E3: Kingdom Hearts might have Pixar Worlds in the future.

Posted by sora_thekey (72 posts) -

If you've played Kingdom Hearts then you know that the levels or "worlds" are in fact Disney movies. Most people speculate on which world will be used for the various KH games and most KH fans have asked for a Pixar world for so long...
I mean imagine Sora entering a world where he is an action figure, Donald is a wind up toy and Goofy becomes a plushy in a Toy Story world. Or Imagine Sora and company becoming monsters and taking Boo on a wild ride along side Mike and Sully in a Monsters Inc world. Or maybe even have Sora become a moon fish, Donald a duck fish and ironically Goofy a cat fish in a Finding Nemo world.

Well Nintendo World Report reports that Tetsuya Nomura (creator of the KH games) is considering Pixar worlds for future Kingdom Hearts games, in an E3 interview.

“I am aware of the fan requests for Pixar characters,” said the Square Enix director. “I will do my best. Maybe one day Pixar characters will be featured in the Kingdom Hearts series.”

So what Pixar world do you want to see?

Source: KH2.co.uk
Picture by danidipps

#1 Posted by sora_thekey (72 posts) -

If you've played Kingdom Hearts then you know that the levels or "worlds" are in fact Disney movies. Most people speculate on which world will be used for the various KH games and most KH fans have asked for a Pixar world for so long...
I mean imagine Sora entering a world where he is an action figure, Donald is a wind up toy and Goofy becomes a plushy in a Toy Story world. Or Imagine Sora and company becoming monsters and taking Boo on a wild ride along side Mike and Sully in a Monsters Inc world. Or maybe even have Sora become a moon fish, Donald a duck fish and ironically Goofy a cat fish in a Finding Nemo world.

Well Nintendo World Report reports that Tetsuya Nomura (creator of the KH games) is considering Pixar worlds for future Kingdom Hearts games, in an E3 interview.

“I am aware of the fan requests for Pixar characters,” said the Square Enix director. “I will do my best. Maybe one day Pixar characters will be featured in the Kingdom Hearts series.”

So what Pixar world do you want to see?

Source: KH2.co.uk
Picture by danidipps

#2 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

This is the sound of me dying inside.

#3 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -

actually, that sounds pretty awesome because Pixar is pretty awesome

#4 Posted by Vonocourt (2159 posts) -

What with Epic Mickey, I've kind of lost all interest I had in future Kingdom Hearts games.

#5 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I'd say around Ratatouille Pixar started changing the tone of their movies in a way that the universes wouldn't really fit into some corny ass Kingdom Hearts game. So anything before that is probably fine. Finding Nemo would probably have some logistical issues and they can't exactly make it a singalong minigame.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

god no

what next, miyazaki films?

#7 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Um, what is the bee?
#8 Posted by NathHaw (2799 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" I'd say around Ratatouille Pixar started changing the tone of their movies in a way that the universes wouldn't really fit into some corny ass Kingdom Hearts game. So anything before that is probably fine. Finding Nemo would probably have some logistical issues and they can't exactly make it a singalong minigame. "
You haven't played Kingdom Hearts, have you?
#9 Posted by Andrela (622 posts) -

Sounds good, pixar have pretty rich worlds which would make for some interesting settings for a KH game.

On a side note:
Has kingdom hearts ever featured a Robin Hood world? (the one with the fox as robin hood)

#10 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Bloviator said:
" @ryanwho said:
" I'd say around Ratatouille Pixar started changing the tone of their movies in a way that the universes wouldn't really fit into some corny ass Kingdom Hearts game. So anything before that is probably fine. Finding Nemo would probably have some logistical issues and they can't exactly make it a singalong minigame. "
You haven't played Kingdom Hearts, have you? "
Yeah I knew about a singalong minigame for Little Mermaid because I never played it, ass.
#11 Posted by Icemael (6355 posts) -

Fuck no. It's bad enough that they put classic Disney characters in such terrible games.

#12 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@Icemael:
Kingdom Hearts 1 was great man.... 

and to be fair it's not like Disney is doing any good with their own characters lately
#13 Edited by NathHaw (2799 posts) -
@ryanwho said:

" @Bloviator said:

" @ryanwho said:

Yeah I knew about a singalong minigame for Little Mermaid because I never played it, ass. "
I was specifically talking about the first game and its Little Mermaid world.  Please, don't call me that.  I was trying to make you remember the first game.  I don't treat people badly, and I hope you'll do the same.
#14 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Bloviator said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @Bloviator said:
" @ryanwho said:
Yeah I knew about a singalong minigame for Little Mermaid because I never played it, ass. "
I was specifically talking about the first game and it's Little Mermaid world.  Please, don't call me that.  I was trying to make you remember the first game.  I don't treat people badly, and I hope you'll do the same. "
Well now I just feel bad.
#15 Posted by niamahai (1407 posts) -

i think the whole reason why KH3 haven't happened yet is that Disney would rather have their own internal studio do it.

Sure the whole point of KH was "Squaresoft meets Disney!" 
but surely there's some Disney executive going "why don't we make it "All-star Disney!" so we don't have to share profit with those fuckers!"

#16 Edited by NathHaw (2799 posts) -
@ryanwho: It's OK.  I'm totally over it.
#17 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@niamahai: And why should they with modern classics in their wheelhouse like, uh, Bolt?
#18 Posted by zander1123 (95 posts) -
@niamahai:   That would be correct if Square wasn't completely pumping out a million KH games a year. No, KH3 is going to happen, and it is going to be announced soon, more than likely TGS or through Famistu some time later this year or early next year, after versus is finished. 
#19 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @niamahai: And why should they with modern classics in their wheelhouse like, uh, Bolt? "
Hey Bolt was fucking awesome shut up! 

Seriously though Bolt was awesome.
#20 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

No I liked Bolt. But after over a decade of having Pixar's resources at their disposal, they have a grand total of 1 CGI film that anyone can remember. Mmm let's explore the Valiant universe.

#21 Posted by niamahai (1407 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" No I liked Bolt. But after over a decade of having Pixar's resources at their disposal, they have a grand total of 1 CGI film that anyone can remember. Mmm let's explore the Valiant universe. "
'Eff that. I would rather they explore the 90's Disney cartoon universe.
#22 Posted by JJOR64 (19050 posts) -

That would be neat.  :)

#23 Posted by sora_thekey (72 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx: A Bug's life...
#24 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -

As I've already said before...

I WANT MY KH BAMBI!!!!

DO WANT

I'd own people with hooves, YOU GAVE US LION KING NOW I WANT BAMBI!
#25 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

I'm sometimes ashamed that I enjoy Kingdom Hearts.  
Every part that revolves around the non-Disney characters makes me want to club seals, kick puppies, stomp kittens or punch babies. 

#26 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

walll eeeee

#27 Posted by Toxin066 (3319 posts) -

I wouldn't mind so long as Pixar worlds are in KH3, and not KH: Spinoff

#28 Posted by Dauragon (554 posts) -

A wall-e world in Kingdom Hearts would kick amazing amounts of ass.  Monsters inc as well! 

#29 Posted by JackSukeru (5946 posts) -
@odintal said:
" I'm sometimes ashamed that I enjoy Kingdom Hearts.  Every part that revolves around the non-Disney characters makes me want to club seals, kick puppies, stomp kittens or punch babies.  "
I'm the other way around, I just endure they quick retelling of disney movies to get to the story I really care about. Heck, if they just kept Donald, Goofy and Mickey I could care less if they scrapped the whole "go to different disney worlds" altogether.
#30 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Just make KH3 already, I don't care if it has ronald mcdonald and scooby doo just make it!!!

#31 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

Haven't cared for Kingdom Hearts since the 2nd one... this doesn't change that. I'll probably play Kingdom Hearts III proper on the PS3 or 360, but until then I don't really care. What I like about the series is solely the cameos from characters from my childhood, not the fucking anime or the stupid keyblades and whatever. If this turns out the be the next game in the main series, I might check it out.

#32 Posted by JoMu (117 posts) -

I'd rather see characters from The Disney Afternoon. Want to see Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck worlds.

#33 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

For some reason I keep coming back to Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait for the next console iteration.

#34 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@odintal said:
" I'm sometimes ashamed that I enjoy Kingdom Hearts.  Every part that revolves around the non-Disney characters makes me want to club seals, kick puppies, stomp kittens or punch babies.  "
Yeah really, its like Square want me to be embarrassed for ever liking any character they ever created. They're really daring you to like the game.
#35 Posted by sora_thekey (72 posts) -
@TooWalrus:  Technically the next game in the main series is Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.... It ties directly into Sora Riku and Kairi's story.. 

@JoMu said:
" I'd rather see characters from The Disney Afternoon. Want to see Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck worlds. "
Or Gargoyles

@Demyx said:
" For some reason I keep coming back to Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait for the next console iteration. "
It was announced at E3 that the next one will be Kingdom Hearts 3DS for the, obviously, Nintendo 3DS
#36 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I usually skip the handhelds since i haven't bought one in 6 or 7 years. But I do plan on getting the 3DS, so I might actually pick this up. Otherwise, I just hope there is a PS3 release someday.

#37 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

I'd actually like to see them use some of the TV shows Disney owns, animated and otherwise.  Off the top off my head, I'd really like to see worlds based on Talespin, Darkwing Duck, and the island from LOST.

#38 Edited by sora_thekey (72 posts) -
@CountRockula said:

" I'd actually like to see them use some of the TV shows Disney owns, animated and otherwise.  Off the top off my head, I'd really like to see worlds based on Talespin, Darkwing Duck, and the island from LOST. "

Oh YES! Heartless and Nobodies would be an easier explanation for whatever is behind the mysteries of LOST...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.