so what's you setup like?

#1 Posted by SuperCabboy (89 posts) -

I am a hunter with daggers as my primary, and undecided secondary weapon. How are you playing reckoning?

#2 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

I play a two handed guy with a bow i think, but I only played the demo, and I stopped when it opened up.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15034 posts) -

I'm playing a Jack of all trades character. Sword & Might Armor /w Magic and a Bow. The game for all its diversity really seems to be geared to pushing you to play this way and since I have I've found I am enjoying it much more than trying some sort of specialized build.

#4 Posted by SuperCabboy (89 posts) -

@Demoskinos: Thats what I did in Skyrim, but the perks get so good in this game when you dump a lot of points into one skill, that I just put all my points into sneak and daggers.

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (8149 posts) -

Warrior/mage with most points into passives, using greatswords/chakrams. Facerolling everything, doing insane damage taking no damage myself, uninteruptible attacks. On Hard.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Pure Finesse. Primary both Daggers and Faeblades, switching it up every now and then. Secondary Bow. Once you've experienced full Finesse with all the trimmings and especially 'Gambit'... just wow. Never had more fun with a 'Hunter/Assassin' archetype.

Setting up a minefield with gambit. Raining down arrows on my foes. Vanishing with a smokebomb. Just to stab them in the face with a dagger. Or being a straightup whirlwind of AoE slice 'n dicing with the faeblades. Great fun. Recommended.

Will likely switch it up later and try out some pure warrior going with Longsword primary and Greatsword secondary. Because... SWORDS! Guess I'll try out all the hybrids at the very end. First go deep, then go wide.

#7 Posted by DonChipotle (2787 posts) -

Finesse/Sorcery using faeblades and chakrams. I initially wanted to go pure stealth, but then I found some badass chakrams and faeblades and never looked back.

#8 Posted by Kidavenger (3584 posts) -

Pure finesse, with a focus on the bow and traps, I can pretty much kill anything in the game so far without it getting near me. only problem I'm having is groups comprised of mages and melee, can't kite the mages well and when I have to go daggers on them things can get hairy.

#9 Posted by EndlessObsidian (477 posts) -

pure sorcery with staff as primary and chakrams as secondary

#10 Posted by yevinorion (700 posts) -

Warlock (Finesse/Sorcery) using Faeblades as primary and Chakrams as secondary. It's been so much fun so far as I'll open up with Chakrams and as I get close or my enemy does, just start laying waste with my Faeblades. Not to mention I can teleport through people and poison them, that's pretty awesome. Add to that my chain lightning shock spell and shadow flare and there's not much I can't take down. Also, I'm playing on Hard. Stealth kills are fun too, but Faeblades don't get the animations daggers do. Think I might try out a Warrior/Mage towards the end-game to see what greatswords/chakrams can do.

#11 Posted by SuperCabboy (89 posts) -

@Seppli: Yeah dude, thats the way to go

#12 Posted by TheHT (11556 posts) -

Finesse/sorcery with daggers and staves. Also stealth, and once I get detected I rush in and constantly alternate between daggers, my staff, and the 2 spells I'm currently using (starting lightning spell, finesse dust throw thing, and the might chain pull thing).

So much fun (when the camera's not a problem).

#13 Posted by pweidman (2342 posts) -

Pure Sorcerer with stave and septre. The perks for pure magic are pretty awesome, and the effects for the spells are just fantastic. Not really op yet either at about 30 hrs. Haven't even spent any on the summoning but that's what's next.

#14 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Sorcery stacked with fire damage, 10k crits with meteor.

Edit the summon with health stealing is pretty nuts when you get it upto 100% also.

#15 Posted by Enigma777 (6081 posts) -

Might/Sorcery build with a Greatsword and Chakrams (for range/breaking boxes). Playing on Hard and I've yet to die once...

#16 Posted by Lazyaza (2198 posts) -

Warrior 100% all the way, haven't spent a damn point in anything but might and smithing and it is glorious.

#17 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

Finesse/Sorcery using faeblades and chakrams. I initially wanted to go pure stealth, but then I found some badass chakrams and faeblades and never looked back.

You wrote down what I was going to... word for word.

#18 Posted by sergeantz (144 posts) -

@fini_fly said:

@DonChipotle said:

That's pretty much how I'm rolling, too. I do have a pretty large amount of points in might, though. The +1 to all skills that comes with those destiny cards is too good to pass up.

#19 Posted by Bane (428 posts) -

Pure sorcery, chakrams and staff, level 18-ish. The best part so far is the fire spell. Mark and execute is great. I'm having a hard time breaking up my armor set and I'm paying for it with quick deaths in the desert area. I've got better gear but it's all mismatched and dumb looking when worn together.

I think I'll start a warrior from scratch. Thick armor and huge swords have always been my preference. Besides, I'd like to see what happens if I turn the House of Ballads on it's head.

#20 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

@sergeantz said:

@fini_fly said:

@DonChipotle said:

That's pretty much how I'm rolling, too. I do have a pretty large amount of points in might, though. The +1 to all skills that comes with those destiny cards is too good to pass up.

I went to a fate weaver and took everything out of might and respec'd to get rid of abilities I wasn't using. There is nothing in might that is really appealing for me.

#21 Posted by Giefcookie (608 posts) -

The stealth mechanics are nonexistant in the game so I went heavy warrior with some magic, mainly for blink. 2H sword with chakrams and heavy armor. Using Relentless Assault with heavy armor and a 2hander just breaks the game. Taking no dmg while ur heavy attacks just stagger all enemies to death.

#22 Posted by Bane (428 posts) -

Pure might, level 20-ish.

I've got all Azurite armor (from loot) with a rating around 800. It's studded with gems: + armor, + % armor, + health regen, + damage during the day, + damage at night, + stun duration. My greatsword does around 150 damage, my longsword around 120. Blacksmithing and sagecrafting are maxed out. Detect hidden is up to see hidden doors.

This game isn't balanced worth a damn. I may pull my Shepard's Armor out of storage just to up the challenge.

#23 Posted by MikkaQ (10319 posts) -

Chakrams for crowd control, longsword for slashing the hell out of stuff. And also a lot of magic spells.

#24 Edited by evilrazer (492 posts) -

I play as a Warrior, dumped most of the points into Might, using Longsword. Plus I put some points into Charkasms, or whatever they called. They are pretty powerful mid-range weapon.

#25 Posted by csl316 (9038 posts) -

I'm working my way toward a Shadowcaster type (Finesse/Sorcery). Mainly because of its description, "Enemies die before they can profane your personal space."

I play most action games as a dodger that makes every hit count. Fae blades and chakrams seem to be getting things done for me, and I can't wait to get blink, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.