Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

A PSP RPG from Square Enix in the Kingdom Hearts series that takes place roughly ten years prior to the original Kingdom Hearts, following Ventus, Aqua and Terra in their search for Master Xehanort...

Is Anyone Else Going to Play This Like I Am?

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Thunderstarter

What I mean is, is anybody going to "story-hop"? 

I want to know exactly what's going on, when it's happening, and who's involved. So, I'm going to play all of the stories in chronological manner. Once I beat a world with Terra, I'll move on to Aqua and beat a world with her, then go to Ventus and finish a world and restart the cycle. This is so I know what each character is doing at each point of the story, I don't want be left guessing or, worse, confused.

I'm sure others are going to do this, but could you kindly tell me if you are. Or, if you aren't, what you ARE going to do and why?

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TepidShark

Don't know, I thought about that. I will probably stick with one character for a while, and if it gets boring switch to someone else. The problem (as I see it) with doing it the way you propose is it seems like it would get too confusing especially since the first Disney world each of the characters visit is different. I find I can keep track of time lines pretty well if I go through one at a time like I did in Sonic Adventure or Chain of Memories.

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thunderstarter
    @TepidShark said:

" Don't know, I thought about that. I will probably stick with one character for a while, and if it gets boring switch to someone else. The problem (as I see it) with doing it the way you propose is it seems like it would get too confusing especially since the first Disney world each of the characters visit is different. I find I can keep track of time lines pretty well if I go through one at a time like I did in Sonic Adventure or Chain of Memories. "

That's why I want to split it up by worlds. As long as I keep switching at regular (consistent)intervals, I'll be able to keep up.  If I get so excited about one story and finish it without doing my other duties in the other stories, then I would get confused. I can keep up with multiple crossing storylines, so I think I'll personally be O.K.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Andorski

Terra?  Aqua?  Ventus?  Who the fuck are these people?

I miss the days when it was just Sora, Riku, and Kairi with a bunch of Disney characters and a few FF characters (which they could cut out and I wouldn't mind).

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

Valkyrie Chronicles 2 for me

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By aurahack

This is how I'll play it: I won't.

Kingdom Hearts is an awful excuse for a story-driven Action RPG.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By jacksukeru
    @aurahack: Why do you have to come into this thread and hate?
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @RockmanBionics:
    Because Kingdom Hearts 1 is and will always be one of the greatest PS2 games, and this dude hates it for that.
    Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thunderstarter
    @xaLieNxGrEyx:
     Don't forget that Kingdom Hearts as a whole is and always will be one of the best franchises of all time.
    @Andorski:
    That was...um...just the first game. Plus, since this is a prequel, by definition it wouldn't make sense to have those three in the game as the main characters.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpiralStairs

I have absolutely no interest in playing Kingdom Hearts, any of them.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By aurahack
    @xaLieNxGrEyx: I wish I could share your enthusiasm for it. I really do.
    Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
    raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

Why would someone who doesn't have the slightest interest in Kingdom Hearts click on a KH related thread made for people that are going to play BBS? And then why would they proceed to leave a comment about how they're not going to play it? You guys are fucking stupid.

ANYWAY, I believe Nomura said himself that the best order for understanding everything is Terra - Ventus - Aqua, and I've heard that's the order they leave their home world and visit other worlds, but I'm not certain. So you would want to beat a world as Terra, then Ventus, then Aqua. I, personally, am not too fond of the idea of constantly switching between the three stories. I think I'm just going to do each story one at a time. That being said, I've decided that I'm going to do Ventus first, then Terra, then Aqua. Mainly because I want to do them in the order recommended by Nomura, but, I'm way more interested in Ven's story, so I'm doing him first.

Also, a heads up, I've heard that Aqua's story has "tremendous" spoilers for Ven's story, so it's probably better to play as Ven before Aqua.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By JJOR64

Getting this day one.          :)

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thunderstarter
    @RaccoonusDoodus said:
    " Why would someone who doesn't have the slightest interest in Kingdom Hearts click on a KH related thread made for people that are going to play BBS? And then why would they proceed to leave a comment about how they're not going to play it? You guys are fucking stupid. ANYWAY, I believe Nomura said himself that the best order for understanding everything is Terra - Ventus - Aqua, and I've heard that's the order they leave their home world and visit other worlds, but I'm not certain. So you would want to beat a world as Terra, then Ventus, then Aqua. I, personally, am not too fond of the idea of constantly switching between the three stories. I think I'm just going to do each story one at a time. That being said, I've decided that I'm going to do Ventus first, then Terra, then Aqua. Mainly because I want to do them in the order recommended by Nomura, but, I'm way more interested in Ven's story, so I'm doing him first.  Also, a heads up, I've heard that Aqua's story has "tremendous" spoilers for Ven's story, so it's probably better to play as Ven before Aqua. "
    I think I'm going to do it that way now. Simply because I read/watched a few reviews, and if you play through one story at a time you get a more cryptic and biased experience based on your character. I've never played a game like that, and apparently your ideas change a lot throughout.  

And I can't wait for next Wednesday...
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Animasta
    @xaLieNxGrEyx said:
    " @RockmanBionics: Because Kingdom Hearts 1 is and will always be one of the greatest PS2 games, and this dude hates it for that. "
    kingdom hearts 1 was great; but the story became way too complex and shit for it's own good. It's why they only do 1-2 direct final fantasies based on the same universe I suppose
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#16  Edited By AgentJ
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Valkyrie Chronicles 2 for me "
    This
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @Laketown:
    Heartless destroy sora's island, malificent brain washes riku. Sora's key must lock the worlds to stop the heartless, and ansem's research consumed him and no he want's to take over the world. Don't know how it's that hard.  

Admitidly it becomes more with KH2, but that's it in a nutshell for KH1.
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By papercut

For a second I thought you meant you were going to play the games in the SERIES in chronological order. Like BBS, 1, CoM, 358/2, then 2.  Then I'd say Boy you CRazy! 

Yeah I'm gonna do that. Did the same thing in Trauma Team.

Avatar image for elitebeatagentgo
    EliteBeatAgentGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EliteBeatAgentGo

I'm playing through Terra's story first because his character is awesome :P 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.