Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 14, 2013

A PlayStation 3 HD compilation of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. Though not playable, remastered HD cutscenes and new scenes from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days are viewable.

Dat Camera...

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am up to Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts HD, I have been on the fence about this game, but it feels like I am being continually placed in situations where the camera is even less capable of putting up with the demands that the game is throwing at me. I have kept the camera control options on default because I assumed that would be the most recommend method of play. I feel like the story and settings for Kingdom Hearts are right up my alley, but I am finding it harder to put up with these pronounced issues that seem just as wonky from the ps2 version. I had really hoped that they would take steps to correct it.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I've never had issues with the camera in Kingdom Hearts, just use your lock on wisely.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

The camera is difficult to get a handle on at first, but you eventually just get used to it's occasional jankiness.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Mermaid level really displays how inadequate the camera is. You really need to rely on constantly adjusting your lock-on in order to get a view of what's happening. Good news is that the Mermaid level is where the camera is at its worst. Just try to push through that part of the game.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

amen, amen

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, when I picked this up, my first thought was, "I don't remember the camera being this jerky"

I got it down eventually, though it still did mess me up a bit during some of the harder battles.

I think it stopped bugging me before I got to Atlantica though.

:(

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Didn't this one put in the same analog controls that Kingdom Hearts 2 had? I thought that was a thing?

I remember being kind of disappointed by that because I used to be able to run around dodging attacks while flipping through the menu. I believe KH2 let you hold L2 and use the right analog stick for menu-flipping, though.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Man, this thread's making me curious. When did right analog camera control become standard in games? For the longest time, it was the two shoulder buttons.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, this thread's making me curious. When did right analog camera control become standard in games? For the longest time, it was the two shoulder buttons.

Don't know when the trend started, but it was way before KH1. Even when KH1 was released were people complaining about how bad the camera was.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeadpanCakes

I remember being kind of disappointed by that because I used to be able to run around dodging attacks while flipping through the menu.

Oh man, I forgot how weird I hold Dualshock controllers, for a second there. I hold it so that my middle and ring fingers press the triggers. My index fingers presses triangle and square, and sometimes switches with my thumb to control the analog stick for my thumbs to press X and circle (and sometimes square if I'm pressing it rapidly for dodging or reloading). Same goes for the other side except my index fingers press the up and right on the d-pad, and switch when I need to press down or left. So dodging while moving the camera and menu wasn't really much of an issue for me.

...I guess my weird dexterous controller hands are what got me accustomed to the camera

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Looks like there is a mystery to solve. TO THE MYSTERY MACHINE.

No Caption Provided

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258 said:

I remember being kind of disappointed by that because I used to be able to run around dodging attacks while flipping through the menu.

Oh man, I forgot how weird I hold Dualshock controllers, for a second there. I hold it so that my middle and ring fingers press the triggers. My index fingers presses triangle and square, and sometimes switches with my thumb to control the analog stick for my thumbs to press X and circle (and sometimes square if I'm pressing it rapidly for dodging or reloading). Same goes for the other side except my index fingers press the up and right on the d-pad, and switch when I need to press down or left. So dodging while moving the camera and menu wasn't really much of an issue for me.

...I guess my weird dexterous controller hands are what got me accustomed to the camera

Are you a fucking alien?

@video_game_king said:

Looks like there is a mystery to solve. TO THE MYSTERY MACHINE.

No Caption Provided

The first game I remember that put full camera control on the right analog stick was Spyro the Dragon. Something probably came before it, but that's what I remember.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpancakes said:
    @believer258 said:

Are you a fucking alien?

This question needs an answer.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45 said:

@believer258 said:

@deadpancakes said:
    @believer258 said:

Are you a fucking alien?

I'm sorry I'm sorry, I was away from my computer.

No, I am not an alien... as far as I'm aware...but it would explain a lot.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kingdom Hearts has camera has always been wonky you gotta learn how to be able to switch between the lock-on cam and the regular one. Kinda remember the cam being bout the same in birth by sleep and KH 3DS.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As others have said, try out the manual control camera for a bit and see if this helps. In general I find that control of the camera to help dodging is more useful than being able to quickly use the command menu in the original Kingdom Hearts. I will say, however, that future titles have a much more consistent camera which moves relative to walls better (though it is still an issue that plagues the default controls of both playable games in KH HD 1.5 ReMIX).

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45 said:

@believer258 said:

@deadpancakes said:
    @believer258 said:

Are you a fucking alien?

I'm sorry I'm sorry, I was away from my computer.

No, I am not an alien... as far as I'm aware...but it would explain a lot.

I think I hold controllers this same way. Which may be why I prefer the dualshock 3 to the 360 controller: its smaller size allows me to bend my fingers around it better. I think I learned to do that when playing Assassin's Creed games: I have my right index finger constantly on X to run, my thumbs on the analog sticks to move and control the camera, my left index finger on the directional buttons to quickly switch equipment, and my last two on the R/L 1 and 2 buttons (with my right ring finger able to switch up to press triangle/Square/O if it needs to while I'm free-running). This means I can be free-running, ready to fight and control the camera all at the same time. Though I never found the need to do so in a Kingdom Hearts game (though I might do it instinctively now without noticing, I don't know).

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i'll try these other options and methods to see if it improves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.