Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

A remake of a previously Japan-only Kingdom Hearts mobile game for DS. It takes place after the events of Kingdom Hearts II, but retraces past events in the Kingdom Hearts canon.

This game is trash...

drgrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By drgrumbles

Man could they rehash more stuff in one game.  There is no reason this needed to be made, or remade.  
     Just make KH3 already...

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Faint

100% Agree with you.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GunslingerPanda

It's out? Whawhen?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Andorski

They need to reboot that fucking series.  Take out the FF shit, stop the convoluted story of Organization XIII, Nobodies, etc., and and make it all Sora and Co. going through all the Disney franchises.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @Andorski said:
    "They need to reboot that fucking series.  Take out the FF shit, stop the convoluted story of Organization XIII, Nobodies, etc., and and make it all Sora and Co. going through all the Disney franchises. "

Lulz 

You had me for a bit.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust
    @Andorski said:
    " They need to reboot that fucking series.  Take out the FF shit, stop the convoluted story of Organization XIII, Nobodies, etc., and and make it all Sora and Co. going through all the Disney franchises. "
    While they are at it, they should sprinkle it will Marvel power.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andorski
    @xaLieNxGrEyx: I'm completely serious.  The best thing about the KH series is seeing Donald, Goofy, and Mickey straight murdering fools.  The Heartless is an opposing force that I can stomach because the explanation for their existence is simple to understand (and not drowning in melodramatic nonsense like the Nobodies).  Maleficent, with her manipulative and calculating behavior, is exponentially better at being a the main antagonist than all the characters of Organization XIII (a rag tag team of adolescent-minded characters who are slaves to their own teenage emotions).  And Cloud?  Fuck Cloud.  THE WORST video game character to be praised by so many FF fans.  His mysteriously silent yet blatantly conflicted personality makes him nothing more than Edward Cullen with an overly compensating sword.  Double goes for Sephiroth.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

The only thing that I ever genuinely cared about in the original was the gummy ships. 

I would say they could make a gummy ship game and I'd be happy...but I've already got Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. 

Oh well.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus

I kinda liked the first game for what it was. I was also 12 years old. Honestly, I think it should have been a one-time thing.  

Oh a side note, Square should make friends with Nintendo and re-release Super Mario RPG on the 3DS.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @Andorski:
    I see your point.... kind of.  

The final fantasy characters have no impact on the actual plot, so I have nothing against them being in it.  

However, after playing BBS, and seeing the organization members in their human form, KH just wouldn't be the same without them. 
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @TooWalrus: 

I'm 21 and still enjoy the original greatly.  

imo It's one of the greatest games ever made, and one of the few game storys I was emotionally tied into by the end. To each his own I suppose.  

On topic here though, yeah this game has no point to exist.
    Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Faint

The problem is that they've made so many side parts to the story now that unless it all adds up to something ultimately climactic, the series is going to be a total waste of time. im not confident that there will be a worthwhile pay off. the only good games in the series are 1 and 2, not the side games. 2 was a bit of a stretch as you had to play a game on another system just to know what was going on (chain of memories on GBA). S-E have become very inconsiderate of their audience, by releasing games across multiple platforms that are from the same series (ie. FFXII on ps2, FFXII Revenant Wings on DS, Kingdom Hearts games on PS2, spin offs on a Nintendo hand held and mobile phone? wtf.)

S-E has dropped the ball massively on just about every game they've been working on in the past 5 years and the worst thing is that they don't even seem to admit it, because their games still sell in Japan regardless. It was my dream as a kid to work for Squaresoft. Now I want nothing to do with them.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Catolf
    @xaLieNxGrEyx said:
    " @TooWalrus:  I'm 21 and still enjoy the original greatly.   imo It's one of the greatest games ever made, and one of the few game storys I was emotionally tied into by the end. To each his own I suppose.   On topic here though, yeah this game has no point to exist. "
    pretty much agree with everything you've said.
    carlfoster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By carlfoster91
    @Andorski: I completely disagree. The Disney portion of the series was one of my least favorite things about it. FF is whatever, not good not bad. I prefer the light melodrama Heartless/Nobody stuff going on. And mashing on the X button of course.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Evilsbane

I watched my last room mate play through all the Kingdom Hearts, I have no idea what people see in those games....The basic story still just blows my mind, FF..and Disney? WHAT?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Demyx

I liked the first and the second. But I haven't bothered with the spinoffs. I did get Chain of Memories for PS2, but I haven't bothered finishing it. I also got it after Kingdom Hearts 2 so I had already read the synopsis of it. Plus the card battling crap is really dumb.

Just waiting for KH3 on PS3.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MistaSparkle
    @drgrumbles said:
    "   Just make KH3 already... "
    I wanna e-mail square this a million times.
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By shiftymagician

I personally want them to just get on with KH3.  However they really need to allow the player to not just control sora, but switch and control the other party members just as much.

Why can't I be mickey, slicing monsters with a goddam keyblade?  Also Square-Enix should at least try to work something with Disney and allow the enemies to look more menacing than the previous games.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By niamahai

<--- waiting for KH HD Remix Fantistisco Faboulasa on the PS3.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As someone who only enjoys Kingdom Hearts on an ironic, somewhat flippant level, I have no interest in any of the weird prequels and side stories that don't actually move the totally ridiculous plot of the main series forward in any meaningful way. I want lame spiky haired square protagonist to play minigames with Winnie the Pooh and wax melodramatically about hearts and nobodies and whatever else the hell that nonsense actually is about, with perfectly passable, though mashy, combat.

dangerapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By dangerapple
    @Demyx: the spinoff kinda connect with the original series so your not like wtf
    Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sayishere

Am i the only one who actually wants to play this?

dangerapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dangerapple

ya i guess you are

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.