Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

A Kingdom Hearts Game On Wii, Is A Possibility

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura might consider a Wii edition of Kingdom Hearts, after he's finished work on current projects.

Speaking with Nintendo Power on the possibility of a game on Wii, he said;

"it won't be a side story, but an authentic addition"
     -Tetsuya Nomura

He also revealed one of the reasons Square Enix produced part of the Kingdom Hearts story on DS is due to Nintendo. Nintendo actually approached Square Enix and proposed a Kingdom Hearts portable game.

He also explained the significance of "358/2 Days" - It's the passing of 358 days for two different people, although Nomura-san said wanted fans to imagine its meaning in different ways.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

Cool, I didn't really liked the PS2 games but if it's a side story it might have different gameplay elements.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Axersia

You sure that wasn't just a mistranslation? (or maybe a sentence taken out of context)

It's certainly a very different attitude towards the Wii compared to an interview a few years back where he said he would never create a KH game for the Wii because he thought it wouldn't feel like KH anymore due to the gimmicky nature of the wiimote.

Of course, times have changed since then and it really isn't that surprising considering the Wii is on the rise as a legitimate RPG platform.

Still though -- KH, like FF, has been franchise that's all about the flash, and I guess I always envisioned the next main series entry being released on the 360 and/or PS3. The Wii probably makes more sense, though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Axersia said:
    " You sure that wasn't just a mistranslation? (or maybe a sentence taken out of context)

It's certainly a very different attitude towards the Wii compared to an interview a few years back where he said he would never create a KH game for the Wii because he thought it wouldn't feel like KH anymore due to the gimmicky nature of the wiimote.Of course, times have changed since then and it really isn't that surprising considering the Wii is on the rise as a legitimate RPG platform.Still though -- KH, like FF, has been franchise that's all about the flash, and I guess I always envisioned the next main series being released on the 360 and/or PS3. The Wii probably makes more sense, though. "

I am positive it's no mistranslation, because it's written in English (NP)  I think they feel that the DS game is going to be a massive success, and want to naturally carry some of that success over to a Wii game.

Things have long since changed, look at how many Square Enix developed RPGs games there are already, they didn't deem them not worthy due to Wii control input did they. The remote is the Wii's default controller, that means SE they have to support it as a licensed developer on Wii, it doesn't mean any game cannot support a range of controllers including the Gamecube and Classic controller if need be.

With Kingdom Heart is particular, given the nature of the game, I think I would actually like to see something unque that uses the Wii remote, not something in line with what will come to PS3 an 360.  Wii games need to play to the strengths of the platform, that means control. The DS game will likely bring someting new that any new game on Wii can build upon.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine

Kingdom Hearts can reach a pretty big audience on the Wii. I'm sure there are a ton of soccer moms would see the word "Disney" on the game and buy it immediately for their 10 year old sons. I would rather just see Kingdom Hearts 3 come out for PS3. I don't want to have to deal with motion control while playing Kingdom Hearts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.