Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

First DLC will be out on 20.3.2012

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nardak

The first dlc for Kingdoms of Amalur will be out on 20.3. The name of the dlc will be "The Legend of Dead Kel"

http://reckoning.amalur.com/r/dlc/dead-kel

The dlc will include:

An Epic New Questline — The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters.

New Enemies, Dungeons, Items — Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons.

The Ultimate Player Housing — Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it’s a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks.

Tons more to Explore — The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BrockNRolla

Ok?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

Cool stuff.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By spazmaster666

If only I cared more about the actual quests in the game. My favorite part is still the combat, but even that got boring after about 70 hours. I might still get this DLC, but I'm not even that interested in finishing the mountain of side quests I have built up.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

I find myself wondering who would want almost any of that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Well woop-dee-ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ. I couldn't even get through the main game... I put so much time trying to enjoy it, then so much more so I could post a fair user-review, that now I fucking hate the bloody thing. Pure tedium on a disc.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude

Anyone played the DLC yet? How was it? (No spoiling) I will probably purchase it later one day, but I would like to know if there's any game update prior to this release. Game fixes et cetera.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@FritzDude said:

Anyone played the DLC yet? How was it? (No spoiling) I will probably purchase it later one day, but I would like to know if there's any game update prior to this release. Game fixes et cetera.

when i popped KoA back in to get the DLC no 'update to this game' thingy popped up, and the last time i played was 2/26, so i guess there haven't been any patches or anything implemented in that month-ish span unless it comes with the DLC. as far as content, i like it, but it is pretty much more of the same so far (i'm 3 hours in), so if you were lukewarm on the game at all, i wouldn't necessarily advise buying the DLC.

two things to consider: no increase to level cap of 40 and no achievements. that's kind of f'ed up.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I was wrong, there are 5 new achievements in the DLC. They didn't seem to show up for me at first. Sorry about the misinformation.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FritzDude

Non problema. I might wait to get this then seeing that there's no new update, and it has been over a month too which is sad. Either they're neglecting updates or they're taking time and making a good one. I hope it's the latter since I can't seem to find much information on this on their boards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.