Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

The third sequentially numbered title in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Kingdom Hearts 3.

dirtymangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So what do you guys think, will we see more gameplay of KH3 on this years E3? What Disney movies do you wish to see in the new game? Are all onboard the hype train?!?!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So what do you guys think, will we see more gameplay of KH3 on this years E3? What Disney movies do you wish to see in the new game? Are all onboard the hype train?!?!

Square Enix has already stated that Kingdom Hearts III will not be at E3 this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Square-Enix has already said that they aren't showing anything for Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts III at this year's show. And I'd say it's too soon for us to see anything from KH anyways. They still have to get Final Fantasy out the door before Nomura's team can focus on anything else. Hell, right after last year's E3 Nomura said that the game shouldn't have been announced because it was so early on in development. So we definitely won't see gameplay this year, and probably the next two-three years as well.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They are probably saving the new footage for the 2.5 release later this year. I wouldn't be shocked if stuff starts leaking out in and around October when the Japanese version comes out. I honestly don't know how to feel about Kingdom Hearts III, 10 years for a main episode game is quite a long time. I just really want to see some development in the storytelling, the fan base of KH has aged 10 years and I'm hoping they main character do as well. I'm sure it's not going to be quite a decade but fuck it man it's not like Haley Joel Osmond is spooking up ghosts anymore with Bruce.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

They are probably saving the new footage for the 2.5 release later this year. I wouldn't be shocked if stuff starts leaking out in and around October when the Japanese version comes out. I honestly don't know how to feel about Kingdom Hearts III, 10 years for a main episode game is quite a long time. I just really want to see some development in the storytelling, the fan base of KH has aged 10 years and I'm hoping they main character do as well. I'm sure it's not going to be quite a decade but fuck it man it's not like Haley Joel Osmond is spooking up ghosts anymore with Bruce.

...and now I'm wondering, would it be cool or lame if Bruce Willis voiced someone that only Sora could see in Kingdom Hearts 3?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@believer258 said:

@i_stay_puft said:

...and now I'm wondering, would it be cool or lame if Bruce Willis voiced someone that only Sora could see in Kingdom Hearts 3?

That could actually technically happen if disney so chooses. Bruce Willis starred in 2000 american comedy "The Kid" which so happened to be a Disney film.

Life finds a way.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is my problem with KH3. I was a huge fan of the series...when I was 13. I revisited KH2 a year ago and while the gameplay still holds up I just can't deal with the story anymore. Unless there is a major tonal shift in KH3 I just can't see myself being able to play through it even if it has great gameplay.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella said:

@i_stay_puft said:

That is my problem with KH3. I was a huge fan of the series...when I was 13. I revisited KH2 a year ago and while the gameplay still holds up I just can't deal with the story anymore. Unless there is a major tonal shift in KH3 I just can't see myself being able to play through it even if it has great gameplay.

I started in the series with KH2 in my mid-twenties. You don't need to be a kid to enjoy these games.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zella

@hailinel said:

@zella said:

@i_stay_puft said:

I started in the series with KH2 in my mid-twenties. You don't need to be a kid to enjoy these games.

True although the series was certainly targeted towards a younger demographic when it came out in NA. I mean the game focuses around going to different Disney stories, which are specifically made for kids. The main story is certainly much more of a typical JRPG/Anime kind of deal which has a wider demographic but still. Not saying that an adult can't enjoy the games but that after 10 years later my taste, and likely many other's, have changed. I just can't see myself being able to enjoy the story of 3 if it is similar to that of 1 and 2.

I totally get that there are people who are into that style of stuff, of any age group, but I am just saying that for me I grew out of it years ago. It is all just personal taste but I wouldn't be surprised if there are others who are in the same situation as me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@hailinel said:

@zella said:

@i_stay_puft said:

10 years no matter what age is a long time. I'm betting you're probably a different person from the person you were in your mid-twenties. I feel like with a time gap like that the characters should too. I'd honestly feel pretty disappointed if it isn't reflected in the storyline and they just play it off as a few months after Dream Drop Distance.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@zella: The story has kinda gotten convoluted to the point of after I finish a KH game I try to scrub it out of my brain cause it hurts. All I now know of that series is Utada Hikaru will always get a paycheck, disney, and its reaching the point of power rangers and Yen Cid is Zordon.

crap, I keep getting suckered in to these KH forums.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hailinel: I guess so, yeah. I really hope they show it again soon, though......It's, uh, kind of the only game I'm really looking forward to on PS4 at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.