Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Legend of Dead Kel - size?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

So this is out today and I am extremely tempted to get it. I am just wondering how large the new continent is though. I am 75~ hours in and I'm only in Detyre - only have fully completed one area of it (Red Marches) while having fully completed everything in Dalentarth and Erathell. I still have 2 and 3/4 more continents to fully explore and quest in!

Would you say this DLC is comparable to the size of one of the original continents, and if so, which one and how many zones are in it? The gamespot review says it's excellent and rated the DLC higher than the actual game.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By artgarcrunkle

R.I.P Overdosed on orange soda.

Lemmiwinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Lemmiwinks

4 zones, each maybe a tiny bit smaller than a regular zone. Started it a few quests in, seems good so far. Said to take 3-4 hours main quest, 10 for the entire thing, although thats bighuge saying that, so take it as you will. New enemies, gear and uniques is my big thing. And the housing sounds cool.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By phrali

all i know is that they didn't raise the level cap and that i was level 40 long before alabastra.

hell i might give them 10 bucks just to raise the cap to 60 with no content at all.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I'm about 3 hours in and appear to have covered roughly half of the new island, for what that's worth to you. in comparison, I finished the main game in about 65 hours, having completed every quest I could find and leaving only a handful of Tasks undone. The area size seems comparable to those in the main game, but the side quests seem a bit sparser to me thus far.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy

@UitDeToekomst said:

I'm about 3 hours in and appear to have covered roughly half of the new island, for what that's worth to you. in comparison, I finished the main game in about 65 hours, having completed every quest I could find and leaving only a handful of Tasks undone. The area size seems comparable to those in the main game, but the side quests seem a bit sparser to me thus far.

Wow how did you manage to complete it all so fast? I'm 75 hours in and working on Detyre!

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCreamFilling

@artgarcrunkle said:

I appreciate this.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy

@TheCreamFilling said:

@artgarcrunkle said:

I appreciate this.

I don't get it...

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@xyzygy: not sure. i don't feel like i breezed through it or anything. i did tend to click through a lot of the conversations, though, which might account for some time cutting (i found them a bit tedious). oh, and like a guy above said, there is no increase to the level cap of 40, which i found disappointing. also, there are no additional achievements/trophies as far as i can tell.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UitDeToekomst

A correction to my previous post: there are 5 achievements with the DLC. They just appeared for me today after playing for another hour or so. Weird.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Vorbis

Disappointed they rushed out DLC instead of fixing the difficulty issues that everyone complained about, despite saying they were going to patch it. Still waiting to play my copy beyond the starter zone.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Vorbis said:

Disappointed they rushed out DLC instead of fixing the difficulty issues that everyone complained about, despite saying they were going to patch it. Still waiting to play my copy beyond the starter zone.

What difficulty issues? Just that it is easy? That's all I can think of that I noticed, because my magic lady just barreled through everything without much trouble on hard.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Vorbis

@MetalBaofu: Yeah pretty much, you're punished for doing every sidequest as you overlevel and nothing can touch you, the only solution is to skip content so the mobs you're fighting are a challenge. They promised a fix but we've heard nothing since then.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Vorbis: I guess that just doesn't bother me much. I feel more like that if I take the time to do everything, then I should be stronger than needed. Kinda like the RPG's with optional bosses that are harder than the main story boss...if you take the time needed to beat them/get the best weapons/whatever, then the main story is gonna be stupid easy.

On the other hand, I can understand why people want something to offer some challenge, and Amalur did feel too easy at times. Mainly when I would kill everything on the screen with one AoE spell(definitely easy, but also kinda awesome). I think they just got carried away with the side stuff. By the time I finished, I was definitely thinking there were just too many side quests...and I don't think I even did them all(maybe I did. I'm not sure). I don't know why I was feeling like that really, because I don't remember ever thinking that in Skyrim/Oblivion/etc., but at times Amalur felt like overkill on the side stuff.

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Amilmitt

75 hours holy crap your taking awhile.

steam shows 52 hours for me, and i cleared all the zones and did all the side quests.

i'm looking at getting this dlc as i enjoyed my time with the full game and want a bit more, but its a bummer their isn't a lvl cap raise or some new skills.(completely maxed out finesse)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.