Kingdom Hearts HD Collection is now officially coming West!

#1 Edited by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

Following Jesse McCartney leaking that he was doing new voicework for Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix and the Playstation Blog in North America and Europe have confirmed that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix is coming to North America and Europe in Fall of this year.

Aside from the fact that this is some of the best Kingdom Hearts games in HD, this collection is actually a fairly big deal now that it is coming to the west because of the games it contains:

As you can tell I am very excited now that this is coming our way. Can't wait.

#2 Edited by Coafi (1488 posts) -

I wish they added the PSP game in this collection, also that box art is hideous!

#3 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

Sweet! Wish it would come out sooner though. Coming out around the same time as the PS4 is kind of a bummer, but I'm glad we'll be able to get it here in the US!

#4 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2298 posts) -

This is great news but I still think it's bullshit that Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't in here.

#5 Edited by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Yay! Great News!

#6 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

@coafi: I am happy with the games we are getting but I do hope we get an HD version of Birth by Sleep someday. In my opinion, that is the best Kingdom Hearts game.

#7 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (370 posts) -

I'm super pumped for this but I am wondering why there isn't a KH2 in this...

#8 Edited by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

Update: here is how the localization will work for the European Version:

• Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: Voiceovers in English, French and German, while subtitles and text will be in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
  • Re: Chain and 358/2 Days: Voiceovers in English only, while subtitles and text will be in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
#9 Posted by Petiew (1348 posts) -

There's no KH2 because they're probably going to bring out a 2.5 collection with KH2, Birth By Sleep and cutscenes from KH3D.

#10 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I find it funny that this was announced after the Final Fantasy X remastering and will (presumably) be releasing before it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.