Fellow Keyblade Masters (and Disney fans),
I was thinking while I was driving today, and thought about how KH3 would work...and on what console it would be on. It got me thinking, so here's some of the things i think that make KH3 great on one console, or another console. Keep in mind, KH3 has no chance to come out before 2013. Nomura has been very blunt in saying Versus XIII is out in late 2012 or early 2013...so give him two more years for KH3 and you'll see it in 2013-2015. This is also assuming KH3 is not on a console we dont know about, and is for a console currently in production.
- Huge Market with Target Audience
- Unique Controls, If Nomura Wants
- Graphics Will Be KH2 Upgraded
- Nintendo Related Worlds, Sora Fights with Star Fox!
- All the side stories for KH have been exclusive to Nintendo.
- Motion Controls would make Wii version pointless, as the Move can do the same but better.
- How many kids who own a Wii have played or were old enough to remember KH?
- Graphics suck....KH2 looks dated.
- A lot more consoles sold than PS3.
- 360 users buy games in tenfolds. Every hyped game has sold millions more than Sony games.
- Microsoft Worlds, picture Sora and McChief fighting the Heartless.
- Debatable Better Graphics than PS3 if Optimized
- The creator of Kingdom Hearts hates the Xbox, and has said many times he would never make a game for it.
- How many 360 users would seriously buy Kingdom Hearts?
- Kingdom Hearts has never touched a Microsoft console, the "story" is lost.
- No one in Japan would ever buy it.
- If made with the PS3, there would be scaling back...as Nomura has said would happen with Versus XIII.
- The engine is already done, and runs fine.
- Every proper KH story has been exclusive to a Sony console: KH, "KH CoM", KH2, KH BBS
- Only console to support full uncompressed audio, and if Versus XIII is to judge...the chick who does KH music has gained so much skill. The audio will be a treat.
- Graphics will be outstanding, if Versus XIII is to be looked at as an example.
- Move Support makes a Wii Version futile.
- No one owns a PS3 compared to Wii and 360 users.
- Square Wants Money, doesn't care about Nomura's vision.
- How many PS3 users would really buy KH3 four to five years from now?
- If Versus XIII fails as a PS3 exclusive, KH3 for PS3 is gone. Period.
I didn't put the NGP because I don't think Nomura would put the first true sequel to KH on a portable. I think he'd go all out, and make the game that fans have wanted since KH2 (not counting v13 of course). So, what do you guys think? KH3 is still a far way off...but Nomura did say that once Versus XIII is done...it's full work on KH3.