Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

Kingdom Hearts Recoded: A New Game?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

About time we hear some news about a new Kingdom Hearts game.  A user over at NeoGAF is saying the new issue of GameInformer has an article with Nomura saying one of the two new Kingdom Hearts games will be revealed at E3 this year and it will be called Kingdom Hearts Recoded.  Over at Kingdom Hearts Insider they pointed to a link (also on the NeoGAF forum thread) to the website of Phil Snyder, the new voice actor of Jiminy Cricket which has this info on the page:     

On May 19th Phil took over as the voice of Jiminy Cricket for Disney Character Voices.  The first project was “Kingdom Hearts Recoded.” 

So is this a brand new game or a remake of the Japanese only mobile game Kingdom Hearts coded?  The NeoGAF user is saying that it might not be on HD consoles so it might be on Wii, PSP, DS, or even the iPhone.

I guess we will have to wait till E3 for an official announcement.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Crono11

I doubt it'd be a new game. If Square could just take something they've already done and put it out again or, in this case a new territory, they'll do it. 

That said I'll probably buy it. I'm still kinda into Kingdom Hearts.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

I'm betting it's a remake of Coded for a non-cell phone platform.  It wouldn't be unprecedented, given that Square Enix already remade Chain of Memories for the PS2.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EliasT

I goddam hate Kingdom Hearts to no end, if you don't, then I have infinite disrespect for you. That game was maddening torture that was popular because it had Disney characters in it.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet

For fucks sake, give the game a better control scheme and just release a proper sequel. I hate multitudes of spin-offs, prequels, midquels, interquels and whatever.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT
    @Hailinel said:
    " I'm betting it's a remake of Coded for a non-cell phone platform.  It wouldn't be unprecedented, given that Square Enix already remade Chain of Memories for the PS2. "
    this sounds about right, i mean calling it recoded and making it have nothing to do with coded would be quite odd.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Catolf
    @EliasT said:

" I goddam hate Kingdom Hearts to no end, if you don't, then I have infinite disrespect for you. That game was maddening torture that was popular because it had Disney characters in it. "

If you don't like it, why post your needless comment that has no merit behind it but hate. Post somewhere, where you LIKE what is being posted about, don't troll. I have infinate disrespect for those who troll just to lay down their hateful little seeds because a topic does not appeal to them.

Would you like me to applaud for you because you don't like something? 

@TheHT said:

" @Hailinel said:

" I'm betting it's a remake of Coded for a non-cell phone platform.  It wouldn't be unprecedented, given that Square Enix already remade Chain of Memories for the PS2. "
    this sounds about right, i mean calling it recoded and making it have nothing to do with coded would be quite odd. "

I'm pretty sure it'll be something like this. If it didn't have anything to do with the game on the cells, it wouldn't make much sense.
    xoaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xoaks
    @EliasT: I love your need to wander into the Kingdom Hearts portion of the forums to tell us this.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus
    @Ghostiet said:
    " For fucks sake, give the game a better control scheme and just release a proper sequel. I hate multitudes of spin-offs, prequels, midquels, interquels and whatever. "
    Absoutely. My younger cousin keeps talking about how awesome Kingdom Hearts III is going to be, and that she's going to buy a PS3 to play it... I keep telling her- it doesn't EXIST!
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

I just beat the first Kingdom Hearts a couple weeks ago and am getting Kingdom Hearts II very soon.  I hope this doesn't mean that Kingdom Hearts III isn't going to happen... :/

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

It looks like it is a remake of the mobile game coded.  It's coming to DS.

Kotaku Link

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.