Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

PC or 360??

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DrMcKittrick

Which seems to be the best regarding the camera issue?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @DrMcKittrick
    Both versions have the exact same camera behaviour. 
    That said controlling the super low FoV camera with a mouse actually started getting me physically ill during the demo. So I'm playing the game on the PC with a controller. Camera is still an issue but it's playable.
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By emergency

Pretty sure that the pc crowd might come up with a fix for the camera issues so I'd go pc. Besides its cheaper on pc.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

@emergency said:

Pretty sure that the pc crowd might come up with a fix for the camera issues so I'd go pc. Besides its cheaper on pc.

Sadly, that's not the case...this is a $59.99 PC game. There's just no way I'm going to pay that much for it.

Hell, right now you can get The Elder Scrolls Collection on Steam (Morrowind GOTY Edition, Oblivion GOTY Edition, and Skyrim) for $10 less than this is currently selling for.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emergency

@MB said:

@emergency said:

Sadly, that's not the case...this is a $59.99 PC game.

Huh, thats a shame. I've already seen it for £23 here on PC, whereas the console version is staying well above £30 for now.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

@MB said:

@emergency said:

Sadly, that's not the case...this is a $59.99 PC game. There's just no way I'm going to pay that much for it.

Hell, right now you can get The Elder Scrolls Collection on Steam (Morrowind GOTY Edition, Oblivion GOTY Edition, and Skyrim) for $10 less than this is currently selling for.

That's EA for you. I don't get why they would want to intentionally hurt the sales. I feel sorry for BHG.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Lazyaza

Steam version has achievements, controller support. PC controls/UI are kinda bad. Eh its 40 dollars cheaper here than retail so I got that one. Gonna just use my 360 pad.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By RIDEBIRD

PC with a controller of course. Why the hell would you play this with a mouse..? Bought my PC version on GMG with 25% discount, paid like 35 dollars, which is basically nothing when it's a game in Sweden. It's 60 dollars on steam here.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I'd get it on Xbox 360, not use the online code and resell it after you beat it.

The PC version only has a higher rendering resolution and a stable framerate going for it, it's pretty much a direct port. It's a good $30 game, not a good $60 game.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

Any word on that ominous FoV and camera fix patch? There was supposedly going to be a day 1 patch adressing that. Maybe it'll out for day 1 of the European release tomorrow.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gargantuan
    @MB said:

@emergency said:

That's only in the USA, it's cheaper than the console edition in Europe.
    Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Flaboere

@Gargantuan said:

@MB said:

@emergency said:

Well, it's 49,99 euros on Steam, which amounts to 66 dollars.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gargantuan
    @Flaboere said:

@Gargantuan said:

@MB said:

@emergency said:

Well, it's 49,99 euros on Steam, which amounts to 66 dollars.

yeah, but console games are 60 euros so PC games are cheaper than console games in Europe
    Alexandruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Alexandruxx

The PC version runs great. And if you run it in 1080p, the menus become smaller, so you don't have to scroll as much in your inventory.

Koobasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Koobasta

@MB said:

@emergency said:

This. If it goes on sale for 40% or more later on, I'll definitely grab it on Steam, hopefully this summer. That's the nice thing about PC, the games for some reason go on sale much faster than in console.

qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By qawsed

What's the framerate like on consoles? Since the action is so fast-paced and responsive it really benefits from a high framerate.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zelyre

@Seppli said:

Any word on that ominous FoV and camera fix patch? There was supposedly going to be a day 1 patch adressing that. Maybe it'll out for day 1 of the European release tomorrow.

No official FOV or camera stuff, they're "listening" and there are official threads about that stuff in their forums.

If you frequent widescreengaming, there's a lil program and profile to force the game to run at a larger FOV. I played at default yesterday; it's bad. I mean, it feels like 40-50 fov bad. I've never felt loopy playing a game until this one; not even Borderlands was this bad. I had to play in 15 minute chunks.The profile has already been updated multiple times so that it continues to work shortly after the game was patched.

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/19381/kingdoms-amalur-reckoning-rally-multi-s?page=8

Forcing the game to run at an FOV of 80 makes cutscenes look... bad. Like you're viewing it drunk. However, I restarted the game and played for two and a half hours without having to get up, walk around the room, and look at anything but the game every fifteen minutes. The game itself, at a higher FOV, looks wonderful. They've even got it working with eyefinity. (Not my screenshot, and the original was 5760x2160. Someone's a 1%'er!)

No Caption Provided

I really hope they address this; for me and a few others, super low FOVs in PC games make them unplayable. I wasn't going to buy this game after trying to play the demo, but I made the mistake of listening to Curt Shilling talk in one of the live streams, thought he was an awesome enough gamer guy to give his company $60 because of his constant insistence that they're listening to the players and the fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.