Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

Thinking about starting KH chronologically

homewrecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By homewrecker

So I haven't played the Kingdom Hearts series, and I'm just finishing the first game. However, I'm thinking that maybe I could try playing through the series for the first time chronologically, as opposed to in the order they were released in. The order I'm thinking of playing the games in is:

Kingdom Hearts 1
    Chain of Memories
    358/2 Days
    Kingdom Hearts II

I could probably get a hold of a PSP one way or another to play Birth by Sleep when that comes out, but I'm not 100% sure. Do the games like 358/2 days give you more enjoyment if you've played, say, Kingdom Hearts II, which takes place later in the actual timeline? 

Also, no spoilers please :O

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zajtalan

if you play kingdom hearts 2 before 358 i guess you feel more attached to roxas.... but if you play 358 then you......aww i dont know just go for it chronologically

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By JJOR64

If I remember right, 358/2 Days has some KH2 spoilers so I say go for KH 2 first, then 358/2 Days.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By CaptainTightPants

I think it would be interesting to play 358/2 before KH2, go for it.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure

I agree you should play KH2 before playing the DS title, you will get more enjoyment out of the plot from the DS one. 

Though to be 100% honest it doesn't really matter the literal ending of the DS game is the start of KH2 similar to how the end of KH1 is exactly where CoM begins.

xoaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By xoaks

Play KH1 then KH2. Then go to KH:ReCOM and finish with 358/2 Days. ReCOM assumes you've played 2 already but it's far better than the GBA release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.