Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

38 Studios' Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning MMO has a new trailer

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By penguindust

Not much to say about this that isn't said in the title.  I've been tracking this game for a while since I heard Curt Schilling mention it when he'd guest co-host the WOW podcast, The Instance years ago.  Back then, it was all in formation with nothing concrete.  Not that that stopped Curt from going on and on about his ideas for the game and its world.  I can't say the man doesn't know his stuff when it comes to MMOs.  Hell, he ran a guild on the EQ servers back in the day between ballgames.  Anyway, this new game from his game company looks pretty good, but I'm not sure how it will fair in the already crowded fantasy-based MMO marketplace.   Between current top games from the genre, WOW and Rifts, and with Guild Wars 2 and TERA set to arrive sometime this year (hopefully) plus all those F2P games out there (LOTR, D&D, etc), I'm just not sure.  On top of that there are the non-fantasy games like DC Universe and Star Wars The Old Republic he has to compete against, too.  Ah well, we'll see if Kingdoms of Amalur has what it takes next year.  Personally, I'd change the name right off the bat (baseball pun!) because no one is going to remember that mouthful.    

EDIT:  This isn't the MMO, but an offshot single-player action RPG.  My mistake for confusing the two.  Copernicus is the MMO which will be based in the same world.  
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SlightConfuse

this is not for the MMo but the game Reckoning

game looks awesome, i like the way all the attacks looks devestating. 
    DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeeGee

Reckoning isn't an MMO, that's an entirely different game altogether that 38 studios is keeping quiet about.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By English

Do you realize that this isn't an mmo? The MMO is still codenamed Copernicus.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust
    @slightconfuse:   Ah, thanks for the correction.  I read about this on an MMO site, so I assumed it was the MMO.  My mistake for not properly checking my information.  

Also thank you everyone else who pointed out my error.  This will teach me to double check my information before posting.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

Looks badass.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By EuanDewar

As has already been said this is not an MMO but a singleplayer RPG with some serious RPG dev pedigree behind it, people who worked on things like Morrowind and Oblivion. It certainly looks promising.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By General_D23

Hmm...is that Canderous? That sounds alot like Canderous. Hmm...John Cygan...

Anyway...game looks pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.