot of Giant Bomb's mission seems to be actively turning away from the style of preview coverage that basically functioned as secondary advertising and hype-machine for upcoming games. GB is an impressions- and criticism-based website, and they can be informative in Quick Looks when it's for something they're into, but it is by no means a necessary function of the Fast Peek.

#60 Edited by ahgunsillyo (445 posts) -

@Canteu said:

@Molomar said:

It was so incredibly obvious that neither of them gave a fuck about the game and that harmed it.

Them making a video of them playing a game you like actively made the game worse? That's some impressive power they seem to have.

And it's pronounced "SlowBrowse"

Is that the plural of SlowBro?

2! 2 SlowBrowse! Ah-ah-ah!
#61 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@ahgunsillyo: SlowBrowseFist!

#62 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@ahgunsillyo said:

I want to talk about this picture. So, the pink one looks like he's elated. He looks fucking thrilled to have his tailed deep-throated by that blue, liver-spotted shell. But the blue, liver-spotted shell looks pissed. So I guess what I'm wondering is does that tail equate to a penis in the Pokemon universe? If so, is the blue, liver-spotted shell being forced to deep-throat the tail/penis?

#63 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5124 posts) -

@doobie said:

shit game though... what do you expect from a shit game. a shit quickview is obvious

It received positive reviews. People like it. So...

#64 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

This thread sucks, If you need me Im going to be watching the Persona 4 Endurance Stroll.

#65 Posted by MikkaQ (10270 posts) -

Who gives a shit? It's a quicklook. There's always another one around the corner.

#66 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@JasonR86: You know now that I think about it, neither Shellder nor Slowpoke can evolve without the other. So perhaps Slowpoke impregnates Shellder when it clamps on its tail and then they all glow white and shit and then grow stronger?

#67 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@Canteu said:

@JasonR86: You know now that I think about it, neither Shellder nor Slowpoke can evolve without the other. So perhaps Slowpoke impregnates Shellder when it clamps on its tail and then they all glow white and shit and then grow stronger?

Maybe the evolution is just a climax and the new form is the child from the orgasmic release molded into the two sex partners and turned into a new abomination. Fucking Pokemon man.

#68 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. THE GIANT BOMB NEEDS A KINGDOM HEARTS EXPERT ALONG WITH A JRPG EXPERT, ANIME EXPERT, MMORPG EXPERT.

THESE GUISE DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANY OF THAT SHIT. AN EXPERT FOR EVERY QUICKPLAY OR THIS IS JUST PATHETIC.

#69 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@JasonR86: You have made me think, and also learn.

Cross species breeding between pigs and clams must be stopped at all costs.

#70 Posted by L44 (553 posts) -

Could you make troll any more obvious?

#71 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@GrantHeaslip said:

I at least got a sense of what the game was like, but I had the feeling that if I had any knowledge of the game at all, it would probably have been infuriating to watch Brad fumble his away around it. Whenever they've talked about the game, I've gotten the impression their minds were made up about it the second it was announced.

I get that it's not their kind of game, but I'm not sure that excuses making (what appeared to be) no attempt whatsoever to understand the mechanics, acting as if their lack of knowledge of the series is somehow a knock against the game, and constantly complaining about Disney characters not being present at all times.

I say this as someone who knows fuck-all about KH, so take this all with a grain of salt. It was mostly just the sense of closed-mindedness that rubbed me the wrong way.

I could tell that their minds were already made up just by the coverage of the trailers released over the last few weeks. "Sigh... and here's another weird KH trailer... enjoy...".

#72 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

I do agree with folks in this thread that some of the quicklooks can be utter garbage and not do a game justice. Remember the Shadow of the Colossus one? *shudders* I literally got angry at them because of that shit.

#73 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Canteu said:

@JasonR86: You have made me think, and also learn.

Cross species breeding between pigs and clams must be stopped at all costs.

Man, Gamefreak puts the freak in Gamefreak.  That company clearly has an agenda.  
#74 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

quit your whining

#75 Posted by adam1808 (1391 posts) -

The QL totally fed into my biased view of Kingdom Hearts, as does any QL involving a Square game full of navel-gazing, awful voice acting and character models from the late 90's. Yes I accept that the GB crew never do those games justice, but I'm not complaining when they share my views.

#76 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Where's Giant Bomb's cute kitty expert?

#77 Posted by Korolev (1700 posts) -

HOW DARE THEY DISAGREE WITH YOU! I, sir, feel your rage. And to prevent anymore rage on your behalf, may I humbly say that I agree with everything you like, and that I think you are a very, very special person for liking all the BEST things in the world, oh yes you are! Yes you are a special person who likes everything that is good!

I am horrified that their lack of interest in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, impacted you so immensely. Any sane, rational adult immediately goes to tears over lackluster coverage of cherished video games, as I well know! Misters Shoemaker and Davis (if those are their real names) should be ashamed at inflicting such emotional trauma upon the eyes and minds of gentle viewers such as yourself!

Stay strong friend! For the day of reckoning is at hand! In which we rise up and usurp the ivory tower of video game journalism, storm its barricades and dictate every aspect of content! Down with Tyrants! Down with bad Quickplays! I say! To the battlements! For we shall win glory! And coverage that conforms to our specific individual tastes!

#78 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I like brooms in m bum

#79 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I found him! Hire this man, NOW.

#80 Posted by Dimsey (949 posts) -

I dunno. I thought it was an okay Swift Inspection.

#81 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1032 posts) -

lol. Seeing it on YouTube and then coming to the GB forums is not gonna make things better buddy.

#82 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

What I meant is that I would rather have a bum in my bun than a kingdom heart thing' right?

#83 Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Where's Giant Bomb's cute kitty expert?

That's not a cute kitty.

It's frankenkitty

#84 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11501 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Should I start a video series of Quickplays, which is just me and some other unfortunate user doing Quick Looks of obscure-ass games, only with purposefully bad quality video and shitty Russian accents?

Let's do it. You and me.

#85 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Remember, the Chinese mafia like Kingdom Hearts and the Chinese mafia isnt a joke 

Also Q Tip does not approve of this message 
#86 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

So many people forget that QLs are not made to promote games. They record them for any number of reasons that they feel like, but Giant Bomb are not fucking endorsers of anything. If you didn't like the video, so what? They can play, record, and commentate on it in any way that they want.

#87 Edited by Taku128 (795 posts) -

Did you seriously use some fuckin' YouTube LPer as part of your argument

#88 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

Did you seriously use some fuckin' YouTube LPer as part of your argument

To be completely fair, John Bain is not an LPer.

Then again, he DID use a fucking "Youtube Celebrity" as a way to explain away why a shitty game got a shitty quicklook.

#89 Posted by Vinny_Says (5691 posts) -

One day we will finally get that video where Jeff LITERALLY takes a dump on a game and it will be glorious! So much rage will emanate from....well somewhere....there's a fanboy for everything out there.

#90 Posted by Slag (4085 posts) -

@august said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Should I start a video series of Quickplays, which is just me and some other unfortunate user doing Quick Looks of obscure-ass games, only with purposefully bad quality video and shitty Russian accents?

Yes.

#91 Edited by Aegon (5419 posts) -

@Slag said:

@august said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Yes.

I should do the commentary and upload it to the internet. Anyone wanna be my co-commentator?

#92 Posted by ahgunsillyo (445 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@ahgunsillyo said:

I want to talk about this picture. So, the pink one looks like he's elated. He looks fucking thrilled to have his tailed deep-throated by that blue, liver-spotted shell. But the blue, liver-spotted shell looks pissed. So I guess what I'm wondering is does that tail equate to a penis in the Pokemon universe? If so, is the blue, liver-spotted shell being forced to deep-throat the tail/penis?

Nah. If that's the case, then the Shellder's probably just angry that it doesn't have a tail, if you know what I mean. But don't think about it too hard; you might hurt yourself. Slippery slopes and whatnot.

#93 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1396 posts) -

As a fan of the first two KH games, I was with Brad and Ryan all the way. That game, along with the many other Kingdom Hearts titles, look like rehashed garbage.

#94 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

This thread is literally everything that is great about the GB community. I love you guys. 

#95 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
@Korolev Thank you for an amazing post.
#96 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (922 posts) -

I love the Giant Bomb guys but the OP has a point and it's not just with this game. A lot of the Quick Looks are really half assed and what annoys me the most is that it's there own fault that they ether don'y know whats going on or how to play it yet they make out as if it's the games fault.

#97 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4646 posts) -

This is just a problem with Quick Looks in general; they don't really educate themselves very well unless it's an FPS. It's frustrating when it's a game you know and like a lot.

#98 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Fuck, you guys are really getting off on that QuickPlay mistake.

#99 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (922 posts) -

Yea it's funny that just because the thread is somewhat critical everyone on the site turns in to massive cunts 

#100 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4646 posts) -

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yea it's funny that just because the thread is somewhat critical everyone on the site turns in to massive cunts

Welcome to Giant Bomb. Blindly defend the GB crew or get banned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.