Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Need help on a build please

darkx150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkx150
    Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

That's a fine build, it could be improved by never playing Amalur because the game sucks ass.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By morningstar

Any build without meteor is lacking. Anyway, just try it out, most important thing is to have fun and experiment right? =)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @darkx150

Well if you are going for an overpowered build might/sorc is one of the top.
    With something like this: http://amalurfoundry.com/calculator?30042360065060355235160000&000000000000000000000000000&30063660500533050530050000
    Nothing will be able to touch you and you will crush everything. It's aproximately what i used on my first playthrough.
    Add in buffs from fate cards, gear, lorestones and your dammage resistance will basically make you invulnurable.

If you want to optimise your build:
    • Relentless Assault should always be maxed, this is the most overpowered skill in the warrior tree and cornerstone of what makes one able to just wade into enemeis swinging with no fear of interrupts
    • Adrenaline Surge + Power Strike are kind of pointless, there is never any time where you should be low on health in the entire game, it just doesn't happen, not with war/sorc
    • Battle Frenzy + Stoneskin should be maxed, more dammage for longer as well as providing defensive buffs for longer
    • Instead of staff, i would suggest picking a ranged option either chackrams or wand, but wand uses mana, so i'd go for chackrams to give the build range
    • I would suggest going for Stormbolt over Mark of flame, A. because Strormbolt has synergy with warrior extra dammage on stunned enemies and is better at it then Quake. B. because you can get Tempest but can't get Meteor anyway. C. because elemental dammage on weapons is affected by Smolder/ChainLightning/Frostbite and of the 3 the later 2 are of more benefit on your weapons
    • Elemental Rage is not suggested for this build. You are worried about mana use on Quake, yet Elemental rage uses way way more, Tempest is a better choice here is AoE and uses the same 1 button as Lightning Bolt

Stuff to note, might/sorc built is actually just a might playstyle with some spell effects added and gives you a huge protection boost via the might/sorc Destiny. It's not a good spellcasting build, due to heavy use of passive mana abilities. And everything in it works in synergy to optimize you going like a whrilwind of invulnurable destruction through everything, but mainly using your weapons, with magic as support.

If you want to sling spells properly go full sorc for Meteor and stack +elemental/fire dmg gear.

Also all of this really doesn't matter, the game is easy as shit anyway.
    It's only if you are anal about good builds like me :)

darkx150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkx150

@Tennmuerti said:

@darkx150:

With something like this: http://amalurfoundry.com/calculator?30042360065060355235160000&000000000000000000000000000&30063660500533050530050000
    Nothing will be able to touch you and you will crush everything. It's aproximately what i used on my first playthrough.
    Add in buffs from fate cards, gear, lorestones and your dammage resistance will basically make you invulnurable.

• Relentless Assault should always be maxed, this is the most overpowered skill in the warrior tree and cornerstone of what makes one able to just wade into enemeis swinging with no fear of interrupts
    • Adrenaline Surge + Power Strike are kind of pointless, there is never any time where you should be low on health in the entire game, it just doesn't happen, not with war/sorc
    • Battle Frenzy + Stoneskin should be maxed, more dammage for longer as well as providing defensive buffs for longer
    • Instead of staff, i would suggest picking a ranged option either chackrams or wand, but wand uses mana, so i'd go for chackrams to give the build range
    • I would suggest going for Stormbolt over Mark of flame, A. because Strormbolt has synergy with warrior extra dammage on stunned enemies and is better at it then Quake. B. because you can get Tempest but can't get Meteor anyway. C. because elemental dammage on weapons is affected by Smolder/ChainLightning/Frostbite and of the 3 the later 2 are of more benefit on your weapons
    • Elemental Rage is not suggested for this build. You are worried about mana use on Quake, yet Elemental rage uses way way more, Tempest is a better choice here is AoE and uses the same 1 button as Lightning Bolt

Stuff to note, might/sorc built is actually just a might playstyle with some spell effects added and gives you a huge protection boost via the might/sorc Destiny. It's not a good spellcasting build, due to heavy use of passive mana abilities. And everything in it works in synergy to optimize you going like a whrilwind of invulnurable destruction through everything, but mainly using your weapons, with magic as support.

If you want to sling spells properly go full sorc for Meteor and stack +elemental/fire dmg gear.

Would u suggest i go full might or might/finesse?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Canteu

Improve your gameplay experience, by not experiencing Amalur. That game is dog shit.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @darkx150 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@darkx150:

Would u suggest i go full might or might/finesse?

Pure might would be more powerfull. But it can become a bit boring fast imo.
    Might/finesse? have not tried it personally, it would be more of a challange to make it work, but it might also be fun to try to constantly respec to see how different stuff works.
    It's kind of hard to answer without knowing what exactly are you looking for in a build.
    But rest assured it really doesn't matter how you spec the game, just isn't challenging enough, anything works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.