E3 2011: Reckoning Trailer

#1 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -

want it

#2 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I'm looking forward to this a lot, after dismissing it at first. I recall seeing a pretty mediocre trailer, but reading up on it and seeing more of the gameplay is getting me real excited!

#3 Posted by CrazyBagMan (841 posts) -

Looks pretty great to me

#4 Posted by tangmcgame (79 posts) -

+1 for the "Was Unimpressed at First but Now Excited About It" crowd.

#5 Posted by LosDub (198 posts) -

nice

#6 Posted by kerse (2112 posts) -

Do Want.

#7 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -

God I hope this game is good.

Morrowind designers at the helm, Loot heavy, and an emphasis on combat not sucking.

When they started talking about how your class would depend on you and you could pick different destinies that would enhance you depending on how you played I got really impressed.

#8 Posted by Robopengy (462 posts) -

Let's hope they do some work on the sounds design, other than that looks great!

#9 Posted by TwinkleTowez (73 posts) -

This looks pretty sweet, but I think i missed something when Curt Schilling walked out onto stage. I had no idea the dude was into gaming. I looked it up, he seems pretty legit.

#10 Posted by Authun (182 posts) -

Wilhelm screeeeeeam

#11 Posted by maxB (311 posts) -

really looking forward to this

#12 Posted by Tennmuerti (8076 posts) -

Changing the fate of Amalur sounds cool but. What is Amalur and why should I care about it's fate?

I don't think it sounds as epic as they think it sounds.

#13 Posted by Blood_for_the_blood_God (300 posts) -

that shit looks tight

#14 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

I think this has the potential to be great.

#15 Posted by Toxin066 (3284 posts) -

Always be casting.

I'm actually not crazy about the art style, but for what it is, it looks gorgeous. I love a good fantasy RPG. I'm really hoping this is a good fantasy RPG.

#16 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

Gotta admit it looks pretty good.

#17 Posted by Einherjar (71 posts) -

Looks just like Fable.

#18 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2379 posts) -

I really hope the gameplay stands up. Good gameplay will make this game for me.

#19 Posted by Antihero (24 posts) -

My brother is a QA tester for this game and says its amazing. We however have diversely different tastes in games, so I'll wait and see.

#20 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

I'd like to see how this turns out, but I have to admit that some of those moves looked pretty devastatingly cool.

#21 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

This is what Fable 3 should have been.

#22 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Hyped.

#23 Posted by colinjw (217 posts) -

At the moment I still don't care about the game.

#24 Posted by MeatSim (10835 posts) -

Curt Schilling's: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

#25 Posted by Protome (347 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:
God I hope this game is good.  Morrowind designers at the helm, Loot heavy, and an emphasis on combat not sucking. When they started talking about how your class would depend on you and you could pick different destinies that would enhance you depending on how you played I got really impressed.
Yeah, I'm the same. Now I really just want them to start showing the other RPG elements that they claim are there. Like show more of the crafting, the speech, etc.  
Because if this has all the components that Oblivion had in it, but made them all not terrible? I'm sold.
#26 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -
@Protome said:
@Doctorchimp said:
God I hope this game is good.  Morrowind designers at the helm, Loot heavy, and an emphasis on combat not sucking. When they started talking about how your class would depend on you and you could pick different destinies that would enhance you depending on how you played I got really impressed.
Yeah, I'm the same. Now I really just want them to start showing the other RPG elements that they claim are there. Like show more of the crafting, the speech, etc.  Because if this has all the components that Oblivion had in it, but made them all not terrible? I'm sold.
There's a developer walkthrough on this forum, you check it out.

Just from a glance, shit gets deep....yo.....
#27 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Kinda scary how similar Amalur's setting and world history is to RIFT. Like crazy similar. And there's an Amalur MMO in the works too.

We all draw inspiration from the same source. There's like a gaping hole to that 'inspiration world' in our brains with shit oozing through it. Fucked up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.