This game just got incredibly real

#1 Posted by Fallen189 (4982 posts) -

So I've been playing this for the last couple of days, and hey, it's really good. The mix of super deep fantasy tropes and monsters is very interesting, and the combat is deep enough that I can enjoy it while being an idiot at strategy. 5 bears beat 1 peasant, for example! 

But holy fucking dicks, this game just got incredibly HARD. I used to lose maybe 1/2 units in a fight, but since I've moved over to the pirate land, or the undead swamp land, it's just getting pants rippingly tough. I'm barely making it out of any fights alive. 

I mix between bears/swordsmen/archers/wolves/inquisitors and priests, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any KB vet's that can help me out? Much obliged!

#2 Posted by DCam (124 posts) -

Depending on your character type, it seems to become quite important to cast spells every turn. I've noticed that with my Mage, and my friend's Paladin.

This is probably far too late, but maybe of use to someone in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.