Sage, Warrior or Thief

#1 Posted by Aegon (5588 posts) -

So far I've only gotten out of the first well of souls tower or whatever it is and I'm in my sage gear on a road to something I guess. So I haven't really decided which direction I should go in. I've already dumped two points into the staff and one into the lightning bolt. Do you guys have any tips on which you think is a better path? What are some of the pros and cons? I don't want to put a lot of points into something and realize I don't like where this is going. My initial impression of this game is that I like it so far. Colours.

#2 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

You can respec very easily as many times as you want for a small-ish fee. idk what else to tell you. I like Might? Haven't used the other classes so I can't say anything more.

#3 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

I have put 2/3rds of my points into magic and 1/3rd into might, and I am having a great time. Do whatever, man. This game accommodates all creeds.

#4 Posted by FLStyle (4693 posts) -

Respec and destiny perks mean that you can basically feel things out without having to make a concrete choice.

Personally I'm going for half Might and half sorcery destiny with Longsword/Staff.

#5 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Whatever you do, don't specc Might and abuse 'Unrelenting Assault'. That skill turns combat into a farce (it's the buff which removes removes flinch for its duration). I like Finesse best thus far, I have yet to try Sorcery though. I did in the demo and everything was one-hit-killed out of the gate by that mark and execute fire skill. That's too OP to be lasting fun.

Once you are deep into Finesse you'll get Gambit. Most fun utility spell I've played around with in years.

#6 Posted by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Best thing is to go one of the three trees early on to get to surviving though be sure when you level up to look at the destinies marked with all 3 types (might, finesse & magic), so far those have been the best once you get enough points to use them because they tend to have a +1 to all your skills which is rather helpful. From there I've been mostly thief path but dumping other points in the other skills to be sure to get the higher levels of the jack of all trades stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.