Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

A PSP RPG from Square Enix in the Kingdom Hearts series that takes place roughly ten years prior to the original Kingdom Hearts, following Ventus, Aqua and Terra in their search for Master Xehanort...

Should I bother finishing 358/2 Days before starting this?

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Kyle

I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts but I just kinda got bored of 358/2 Days after awhile. If there's any kind of story connection, I'll go finish it, but is it necessary?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696
    @Kyle: Wow, surprised no one answered this. Anyways, there is a story connection, but it's one of those prequel story connections. If you're going to play in order of story then it would go Birth by Sleep then 358/2 Days. 
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GunslingerPanda

358/2 is terrible, whereas BBS is the best of the series, so just skip 358/2.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    " 358/2 is terrible, whereas BBS is the best of the series, so just skip 358/2. "
    I enjoyed 358/2 Days, actually.  What did you find so terrible about it?
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @Hailinel said:
    " @GunslingerPanda said:
    " 358/2 is terrible, whereas BBS is the best of the series, so just skip 358/2. "
    I enjoyed 358/2 Days, actually.  What did you find so terrible about it? "
    Gameplay was bad, story and characters were uninteresting. Xion was completely pointless and Roxas is, well, Roxas.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @GunslingerPanda said:
    Gameplay was bad, story and characters were uninteresting. Xion was completely pointless and Roxas is, well, Roxas. "
    That's not particularly informative.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269
    @GunslingerPanda
    @Hailinel said:
    " @GunslingerPanda said:
    Gameplay was bad, story and characters were uninteresting. Xion was completely pointless and Roxas is, well, Roxas.
    Ya the story felt like it was going nowhere. I just got turned off from it.

You dont have to worry about missing that game, you'll be fine going straight into Birth by Sleep.......I should get back to finishing that game.
    kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By kuwabaratheman

There aren't any story connections between the two games, especially seeing as they're separated by more than 10 years. You'll be completely fine just going straight into Birth by Sleep.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By IBurningStar

I have no interest in ever playing 358/2 Days, but I really want to know what the fuck that title means. Is it just random SE bullshit or does it refer to something and is in fact relevant to the story? I gave up on the series after KH2, and don't want to play though a game called 358/2 Days just to find out what 358/2 is. Oh, and please mark your answer with a spoiler tag. Just in case.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Demyx
    @IBurningStar said:

" I have no interest in ever playing 358/2 Days, but I really want to know what the fuck that title means. Is it just random SE bullshit or does it refer to something and is in fact relevant to the story? I gave up on the series after KH2, and don't want to play though a game called 358/2 Days just to find out what 358/2 is. Oh, and please mark your answer with a spoiler tag. Just in case. "

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37287/t1431426-358-2-days-meaning-possible-spoilers/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.