Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

King's Bounty: The Legend

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 23, 2008

King's Bounty: The Legend is a turn based strategy game with RPG elements that is based on the game of the same name developed by New World Computing, which in turn inspired the Heroes of Might and Magic franchise.

Anyone have a chance to check out King's Bounty?

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By snide

Curious to how it plays. The art style looks very WoW influenced, which to me is a good thing. I love turn based strategy games and might just have to pick this one up.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Cover art looks like a Cinderella rip off of Arthas from Warcraft 3 when he still had a soul.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Psynapse

I haven't heard much about this, one of my mates has picked this one up. He loves it... But then again he loves alot of games which were crap...

Gamespy gave this one a 90, Supposably its alot like Hereos 5 with better graphics and 'much deeper strategy'... So if you like a turn based strategy game then looks like this one is for you!

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Johnny5

I quite like this game a lot. Although it has its pitfalls like the sporadic nature of its difficulty curve.

Playing through the game presents some very interesting situations . For example wives in the game are quite creatively implemented.

Now that you mention it, it does have a similar feel to playing the Warcraft 3 campaign, which is obviously purely cosmetic since they dont really play alike.

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cyclonus

I've been playing the game since it came out.. absolutely fantastic. It's HOMM as more of a real rpg. It's mostly about the battles, but you can actually do quite a bit of random crap in the game. The getting a wife aspect is just bizarre. Really funny and varied quests and units to get. Seriously this is my game of the year so far. It completely blows me away how much love has been put into this by the development team. Real love, like Molyneux was talking about.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Tordah

As a big fan of the Heroes Of Might & Magic series (well, up to the 3rd one anyway, 4th installment was decent and I never played the 5th one) I'm wondering how this game is different from those? I know the original King's Bounty from the late 80s served as a big influence in the creation of Heroes but I never played it much.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I wish I could

skudfisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By skudfisher

I just got it tonight and have played it for a few hours now and I'm enjoying it A LOT. It's sort of like HOMM but the movement on the overworld map is in real time and there seem to be more RPG aspects to it. The humour and graphics in it remind me a LOT of World of Warcraft (to the point where I feel like some of the item icons are actually copied and pasted right out of WoW) but that's mostly a good thing because the creatures and missions are pretty creative so far. From what I've read the game is incredibly long if you do the side quests and explore a lot. I've played for about 3 hours now and I'm still only in the first small section of the map. If you liked Heroes of Might and Magic AT ALL chances are you will like this game a lot.

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
    imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By imayellowfellow

morderth13 thinks its pretty good lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JivY6_meVQQ&feature=PlayList&p=89AACE6DFB0A49E2&index=0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.