Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

KH Milking Venn Diagram

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

I've made a venn diagram showing which KH games I consider justified, milk and the gra(e)y area. Tell me if you agree or not and give me your picks if you feel like it.

No Caption Provided
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

So the only unjustified games in the series are DS/Japanese cell phone exclusive?

Let me guess.  Don't own a DS?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

Let it go man. Wait til after v13 for nomura's proper KH game. -_-

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aegon
    @Hailinel: I play DS games, but the reviews for those games were crap and frankly they look like crap. Don't get me wrong I love KH. I think I might get a 3DS.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

I'm not sure about the 3ds version, it might come out pretty good and give me a reason to get a 3ds.  But I kinda agree with the rest of your choices.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel
    @H2Oyea said:
    " @Hailinel: I play DS games, but the reviews for those games were crap and frankly they look like crap. Don't get me wrong I love KH. I think I might get a 3DS. "
    I haven't played Re: coded, but I thoroughly enjoyed 358/2 Days.

Also, you're foolish for making any sort of diagram with incomplete data.  If you haven't played either of those games, then you really have no room to judge them yourself.
    GideonAmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GideonAmos

I came in the topic expecting two faces of Venn from KH Birth by Sleep overlapping each other. 

I was disappointed.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @H2Oyea said:
    " @Hailinel: I play DS games, but the reviews for those games were crap and frankly they look like crap. Don't get me wrong I love KH. I think I might get a 3DS. "
    Wait, you haven't even played the games and you're judging them based on "I heard this..." and "It scored this..." 

Fuck off, please.
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aegon
    @Hailinel:  I looked at it from a story perspective. I felt like the stories told in each of the games and the ultimate reveals at the end of them didn't really justify their existence.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @H2Oyea said:
    " @Hailinel:  I looked at it from a story perspective. I felt like the stories told in each of the games and the ultimate reveals at the end of them didn't really justify their existence. "
    You didn't play the games.  Your opinion in this matter is essentially invalidated by that fact.  To me, 358/2 Days was well worth it because it expanded so much on characters that, while important, little was actually known about.  It provides greater insight into Organization XIII and Roxas in particular, and when all was said and done, I was completely satisfied by the experience.  You, on the other hand, are basing your views purely by what other people have stated on the internet.  You have no experience with playing the game or with seeing the story play out.
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Cornman89

I don't entirely disagree.

I'm frustrated with Square's treatment of the KH franchise, and have pretty much lost all interest in any direct sequel to KH2 because its lore has become such a mess. At the same time, I understand Square's instinct to rely on a franchise they're absolutely certain will sell. I think I've parted with the KH franchise at this point, but amicably.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @GideonAmos said:
    " I came in the topic expecting two faces of Venn from KH Birth by Sleep overlapping each other.  I was disappointed. "
    Its a good thing you ignored "milking" in the topic title because that would have been a weird image. I don't even know how one milks a face. Gross.
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @H2Oyea said:
    " @Hailinel:  I looked at it from a story perspective. I felt like the stories told in each of the games and the ultimate reveals at the end of them didn't really justify their existence. "
    How can you look at it from a story perspective when you didn't experience the fucking story? Would you give an opinion on The Stand after reading a wiki summary? 

Oh wait, yes you would because you're a fucking idiot. 

Hey, have you seen Inception? No? Great, what's your opinion on it?
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FourWude

Could someone explain the infatuation with Kingdom Hearts? I just don't get it. It's action-adventure lite with a healthy dose of Disney kiddie crap? Maybe it's my own personal antipathy towards Disney that detracts from the experience, but seriously why the love for this crappy kiddy series?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel
    @FourWude said:
    " Could someone explain the infatuation with Kingdom Hearts? I just don't get it. It's action-adventure lite with a healthy dose of Disney kiddie crap? Maybe it's my own personal antipathy towards Disney that detracts from the experience, but seriously why the love for this crappy kiddy series? "
    Well, they're not "crappy kiddy" games, for one thing.  They're full-fledged action RPGs that just happen to feature elements of Final Fantasy and Disney mixed together.  If you don't like Disney, then there's little reason for you to play these games since the games are comprised entirely around the idea of visiting worlds based on various Disney animated movies (with a few live action movies thrown into the mix).  But the characters are entertaining and the story is interesting.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MikkaQ

As a series that's basically just a fan-fiction crossover, the whole point is to milk it. Regardless of quality, they all belong in the category on the right. 

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @FourWude said:
    " Could someone explain the infatuation with Kingdom Hearts? I just don't get it. It's action-adventure lite with a healthy dose of Disney kiddie crap? Maybe it's my own personal antipathy towards Disney that detracts from the experience, but seriously why the love for this crappy kiddy series? "
    Trololol.
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aegon
    @GunslingerPanda: 

KH-vids.net has all the cut-scenes from the games. You can experience the story through the internet. And yes, I did watch Inception and I loved it. I was actually playing "time" from the soundtrack on the piano a few moments ago. Also calling me an idiot is uncalled for. I'm not expressing any anger, just an opinion. If you disagree with it or with the way I acquired it,  that's fine. No need for name calling.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I wish they'd fucking stop with the handhelds. 

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @H2Oyea: But it's not an opinion. At best it's a second hand opinion but even that is a stretch. It's looking at a painting in the reflection of a window covered in bird shit and then saying that it's an awful painting. It's reading a book in a language you don't understand. It's watching random scenes of a movie in bootleg quality. 

I'm glad you liked Inception, and piano playing is a skill that I truly envy.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel
    @H2Oyea said:
    " @GunslingerPanda:   KH-vids.net has all the cut-scenes from the games. You can experience the story through the internet. And yes, I did watch Inception and I loved it. I was actually playing "time" from the soundtrack on the piano a few moments ago. Also calling me an idiot is uncalled for. I'm not expressing any anger, just an opinion. If you disagree with it or with the way I acquired it,  that's fine. No need for name calling. "
    It's an uneducated opinion.
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aegon
    @GunslingerPanda

Judging the story through the cutscenes is valid in my opinion.
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Turtlemayor333

I get the idea that someone should play a game to determine whether it's good or bad and that makes sense - but I don't even see that being the Kingdom Hearts argument anymore. The argument is whether these games should straight up even exist. Like I'm never gonna read any Star Wars books and some fanboy is going to say that's an ignorant viewpoint, but I really don't care about any side stories or how the novels explain things that got crap explanations in the films. They could be literary masterpieces and I still would not agree with that approach.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aegon
    @Turtlemayor333:

Thanks for the support.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I already posted this in another thread, but it's the same context so I'll save myself the trouble of thinking of original phrasing for any of this. Just my two cents.

As someone who only enjoys Kingdom Hearts on an ironic, somewhat flippant level, I have no interest in any of the weird prequels and side stories that don't actually move the totally ridiculous plot of the main series forward in any meaningful way. I want lame spiky haired square protagonist to play minigames with Winnie the Pooh and wax melodramatically about hearts and nobodies and whatever else the hell that nonsense actually is about, with perfectly passable, though mashy, combat. 

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aegon
    @ArbitraryWater: 

Lol, that's a perfectly fine way of enjoying the KH series. Kind of the way Jeff and Vinny enjoyed Persona 4, although they probably had more fun with it because there was an audience watching.
    shiptoncraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shiptoncraig

It feels like every KH should just include an AMV creator, because (from the perspective of someone who just played KH1)  that's all the games are used for. 

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Anything past KH2 is milking it as far as I'm concerned, or maybe I just grew out of it after that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.