Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

will you keep amalur or trade it for ME3

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

While I've enjoyed my time with Amalur I'm sure I will be done with the game by the time ME3 comes out which leads me to the question trading the game in?? The game was fine but as always, with trading stuff in soon is always better. Started on hard to begin with so I can't go back and turn up difficultly. There also haven't been too many choices that really seem to swing the story one way or another. So the only good reason to keep it will be the promised great big huge DLC. So keep amalur or get $40-$30 towards ME3???

Blind_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Blind_Evil

I'm waiting on ME3 to drop to $20-$30, I don't like the combat in that series and there is too much of it.

I generally only trade in stuff long after I know I won't play it anymore.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By donchipotle

Trading it for SSX.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

Keeping it because I'm not buying Mass Effect 3. And I still have a ton to do in Amalur.

Macabros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Macabros

Is there DLC content announced? Haven´t read anything about it. If there is and maybe a level cap raise, I would hold on to it a little bit longer and not trade it in for ME3.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, if I had bought Amalur and traded in games then I probably would, didn't really like the demo and from what I have seen and heard from most people I wouldn't like it too much anyway...

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

You can't trade Steam versions.

And even then I don't trade games.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Yanngc33

I didn't buy the game but if i had I probably would not trade it in simply because I don't like trading in my games

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Lnin0

60+ hours into my first toon and I can easily see enjoying a couple alts for just as long. ME series really makes a better movie than game so I tend to wait until they hit the bargain bin.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By FLStyle

I rented Amalur to begin with so I'm covered on that front.

BUT, if I had bought Amalur, would I then trade it in for ME3? Damn right I would.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Storms

Massive open world RPGs are too far and few between. Plus, I'm itching to try different playstyles. I've been a balance of all 3 classes on my first playthrough, so I want to experience it three more times as a warrior, rogue and mage.

Keep.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Subjugation

I would personally take the trade in value and put it toward ME3. Nothing about it really impressed me, and it makes me sad to say that since I thought it looked cool.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@BoFooQ: I put a lot of hours into it and had fun with it but I am starting to get pretty burned out from it now. I will probably end up trading it in if I beat it this weekend or selling it to one of my buddies.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matthias2437

PC, can't trade in. I also don't trade in games. But I think I will be finished with Reckoning by the time ME3 comes out, or at least I hope I will be. 110 quest finished and just got the the second land mass.... might not make it by ME3 time.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Hmm brand new fantastical IP or Aliens invade earth. Tough Decision.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#16  Edited By yevinorion

Even if I lived somewhere I could trade it in, I wouldn't. Really enjoying it. I understand the criticisms and if falls short on some fronts, but overall I really am enjoying it about 35ish hours in. I will definitely be getting ME3 though, had the CE preordered since it was announced last year. Good thing too, as Amazon seems to be sold out of it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Fredchuckdave said:

Hmmm generic fantasy IP that I have seen dozens of times before or the conclusion to the only sci-fi rpg/shooter trilogy on the market. Tough Decisions.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Delphic

I'll be keeping it because I haven't even got a chance to play it yet, not to mention I just picked up my gigantic strategy guide for it today :P

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@Tennmuerti: Why did you play it then? Also what's a good house of ballads equivalent anywhere? The 3rd game in sequel frenzy has almost universally been worse than the 2nd. But at any rate this is kind of a moot point: http://rampantgames.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bwcliches.png

Note: I realize this forum is extremely fanboy heavy and thus incredibly easy to troll, but if you want to make a legitimate argument I'm eager to hear it. I don't think Amalur is fantastic by any means other than Cam Clarke voicing half the characters, but what is so appealing about a game bound to be worse than the 2nd, with a worse premise than the 2nd, with a deteriorating company that was pretty damn overrated to begin with?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Tennmuerti said:

@Fredchuckdave said:

Hmmm generic fantasy IP that I have seen dozens of times before or the conclusion to the only sci-fi rpg/shooter trilogy on the market. Tough Decisions.

To explain "what I did there": You boiled down the 2 games to extremely narrow one sided views, I did the exact same thing but from the other direction.

I did this out of sheer principle regardless of how much I actually agree/disagree with your opinion on them (mostly due to the snarky "tough decisions" remark at the end)

@Tennmuerti: Why did you play it then?

Because I like playing games, seems self explanatory. Sometimes you play a game and dislike things about it. How can I dislike aspects of a game without having played it?

Also what's a good house of ballads equivalent anywhere?

House of balads is a cool new interesting thing I will give it that. If only the game did not beat you over the head with it in every conversation, it got old fast, eternal cycle blah blah

Note: I realize this forum is extremely fanboy heavy and thus incredibly easy to troll, but if you want to make a legitimate argument I'm eager to hear it.

My argument is I found Amalur "new IP" to offer nothing really new over it's 100+ hour, just repetition of the same shit over and over. House of balads is a drop in the ocean of cliches, tropes and repetition which made me want to bash my head on the keyboard at seeing. And even HoB manages to grate after a couple of missions. If you want my full arguments you can lookup my other posts in the Amalur board (they are many) I'm not going to repost all of it here.

Where as at least ME3 will offer something I don't really get from other games (regardless of it's assumed overall quality, which i said nothing of btw). Amusingly I am actually one of the biggest ME2 critics on these boards.

Note: I realize this forum is extremely fanboy heavy and thus incredibly easy to troll

I highly advise not to pre judge people, makes you biased before even starting an argument/disgussion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.