Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 Remix

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 02, 2014

Announced at D23 Expo Japan, this is a follow up to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix. This collection contains Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and HD cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 E3 Trailer (Out Dec. 2nd)

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Square Enix released the E3 trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix just a little bit ago. Among the bits of info was the announcement that it would be out in North America Dec 2nd (Europe on Dec. 5th). Here is the trailer (and stay tuned after the trailer for a special bonus.):

This trailer showcases some of the new features in the Final Mix versions of 2 & Birth by Sleep and confirms that the new scenes added to 2 Final Mix will be voiced in English.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

These games are so goddamn stupid.

And they're also so goddamn great.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

MUST. HAVE. NOW.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Aegon

@koolaid: Honestly, the first one was a pretty enjoyable experience from both a story and gameplay perspective (it had plenty of faults, but still enjoyable). It was from the GBA game onwards where it began its ouroboros convolutedness. I still was super excited to play KH2 and it was only after the fact that, when I reflected on it a while later, I realized that it was the weaker game of the two.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@koolaid said:

Yep! These games are kinda bad all-around and I'll stand by that, but there's something charming about the fucking nuttiness of the whole thing that occasionally makes me want to jump back in. I actually put KH2 in my PS2 a few days ago and played it for an hour or two, mostly because I just wanted to mash X to nonsensical anime combat.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@koolaid said:

That is my current position regarding Kingdom Hearts.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Going by that teaser, KH3 will be every bit as nonsensical and stupid as the last six games. I can't wait to see the full trailer.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

FINALLY. Release is a bit later than I expected, but it's nice to finally have a date.

@koolaid said:

Yep.

Edit: I wonder if Birth By Sleep on the PS3 will suffer from massive-HUD-syndrome the same way most PSP games (because of the original smaller screen and all).

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

KH2 is my favorite Kingdom Hearts game so I'm happy I get to play that in HD. I also never got to play BBS so awesome.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Update: if you are one of the people that like your JRPGs only in the original Japanese, 2.5 will be available in Japan on October 2nd.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Recently played through Kingdom Hearts 1 through the 1.5 HD collection and had a blast. Still have to play through the second game in that collection and see the rest it as to offer but excited for this.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@aegon said:

Honestly, the first one was a pretty enjoyable experience from both a story and gameplay perspective (it had plenty of faults, but still enjoyable). It was from the GBA game onwards where it began its ouroboros convolutedness. I still was super excited to play KH2 and it was only after the fact that, when I reflected on it a while later, I realized that it was the weaker game of the two.

Indeed! The simplicity of the first game's story made it a lot more emotionally effective. I think all of this Nobody Organization XIII nonsense has really brought unnecessary complications, and it ended up completely absorbing the story in just about every game that followed. I'd love for the fiction to get away from that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.