Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Jump Festa Trailer

#1 Edited by TepidShark (1060 posts) -

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. In the meantime a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix from this year's Jump Festa is out:

(English subtitles by clicking "CC" then English):

I watched this trailer via an HDTV, & I thought it looked really amazing. So if the trailers have not made the HD remastering look that good, might I suggest that you try that. (I know that the collection didn't look that great to me quality wise while watching it on a computer, but watching it on a HDTV definitely changed my mind about the quality of the graphics.)

#2 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1263 posts) -

Looks like they fixed the aspect ratio and put a DS game on the PS3. I think it's unlikely that this will come to the U.S. since none of the other remixes have come state side.

#3 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4826 posts) -

More excited than I should be.

#4 Posted by golguin (3964 posts) -

That is an insane package. I have Chain of Memories and 358/2 days on handhelds and the remastered versions look crazy. It also looks like 358/2 days has a lot of new CG sequences.

#5 Posted by Fredddi43 (339 posts) -

If this won't make US, I'll just read the subs online and play it in Japanese. I want this so badly.

#6 Posted by Epidehl (305 posts) -

I've played KH1 and Re:CoM in Japanese before and will do it again if I have to!

#7 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

@The_Hiro_Abides said:

Looks like they fixed the aspect ratio and put a DS game on the PS3. I think it's unlikely that this will come to the U.S. since none of the other remixes have come state side.

@golguin said:

That is an insane package. I have Chain of Memories and 358/2 days on handhelds and the remastered versions look crazy. It also looks like 358/2 days has a lot of new CG sequences.

Just to be clear the collection doesn't include 358/2 Days as a game but as remastered cutscenes from it, whether or not there are any new scenes in there to tie it better together I don't know.

#8 Posted by Zeik (2536 posts) -

@The_Hiro_Abides: The main reason they didn't come stateside is because we already got a prior version, not because they inherently have something against giving us FM versions. (Although it may seem like that sometimes.)

An HD release is effectively the same as a new release. The potential audience is the same as any other HD release. (If not more, given the extra content.) There isn't any logical reason not to bring it over.

...Granted this is SE, so there's certainly room for stupid decisions.

#9 Posted by papercut (3502 posts) -

I've played every KH game minus the 3D one up to this point and to be honest I just want 3 to happen so I can know if I actually still like these games.

That being said...that trailer made me a little gitty

#10 Posted by Petiew (1353 posts) -

Oh man, Wakamoto is Xemnas? I've always played them in English so I didn't realise. 
This looks quite nice actually. Though 358/2 Days only being a theatre mode isn't ideal. It's been a while since I played, and I never finished, how was the gameplay in it?

#11 Posted by Hunter5024 (5805 posts) -

I can't believe this game is dated and FFX HD isn't even out yet.

#12 Posted by avengedxsniper (130 posts) -

So is two not even on it?

#13 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

I hope this comes out state side. I've played most of the handheld KH games but never got a chance to play 1 or 2 for the PS2.

#14 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3558 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the Assassins Creed 3 of the eastern shores. Just kill off Riku already and give us our game!

#15 Posted by Hunter5024 (5805 posts) -

@avengedxsniper said:

So is two not even on it?

It's got 1, the ps2 version of Chain of Memories, and some of the "important" (ha) scenes from 358/2 days. I imagine they limited it to these 2 games so that they could do another release somewhere down the line, which comes with 2, and Birth by Sleep.

#16 Posted by Soap (3607 posts) -

Not having 2 on this is such a big fuck up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.