Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 22, 2005

The third installment in the Kingdom Hearts franchise following after Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, known for its successful combination of Disney and Final Fantasy franchises into a believable plot.

Replaying Kingdom Hearts: Day one. What was I thinking!?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

So, I booted up the game using the backwards compatibility of my PS3 and from there was told that I had no memory cards inserted. Checked the settings on the PS3, got it fixed, then was treated to a very depressing title screen. After starting a new game, I was sitting there, mindlessly staring at the opening song, wondering "Did I really like this?" After that got control of Roxas, in search for the word "-----". What The Fuck. Seriously, and it ended up being pictures-no drugs involved- sadly. Fought this one dude that was a little "off today" and got the key for about four damn seconds. Killed the nobody, got the pics, and that was the end of day one. What did I do that was appealing? Learn to talk, lock on and kill me "x" button to attack. Hopefully things will speed up, but for now, I will make fun of it.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By azteris

You sound like you've played it before. Do you not remember the slow beginning?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I do but I don't remember being THIS slow.

And DUH I have played it before way to read the title.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Axersia

Hang in there -- only 3 more hours to go and you're off to the fun part. :P

And I agree the title screen is quite depressing.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Nothing more depressing then sucking a popsicle.

Mandaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mandaray

I sold my copy of KH1 some years ago, and I often wonder if I should get it again and replay it now that KH2 is a lot cheaper...somehow I never got around to buying that and I'd like to play it. But I also missed a crapload of extra stuff in KH1 so I constantly think I should redo it to try and get some of that first.

Reading this makes me remember what a difficult chore playing KH1 actually was, though, so maybe I should just buy KH2 and forget about KH1 altogether.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By azteris
    Mandaray said:
    "I sold my copy of KH1 some years ago, and I often wonder if I should get it again and replay it now that KH2 is a lot cheaper...somehow I never got around to buying that and I'd like to play it. But I also missed a crapload of extra stuff in KH1 so I constantly think I should redo it to try and get some of that first.

Reading this makes me remember what a difficult chore playing KH1 actually was, though, so maybe I should just buy KH2 and forget about KH1 altogether.
    "
    I don't think you're going to enjoy KH2 if you found KH1 to be a chore. They're not radically different (I love both of them).
    Mandaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mandaray
    Azteris said:
    "Mandaray said:
    "I sold my copy of KH1 some years ago, and I often wonder if I should get it again and replay it now that KH2 is a lot cheaper...somehow I never got around to buying that and I'd like to play it. But I also missed a crapload of extra stuff in KH1 so I constantly think I should redo it to try and get some of that first.

"
    I don't think you're going to enjoy KH2 if you found KH1 to be a chore. They're not radically different (I love both of them).
    "
    You're probably right. Originally I wanted to play KH2 because it had Sir Auron in it (I'm a big FFX fan) but I always seem to find another game to buy when I contemplate shelling out $20 for KH2...
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Which dimension do you live where KH2 is $20? I see a ton of $10 copies just sitting on the shelf everywhere I go.

And yeah, the beginning of that game is slooooow and boring. And then you get to be treated with melodramatic J-RPG story bullcrap and button mashy combat for the rest of the game. Which to me is the perfect example of why I don't like Kingdom Hearts.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By azteris
    ArbitraryWater said:
    "Which dimension do you live where KH2 is $20? I see a ton of $10 copies just sitting on the shelf everywhere I go.

And yeah, the beginning of that game is slooooow and boring. And then you get to be treated with melodramatic J-RPG story bullcrap and button mashy combat for the rest of the game. Which to me is the perfect example of why I don't like Kingdom Hearts.
    "

Give me a recent example of a game that in no way could be considered "button mashy" and that had a story that wasn't full of "melodramatic" "bullshit".
    singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By singular

My nephew always tells me how great this game is. He's probably referring to the cameos.

Mandaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mandaray
    ArbitraryWater said:
    "Which dimension do you live where KH2 is $20? I see a ton of $10 copies just sitting on the shelf everywhere I go."
    I have no idea, but it seems everywhere I go I can never find the damn thing for under $20. If I can find it at all. Which is usually why I go buy something different every time I finally tell myself "OK this is day I buy KH2."
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    SinGulaR said:
    "My nephew always tells me how great this game is. He's probably referring to the cameos."
    Depending on the age of your nephew, he probably is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.