Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

The third sequentially numbered title in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Should Marvel or Star Wars be in KHIII?

• 100 results
    ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ScreamingGhost

@jazgalaxy: I think its just the fact that they could if they wanted. Or at least thats the perception simply from the fact that Disney owns them. I'm under the assumption that Marvel and whomever is in charge of Lucas still has a say in how their characters are used.

@moffattron9000 said:

No because the reason that Kingdom Hearts worked in the first place was because of the meshing of Final Fantasy and Disney working far too well. Marvel and Star Wars doesn't have that going for them and therefore for me anyway, wouldn't feel right. Now Pixar on the other hand; well that's a different story.

I have the same feeling on the subject. I also think its just to many franchises that are way to different, let Disney Infinity take on that role. It feels more suited for that kind of mish mashing of franchises. I think a Pixar themed world is a good bet, I recall reading that they planed to have Toy Story in KH2 but they ran out of time.

These are some of the franchises I'd like to see in KH 3; Gargoyles, The Great Mouse Detective, Sword in the Stone, Treasure Planet, The Jungle Book, Emperors New Groove, Darkwing Duck, and revisiting some of the better worlds like Lilo and Stitch. I do hope though that we see more Final Fantasy cameos in 3. While Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 had a slew of characters the hand helds have either reused the original cameos or none at all minus Zach in BBS.(Someone correct me if I'm wrong I've played them all but I can't recall any other cameos.) Hopefully Nomura will embrace the other Final Fantasy games he hasn't worked on and bring them into the fold. I'm looking at you FF6 and FF4.

Side Note: Even though I'm opposed to Star Wars/Marvel being included into the franchise. The idea of Vader as a secret optional boss in cloud city sounds pretty awesome, stupid and out of context but awesome none the less.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By landon

@medacris said:

No. No no no nono. Absolutely not. No Marvel. No Star Wars. Never the twain should ever meet.

We haven't even scratched the surface of the Disney movies that can be used! Some of the more obscure or lesser-loved Disney films are my favorite, and I will hold fast onto the idea of an Atlantis or Treasure Planet level, or a Dr. Facilier boss fight. There's also all of the One Saturday Morning cartoons that haven't gotten love in 10+ years. House of Mouse? Lloyd in Space? I'd love to team up with Mira Nova of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, or have Gadget of Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers help me fix the Gummi Ship.

There's also so many damn Nomura/Amano-era Final Fantasy characters that haven't gotten to cameo yet.

Lloyd in Space is just the everyday life of a preteen, not exactly exciting for a KH level, and House of Mouse is just the entire Disney cast eating dinner and watching cartoons. I mean... you'd rather have that than play a level based on A New Hope? Sora could get separated from Donald and Goofy and meet Luke, while Donald and Goofy meet C3PO and R2D2. It writes itself.

And even if there was a Marvel level, it wouldn't have to be the entire freaking Marvel universe showing up in one level, they could do a single X-Men level or they could just do the Secret Wars arc, but Sora gets sent by mistake.

All I'm saying is Spiderman with a Lightsaber.

Think about it.

If Marvel and Star Wars characters get it still wouldn't happen because the guest characters can't leave their world.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@supamon said:

I would say no but with Avengers being so popular nowadays and the coming Star Wars movies they'll probably be in it.

Frankly, I highly doubt it. Disney seems to have very little to do with the properties that are chosen for Kingdom Hearts games. I can't think of a single Disney property in any Kingdom Hearts game that could be considered a cross-promotion with any current Disney movie. Even when they delve into more recent properties, like Pirates of the Caribbean or Tron 2.0, they were featured well past the point where it could be considered a viable cross-promotion. In fact, I seem to recall specifically hearing that Disney is very hands-off with Kingdom Hearts and gives surprisingly free reign in what they do.

It's not impossible that would change with this game, but there's nothing to suggest that based on previous entries.

Hmm well I would certainly prefer it if there were no Marvel of Star Wars crossover but I have to wonder what other characters does Disney have to use for 3. My memory's a little fuzzy here but I remember them reusing old enemies from the first game and they already featured the 7 princesses what else can they use from the Disney vault.

Disclaimer: I never played the DS and PSP versions so I don't know what else has been used.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By probablytuna

Let's see Darth Vader go head to head with Magneto.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By nintendork666

Yes please.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By penguindust

No, I didn't approve of them adding in live-action movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and TRON, so I am against this as well. Disney has enough animated stuff to pull from without adding the live-action franchises. Besides, the FF characters should be the most realistic characters in the game with the Disney stuff being the flip side. The cartoon world interacting with the human world is what draws me to the series.

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punkxblaze: The image of Spider-man slinging a lightsaber around at the end of his web like a goddamn radioactive Jedi Belmont is just about the greatest thing ever.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Dixego

Probably not.

Avatar image for sometimesavowel
    sometimesavowel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sometimesavowel

@zeik: who should be the villian in the Toy Story world?

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Depends. Can Wolvie use his claws for things other than opening doors and shaking them menacingly?

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By joshth

stop it. Your gonna make my brain explode with possibilities.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Rather have those properties in Infinity than in KH III.

All I'm saying is Spiderman with a Lightsaber.

Think about it.

Wouldn't that be more likely be in Infinity instead in Kingdom Hearts?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably some kind of shadow infused toy monstrosity, if I had to guess. I suppose they could do Sid or that dog (assuming it's based on the first movie), but I'm not sure that would work that well.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sid from the first movie. Or they could do the third movie and use Lotso. Both probably possessed by Heartless. I think the Lotso arc would be better personally.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By medacris

@moffattron9000: I'm actually hoping it does really well. Armie Hammer is a great actor. Despite being a Johnny Depp fan usually, I'm seeing it for Hammer, not Depp. About time Hammer got his own starring role.

I do think the Marvel/LucasArts stuff works way better for Infinity, but that's because a) it doesn't have SquareEnix stuff in it, and b) it doesn't have to work things into a coherent plot.

@aiurflux: Emperor Zurg. Throw in Star Wars references like there already were in Toy Story 2, there's your reference to Disney buying LucasArts without it being too intrusive.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cheesebob

2 words: Anime Spiderman

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This should have been a poll. Personally I don't think so, the tone isn't really the same. I'm barely okay with the inevitable Pixar worlds. Maybe as DLC or something?

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Don't we have enough Star Wars games? Hasn't the IP been driven into the ground already? A lot of the fun of KH is revisiting IPs you haven't seen in ~15 years.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be such a mess that I really want to see

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By toowalrus

I dunno. If you'd asked me if Square and Disney characters should be in the same game, I'd have said no then.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Aegon

Nomura has said in a recent interview that he wants to add in elements / characters from newly acquired companies (Marvel and Lucas), but he also said that a lot of times the answer from Disney is "no" or a "maybe".

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By beforet

If it can be done well, sure, why not? I would desperately want Nier in a Kingdom Hearts game (Square-Enix property bitcheeeeees), so I feel I would have to support either Star Wars or Marvel, both of which, thematically speaking, are closer to KH.

Dvsshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already went to tron, so why not. I would like to see Wolverine and Donald mean mug each other.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Absolutely.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna see Dr. Doom kick Sephiroth's ass.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

That seems like a dumb idea, and I am all in favor of making Kingdom Hearts somehow dumber than it already is. Spiderman learns about the power of the heart? Darth Vader is possessed by heartless or nobodies or whatever? Sure. Either of those would be far more interesting than Nightmare before Christmas or any of the lore Kingdom Hearts has established for itself.

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you imagine a Darth Maul fight with Sora in jedi robes and another key-blade wielder? With those lasery barriers like in Episode 1? Think about that. Or Sora and Yoda vs Dooku or the emperor.

Now just imagine any interaction between Kingdom Hearts and the Fantastic Four. Imagine Goofy and Donald in the Baxter Building meeting The Thing. Yes, that should totally happen.

princemarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to say yes, but now I'm saying no. Since KHIII is supposed to be the last of the current saga, I say have them finish it without the two, but bring them in on the next one.

Proposed Story:

Introduce a barrier between the Disney, Final Fantasy, Marvel and Star Wars that is even stronger than the one which seperates the Disney worlds. Bring in a villain who had once accidentally, broke through one of the four barriers, which brought the Disney and Final Fantasy worlds together. But now he seeks to do the same with the other barriers and merge all four worlda, but what he feels to realize is that by doing so, he's also destroying them. Then four special fragments have appeared in the four worlds, which once united, are the keys to save the four worlds. Have them be found by four key people, one from each world (with the keyblade wielder being the Disney representitive.

This will also allow the game to be a four person cooperative game. And as it is supposed to be a Disney centered game, have the main part of the story take place among the seperate Disney worlds, with one level each taking place in the other three.

danmcn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By danmcn12

No. Star Wars couldn't be put into a single world and has endured enough without being shoved into an a sappy anime game. It would clash so hard just on the art style and themes.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh, now this thread has me curious if a lightsaber could cut through Wolverines adamantium skeleton.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By churrific

@creepingdeath0 said:

Sigh, now this thread has me curious if a lightsaber could cut through Wolverines adamantium skeleton.

I'd say yes, but the real question is is Professor X's mind control greater than the force's?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an old thread, but it pertains to an idea I have for Kingdom Hearts 3, which is why Im posting here instead of making a new thread (so don't give me shit).

I liked Kingdom Hearts a lot back in the day, but I'm not sure if it would appeal to me in the same way . Even the prospect of Lucasarts/Marvel properties being in it doesn't really excite me, as I have no real fervor for either brand (maybe indiana jones, but still not very exciting to me).

But then I had this thought. I just started playing Ni No Kuni (5 bucks on psn right now. Go buy it!); studio ghibli did the 2d animation for that game, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Then I thought "oh shit, Ghibli is affiliated with Disney, what if Disney made a deal with them to get Studio Ghibli properties in kingdom hearts 3?"

And then I realized how fucking awesome that would be, and how I would pay obscene amounts of money for that. Someone tell Johnny V to start making deals and to get that shit in there. It really does make sense since Ghibli and Disney are tight, and Kingdom Hearts is made by a Japanese company (Square Enix). It seems like such a no brainer, but it also seems like one of those things that makes a lot of fucking sense but never happens.

Anyway, there's my thoughts/idea. Would really love to see that happen. I would freak the fuck out if I could interact with the worlds of Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away in that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Disney use to own Miramax and Dimension films so there needs to be a Pulp Fiction level.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

If you were to tell me you wanted to make a KH game set in the Marvel or Star Wars universes without any of the previous Disney trappings, I'd listen to you, but the Disney aspect has turned me off those games from day 1. Just not my thing, especially the classic Disney characters like Mickey/Donald/Goofy.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#85  Edited By crithon
    @bartok said:

Disney use to own Miramax and Dimension films so there needs to be a Pulp Fiction level.

hehe, I was reminded of a huge poster in the Disney park showing off all the studios they own..... Miramax would be crazy except in the 90s before the Wienstiens left, they had Harmony Korine's first film Kids

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Sure. Kingdom Hearts was always just fanfiction with official backing. It's not like it'll break the story or anything.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Hearts is stupidly ridiculous so having Star Wars or Marvel Characters in there doesn't bother me as long as the setting is right. If we can have Tron levels in KH2 then by golly give me a level on Tatooine or Endor where you're helping out Luke, Han, and Leia with the resistance. Hell give me a Hoth level where you get to fly the Gummy ship and take down AT-AT's. As long as I don't have to do any god forsaken pod racing or even hear Jar Jar Binks I'm good. I'd even take some Clone Wars levels with Ahsoka with Lady Ventress.

Marvel might be a bit trickier but there could be some good stuff there but nothing comes to mind.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Pixar before Star Wars, and absolutely NO marvel... just no. Even though Disney owns them, that's a whole nother universe. Star Wars only if it's cameos

I want the Buzz Lightyear Universe to be in there, not just the toy. They could also include toy story and have the character be all "didn't we already see you in space?" and be all confused and then dismiss it. Buzz the animated character and buzz the toy would be their own characters which I wouldn't mind attt all

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No for Marvel, yes for Star Wars. Only reason I'd give Star Wars a pass is because that would be a fun world to play through. Marvel would just be ridiculous to incorporate, in my opinion.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Yeah I'm up for it since I don't care about so many of the Disney movies and they have already used the ones I loved. Some Marvel stuff would be cool.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they should, because there are a lot of properties they haven't really explored it seems like a lost opportunity...

But I could totally see Sora running around with Clone Wars characters with lightsaber keyblades, or in a Guardians of the Galaxy world with Groot as a summon...

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, and it should end with Deadpool destroying the universe while simultaneously explaining the whole KH story via a popup book and eating a shit ton of chimichangas.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Pirates of the Caribbean level of KHII was the most out-of-place addition to that game because of the different tone of it - and you know what, I was fine with that. Therefore I'm all for whatever other stupid ideas for properties to add in are from the myriad list of Disney-owned properties.

Let's see Donald Duck up against the Smoke Monster from Lost
    Let's see Hannah Montana with a keyblade
    Let's see the heartless of JD from Scrubs

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twinsun: i'm facepalming myself so hard right now... It was very late when I did that. Smh

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that adding either of the two universes will make KH's (an already near incomprehensible experience) near impossible to tread through. Just think about how dense either of those universes can be with reboots and extended universes. My head is spinning just thinking about it.

Though, having a lightsaber keyblade does sound pretty sweet.... Forget it. Do it. Let's see how bonkers this shit can get!!

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: It is rather amazing you managed to necro a thread that you were previously the last person to post in - that's some skill right there!

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, because I want the world to burn.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No... As someone who used to love 1 and 2, it just feels wrong. I strongly prefer classic Disney for cameos.

But then again, the series for me ends with 2, so, whatever I guess. I don't even have a console to play it on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.