Should I buy Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2

#1 Posted by JSwan13 (274 posts) -

I have have never played a kingdom hearts game but want to. I'll probably only play one of them, so which ever was the best would be good.

#2 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

Only ever played 1. Loved it. Hope that helps.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

For me, the second one was the best control wise. 
It just felt better to me, and I might just be crazy for thinking that.  

I recently played through both of them and I did still enjoy the story of Kingdom Hears 1 a lot. 
And they're probably both really cheap by now so I would get both. Just to make some sense of what's going on

#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Yes. 

Fucking play them. 

if nothing else the art direction is pretty fucking amazing.

#5 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

Play the first one.  You'll find a way to play the second one after probably how much you'll like the first.

#6 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

What the #@(&^?? You haven't played the games? Get the *%&@$ out of this *&^$%in site and start playing those motha*&^%&in games. Jesus &^$%*in Christ!!!

#7 Posted by suikoden352 (419 posts) -

just get both of them. they are prolly cheap enough to get both. if you like final fantasy mixed with a disney art overtone with semi-dark storyline and a solid combat system that becomes better over time and especially with the second one, then you will love those games.

#8 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

The controls are much better in part 2. But play both because those games are amazing

#9 Posted by x_XJules (303 posts) -

Both fo' sho. The second one is better than the first but they are both still amazing and it's worth it just for the story. 

#10 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

Both. You know you want you, we know you should. 

#11 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

play the first one.

#12 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Both. They are two amazing games which the first one needs to be play first. But you can't choose. You have to play both.

#13 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -

If you have to get one, get the first.  There is no reason to skip to two, besides the better control.  If you play the second on first, the first will get on your nerves when you finally get around to playing it.

#14 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

You must definitely play them, but wait until TGS because hopefully they'll announce an hd version just like for god of war, sly, and hopefully team ico's games.  But I really love those games so you should at least try them out.

#15 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

I usually tell people to play the first game first. This is no exception. Play the first game first.

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

Check the first game out first.  If you like it, then check out the other games in the series.

#17 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

number 2 man, number 2.

It`s way more AWESOME

#18 Posted by squallws (64 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
"I usually tell people to play the first game first. This is no exception. Play the first game first. "
#19 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

play the first. i played the 2nd, loved it and couldn't get into the first because of the gameplay. the story is worth playing through both. playing the second one alone got me pretty emotionally involved

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.