Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Question about Leveling

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I recently got Kingdoms of Amalur off of playstation plus. I'm about seven hours into the game and I'm currently focusing on leveling up my character as a mage. For people who have played the game, is it better to focus on one class or to do a little cross upgrading? I could simply undo all my upgrades and change character class midway, but it seems like that would result in a lot of your inventory then becoming useless. For example, as a mage I have mostly robes, veils, and staffs. If I switched my leveling to a warrior class, I wouldn't really want to use most of these items. Give me your thoughts.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

I didn't play a whole lot of the game but considering the game has so many hybrid classes I think you're find dabbling in whatever you want to honestly.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

You will be fine either way, the game is never difficult enough to make level planning of any real importance. Pure characters can completely dominate, so can certain hybrids (like war/mage) to the point of making it not fun. As long as you don't just spend points completely willy nilly and have at least some sort of synergy it'll be ok. just play what you like.

For more:

http://www.giantbomb.com/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/3030-30330/forums/need-help-on-a-build-please-542697/#7

http://www.giantbomb.com/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/3030-30330/forums/so-whats-you-setup-like-535764/#25

http://www.giantbomb.com/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/3030-30330/forums/might-sorcery-build-535216/#21

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rorie

I'm not sure it entirely matters all that much - if you do the side quests I have a feeling that most of the game will be a cakewalk (that was my experience, at any rate). And it seems like you could probably get into another class pretty easily simply by buying new items appropriate for the new class, or storing anything that looks extremely good in your stash if you feel like branching over.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

You can get away with anything, really. For my part I played as a Finesse/Magic character and enjoyed using daggers and chakrams.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.