Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on Steam!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Aetheldod

What? D: *Checks Steam*

I´ll be damned ... could this be the return of the prodigal child? (sarcasm peeps)

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Shabs

Does this mean EA is only the publisher on the console versions? Publisher is listed as 38 Studios on the Steam version, plus it comes with all of the Steam fixins like TF2 items and Steamworks.

Either way, good news!

Koobasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Koobasta

Pleasant surprise, glad it's on Steam. Now to make a decision whether those hats are worth it (not really)

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Packie

I honestly didn't expect them to self publish the game on steam, good on 38 and Big Huge. I'm definitely checking out the demo now.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mosdl

Isn't this a EA Partners thing? So that might explain it.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phrosnite

YES! I saw a link on GT and couldn't believe! DOWNLOAD DEMO RIGHT NOW!

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Liber

I just played for an hour and 15 minutes and my game crashed to desktop, when I loaded back the game my character wasn't there.

Can some confirm that saves are busted or not exist at all ?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BisonHero

@Shuborno said:

...plus it comes with all of the Steam fixins like TF2 items and Steamworks.

I love how TF2 items are just expected at this point. I still don't get that, because I always imagine that the people who are that rabid about TF2 items must play a helluva lot of TF2, and not have time for very many other games. Are there sad souls out there buying games just for the TF2 items?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Animasta

@BisonHero said:

@Shuborno said:

I love how TF2 items are just expected at this point. I still don't get that, because I always imagine that the people who are that rabid about TF2 items must play a helluva lot of TF2, and not have time for very many other games. Are there sad souls out there buying games just for the TF2 items?

there are people that pay real life money for TF2 items

for TF2 HATS.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By phrosnite

YOU MUST BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!

I cannot remap the controls for movement? WHERE ARE THEY?! WTH?! A GAME IN 2012!!!

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Shabs

@BisonHero said:

@Shuborno said:

I'm crazy about TF2, but the items don't have too much value anymore given that there are so many items available and it's impossible to have them all. It might be a legitimate nudge to pre-order a game I was thinking about getting anyway.

Haven't played for a few months, but playing "a helluva lot of TF2" certainly describes me in general. I think I'm approaching 700 hours. It's the first thing I install on a new computer.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BisonHero

@Animasta said:

there are people that pay real life money for TF2 items

for TF2 HATS.

I figured, what with that item shop that the TF2 title screen keeps bothering me about. But I'm wondering whether the TF2 crazies buy/trade the preorder items from people who genuinely want to own the game, or if the TF2 crazies themselves buy the game (then never play it) just to get the preorder item, not wanting to wait for the secondary market.

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bio595

With the steam version, do you still need to provide any EA account details?

Because I'm interested in the ME3 stuff.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Liber

I just played for an hour and 15 minutes and my game crashed to desktop, when I loaded back the game my character wasn't there.

Can some confirm that saves are busted or not exist at all ?

No saves at all. It's the hardcorest of hardcore modes. Or it's a demo. One of the two.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well this is great. Now I might accidentally buy this game since I don't have to use Origin to get it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BoOzak

Played through both the 360 version & the PC version (until it crashed) and i'm definately prefering the PC version. Mainly because the resolution on the Xbox version makes the UI seems alot more cumbersome than it should be. Granted it still isnt great but it's at least tolerable. Plus the extra bump in detail is nice and it ran well on my old arse computer before it crashed. ;( hopefully the final version doesnt have that problem, or at least has a decent save system counteract it.

Impressions on the actual game itself are mixed. I like what they're trying to do, mix responsive combat with deep RPG mechanics. But the world (the most important part of an RPG imo) seems abit generic, everything looks nice, and no doubt has alot of rich backstory to go along with it. But on the surface it all seems abit too familiar. Honestly, I was reminded of Dungeon Siege 3 when playing the game, music, art style etc. seemed very similiar.

But solong as the game isnt too glitchy i'll be picking this up on Steam when it's released, I respect any developer who makes half decent PC ports day one.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mazik765

I'm going to buy it on Origin anyway just to piss everyone on this site off.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Redsox44

I loved the demo and think its pretty cool that its the number 1 top seller on steam right now. Curt Schilling!!!!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By crusader8463

I too was worried that this game was going to go the route of ME3 and have to be one I would miss out on because of that origin crap. Pre-ordered it the second I saw the news over at bluesnews.com. Will let the demo download tonight and will play it before I head off to work tomorrow. Unless I sleep in. Also, the hats are rather poopy in my opinion. Far from my favorite pre-order a game and get a nifty TF2 hat bundle. Something I can trade later I suppose.

Osiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Osiris

@phrosnite said:

YOU MUST BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!

I cannot remap the controls for movement? WHERE ARE THEY?! WTH?! A GAME IN 2012!!!

You can in the full game, they said so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.