Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 31, 2012

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is a new entry in the Kingdom Hearts series for the 3DS.

That Quickplay was awful.

• 138 results
    Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#101  Edited By Shaunage

You're new here, I see. We know, we just don't care.

Joey_Connell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Joey_Connell

I thought it was a great "speed viewing" of the game. If they only "rapid watched" games they liked we would only get one or two " accelerated glances" a week. Just be happy there willing to voice there true opinions in there " swift observations ".

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By morningstar

@Joey_Connell said:

I thought it was a great "speed viewing" of the game. If they only "rapid watched" games they liked we would only get one or two " accelerated glances" a week. Just be happy there willing to voice there true opinions in there " swift observations ".

Come on, you can do a few more. I know you have it in you.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Alkaiser

I'm torn. On one hand, I'd say lighten up and that it isn't really that big of a deal. On the other hand, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say that I understood where you're coming from and that even though I take all these things in jest I wanted to pull my goddamn hair out during the Kirby: Return to Dreamland quick look. It was pretty much "Meh, this isn't Epic Yarn so I don't give a shit." Which is fine, everyone can have their own opinion. But, considering it was pretty much a direct sequel to one of my favorite games of all time (Kirby Super Star) and it's something thats become a staple sidegame of our Saturday fighting game league to set up a tv and 4 wii remotes and have random people shotgun their way through the game and pass from person to person when their match is up, it was a bit irritating that they pretty much blew it off because they knew jack about anything. Even though all you have to do is hit pause and tap right for a movelist and a brief summary of what you can do.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Mcfart

Yes the staff are opinionated, and yes the staff miss obvious stuff all the time. This is nothing new. However, they started the QL with the preconcieved notion of disliking Kingdom Hearts, yet they gave it a chance. I doubt the GB crew started the P4 Quick Look knowing that it was such an awesome JRPG, yet they realized that and did the ER. So despite them having preconceived notions about games sometimes, they allow them to change if the game warrents it.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By Hunter5024

@Dagbiker said:

This thread sucks, If you need me Im going to be watching the Persona 4 Endurance Stroll.

4 pages in and someone finally justified my reading of this thread. I tip my hat to you Dagbiker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Notice how the thread creator never replied and spelled Quicklook wrong.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If any game has been beaten to death its the KingdomHearts game. They have so many games and the story more or less stops after Kingdomhearts 2. And who cares if the game looked crap on the QUICKLOOK? They said at the end these games are for Kingdom Heats fans. 

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By EvilKatarn

@Joey_Connell: I now need to create a gaming site which mainly provides Accel SIghtings of new and old video games. Thanks.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By envane

its a lets quick .. fucking get it right

2xtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#111  Edited By 2xtreme

@Video_Game_King: Yes.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112  Edited By lethalki11ler

I love everything Kingdom Hearts (got all of them and bought platforms specifically for the series and own posters and all the shabang) BUT can accept that they dislike the series. There are some games i dislike that others love, all a matter of opinions, it's a free country.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113  Edited By clumsyninja1

Yes, those "quickplays" are pretty bad. i thought it was quicklook...

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jimmyfenix

is this the extended play guy ?

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Deusx

I played the game and it is fantastic. The story is retarded but the combat and overall mechanics work great, Brad and Ryan are just too fucking old. I do think that Quicklook was fucking HORRIBLE.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116  Edited By The_Nubster

It amazes me that people still think the dude's opinions of games is going to help or harm the game in the long run.

1. They readily admitted, almost as soon as the QL began, that they had not played much KH since the original, had no idea what the story was, and felt that the game was being made for an audience entirely separated from their preferred style of game. Therefore, you know the instant the Quick Look began that the two people involved in its recording weren't KH buffs, and you could adjust your expectations as such.

2. You make it sound like Brad took a super-massive steaming pile of shit and shoved it down the game's throat, and then Ryan pissed on it afterwards. No, they both agreed that the combat and movement mechanics were interesting and sound, and that crafting little dudes was fun. Brad even devolved into using his puppy voice, which is always a good sign. Their main issue was with their own lack of knowledge about the series, which, again, they brought up at the start of the QL.

3. It's a video of a game. Remove their commentary and you have a fairly good idea of how the game plays. You run around areas doing objectives and fighting a lot of monsters, you can craft little party members, there are cutscenes, there's a dual-storyline mechanic. I really enjoy the KH games (though I agree that the storytelling can be painful at times), and their ignorance didn't hurt my opinion of the game. The fact that they addressed their lack of knowledge at the fore-front means that anyone who hasn't decided whether they want the game can safely ignore any nay-saying they do in regards to the story and lore of KH.

Fuck, seriously. I'm sick of people thinking that a QL is the be-all-end-all of fucking video game information.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Cloudenvy

@jimmyfenix said:

is this the extended play guy ?

This would make a ton of sense.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By NegativeCero

Yes, those damn Brisk Peeps always affect me to make to the point of making a topic to complain about them. I'm sure you can find a dude on Youtube that is playing this and enjoying themselves.

Thumbrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Thumbrunner

Dude has one post here, and hasn't responded to any of this. So no shits given on his opinion of a "Speedy Glance".

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By toowalrus
    @htr10 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

"Look"

Crap, where? What is it? Everybody get down!

Is it that over there? ...I'm gonna stop lookin' soon.
    Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By Dylabaloo

The best quicklooks consist of one person who has done their research, grasps the games mechanics and another person who has no idea what's going on. When no one knows it's just horrible to watch.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#122  Edited By Undeadpool

@doobie said:

shit game though... what do you expect from a shit game. a shit quickview is obvious

It's true, you can't get blood from a stone, you can't make cheese out of milk, and you can't make a bad game's quickcheck look good.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By buft

@killacam said:

man, that quickpeek was off the chain!

quick peek should be the name

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Milkman

@Deusx said:

I played the game and it is fantastic. The story is retarded but the combat and overall mechanics work great, Brad and Ryan are just too fucking old. I do think that Quicklook was fucking HORRIBLE.

I'm not sure what they could have possibly done differently. Brad fought a whole bunch of dudes, he made one of those pet things, showed a boss fight and watched a cutscene that seemed terrible.

Just because they didn't like a game that you happen to like doesn't make the Quick Look "fucking HORRIBLE."

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Ravenlight

@Video_Game_King said:

Should I start a video series of Quickplays, which is just me and some other unfortunate user doing Quick Looks of obscure-ass games, only with purposefully bad quality video and shitty Russian accents?

Da, Comrade!

Bonus points if the "other unfortunate user" is also you doing a different but equally bad accent.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Deusx

It´s not the fact that I like it the thing that makes it FUCKING HORRIBLE. Its when they are so biased towards a game from the get go that makes it FUCKING HORRIBLE. They shouldn´t even make a quicklook if thats how you approach the game. That is bad journalism. Leave subjectivism for reviews.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#127  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Ravenlight:

The problem is figuring out what type of game would be appropriate for such a feature....and how to do a Russian accent, because I'm not sure I can do one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

You and Sonic The Hedgehog should go hang out.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Ravenlight

@Video_Game_King:

1. Pick a genre that you have little to no interest in, so people can tell you care deeply about the subject matter.
    2. Even better. As long as you don't break character and keep the awful accent combo rolling.
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#130  Edited By TheMasterDS

I thought it was quite informative actually. Also, as it was the first time a Kingdom Hearts has gotten a Quicklook it was the first time Kingdom Hearts felt like a real series. Games don't feel real to me anymore unless they're Quick Looked. Also it didn't look very good at all. So that's cool.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#132  Edited By Julmust

Most quick plays these days are.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By phrali

dream drop distance what does that mean seriously WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#134  Edited By Humanity

@GrantHeaslip said:

Some of the straw man arguments in this thread are downright embarrassing. The OP didn't say "I think this game is the second coming of Jesus, so how dare someone not!", yet many of the responses seem to be written with that premise in mind. What he did say was essentially "I don't think this is the best game ever, but the guys clearly didn't give a shit about giving it a fair shake and made inaccurate statements and implications." He wasn't expecting them to do a glowing PR piece on it, he just wanted them to understand the basic mechanics and not hold stupid things against it.

By all means, you're free to disagree with him, but mischaracterizing his argument is a dick move (regardless of whether he's a new poster or called it a "Quickplay").

Again, I've never played a KH game, and don't really care to. This isn't about me defending my favourite game, it's about not committing the most basic of logical fallacies.

It's uplifting to read posts such as these before they get drowned out by hyperbole.

Most people on the site don't care about 3DS titles, much less Kingdom Hearts so it's ok - that QuickLook was fine, the poster is a whiner/idiot/baby.

No one in the office really likes Japanese stuff so what will you do. I don't like it either so I can't really judge - the last Japanese RPG I played was Final Fantasy 13 and I liked it so I must not be a "real fan" of the genre.

Avatar image for irish_giant_bomber
    Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a great instantaneous surveillance.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Willtron said:

I'd hope that Kingdom Hearts characters would be in a Kingdom Hearts game.

Nah with square they must be in a different game, just to keep things nice and confusing. Cant have KH characters in a KH game Nope.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ch3burashka

While I don't give a shit about Kingdom Hearts, their lack of attention to detail, or even basic mechanics for that matter, is truly an epidemic. Too many give them a pass because "it's an impromptu glance at a game!" That doesn't mean they shouldn't prep for it.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#138  Edited By Brendan

I really wish I could remember that list of quick look alternative names I once typed out right now....

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#139  Edited By TheHT

@killacam said:

man, that quickpeek was off the chain!

Giant Bomb is known for their Speedy Ganders.

TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By TwoArmed

Just go into every quicklook assuming they have no idea what they're talking about regarding mechanics, etc., and you'll be fine.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#141  Edited By bacongames

How did I know this would be a 1 post user?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Landon: Who gives a shit?Obviously someone does,orelse they wouldn't beposting this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.