Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Bioware/Bethesda collaboration (sort of)

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By FreakAche

From my understanding of this game's article on the wiki, there are BioWare guys, as well as ex-Bethesda guys working on this game. Why aren't more people talking about this? This seems huge.

ToxikPandaKoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ToxikPandaKoi

Well, the game doesn't come out till 2012. but yes. it sounds super duper epic. :D

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeeGee

Games need to speak for themselves, I think. I don't care much if a few guys from some company that made games I like are working on this, there's got to be hundreds of dudes working at Bioware and Bethesda.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I dislike the fact they have a novelist working on the story, that usually ends badly but I suppose it depends how it's being handled. 
    The game does look pretty great so far, but there just isn't any information on it yet, there's not really anything to discuss.  (not to mention this topic is 8 months old and there was even less back then). 

I imagine we'll see more at E3, interest will definitely pick up when we get more info and closer to the release.

Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xdsk

What is this game you speak of? 

Edit: Nevermind, hopefully it will be good. Although its not out till next year. 

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BrockNRolla
    @DeeGee said:
    Games need to speak for themselves, I think. I don't care much if a few guys from some company that made games I like are working on this, there's got to be hundreds of dudes working at Bioware and Bethesda.
    And while Bioware and Bethesda have made some damn good games in the past, there games haven't been without problems. So, if Reckoning ends up with the guys from Fallout 3 who coded it to be buggy as hell and the folks who designed the inventory management from Mass Effect, it stands to reason Reckoning might not be so good. Wait until we see something worth talking about before hyping it!
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChickenPants

Do you know which guys they are or how much input they had at Bioware and Bethesda? If not, for all you know they could be the guys who made the coffee and cleaned the toilets.

Even if they happened to be brilliant guys from both companies it is no guarantee of the quality of the new game. Pedigree does not always translate into a quality end product. It certainly isn't ''huge'' anyway.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

Ah, so this is Project Mercury. I somehow lost track of it. It looks good, I'll be eagerly awaiting new information.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.