E3 2011: Kirby's Mass Attack Trailer

• 82 results
#51 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

#52 Posted by Piranesi (452 posts) -

There better not be a typography error at the printers ... people might see the pink round thing and get the wrong idea.

#53 Posted by gaggle64 (118 posts) -

If Shepard doesn't bring help soon there won't be a Dreamland left to save. 

#54 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Much like locusts, when multiple Kirbys are in the same spot its called a plague because nothing survives.

#55 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

This is a really cool new idea

#56 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3254 posts) -

Multiple giant, invincible Kirbys? We're pretty much fucked, aren't we?

#57 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

When did Kirby more or less become equal to a swarm of bugs. 

#58 Posted by Hilfemaster (101 posts) -

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALLE THESE KIRBYS

#59 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

@Hilfemaster said:

#60 Posted by MeatSim (10834 posts) -

Kirby is breeding faster then rabbits do.

#61 Posted by redcrocigator (5 posts) -

but... he isnt gaining superpowers from eating things... thats what i liked about kirby... I mean dont get me wrong this looks like a creative new spin on kirby and i think it looks really fun... but its not what i loved about kirby.

#62 Posted by Shadowx (26 posts) -

It's like kirby combined with pimkin. AWESOME!!
#63 Posted by DeltaDreamer (113 posts) -

Hate the music, love the Kirby's

#64 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

Massive Attack feat. Kirby

#65 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

YES more Kirby, please!

#66 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

If Kirby isn't eating stuff to gain its power, I'm not interested

#67 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

stop innovating uguys i want the old thing

#68 Posted by Hef (1113 posts) -

@Shadow: Kirby is eating food to make more of himself. So by your own logic you should like this game.

#69 Edited by Xtophre (44 posts) -

I think what is most sad about the Kirby Franchise getting hijacked by whomever is developing these games is that many new players will never get the joy out of playing real Kirby games.

The fun of Kirby games was always swallowing different enemies and stealing their powers and eventually they came up with the idea of mixing different powers by swallowing different enemies. You could mix and match, experiment. It was basically a kid friendly Megaman.

Whoever is making these new kirby games is basically using the same Gimmic nintendo uses to try to sell their crappy rip-off Minigames like their soccer(though I liked mario soccer), Olympics and baseball. Just use the franchises character and its theme, but base the game not at all on the franchise's actual theme. Its basically reskinning a game with the mario theme. In this case they are reskinning some other game with a Kirby theme, but based nothing at all on how the kirby games worked...

For this game; you could have just as easily replaced kirby with Link from the legend of zelda and called it something like; Four Swords Adventure 2(ironically this game looks to play similar, but without the joys of multiplayer).

There is nothing wrong with coming up with new games with new mechanics, but exploiting the character franchise just to get a game out is extremely transparent and pathetic. If the game is good, it will sell itself. Maybe it won't get bought day 1(though I understand that this is a major focus) but people will pick up the game and tell their friends out great it is and game review sites will take notice how great it is.

I think they simply decided to use kirby as the theme because they were afraid the game wouldn't sell. But then that simply makes people annoyed that this is yet another game that has nothing to do with kirby and reminds them how much they want a real kirby game.

That said, the game looks good. But I want a real kirby game and not another copy and paste theme character in a game that has nothing to do with it. HAL(or whomever owns kirby now), is trying to Out-do nintendo it seems.

#70 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -
#71 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@RiotBananas said:

@Hilfemaster said:

YAY!

#72 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -
@Hef said:

@Shadow: Kirby is eating food to make more of himself. So by your own logic you should like this game.

If he was gaining the power of the fruit he was eating, it would be closer to what i want from a Kirby game, even though that would still be pretty stupid. As far as this one goes, I won't be picking it up.
#73 Posted by AuthenticM (3718 posts) -

Looks pretty great.

#74 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Shadow said:
@Hef said:

If he was gaining the power of the fruit he was eating, it would be closer to what i want from a Kirby game, even though that would still be pretty stupid. As far as this one goes, I won't be picking it up.
I see Kirby no longer appeals to the shithead market.
#75 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
@Shadow said:
@Hef said:

I see Kirby no longer appeals to the shithead market.
That's kind of a self-destructive way of saying how you don't like it either
#76 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Since when can Kirby multiply himself?

#77 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -

Meh, looks meh.

#78 Posted by Jon_Danger (86 posts) -

My god, it's full of Kirbys!

#79 Posted by selbie (1885 posts) -

@Jon_Danger said:

My god, it's full of Kirbys!

This. This game gives a new definition to the word Clusterfuck.

#80 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

To all you peeps arguing about the "real Kirby game": The OG "Kirby's Dream Land" on the Gameboy DID NOT have you absorb the powers.

Kirby sucked and spat. If he swallowed an enemy that was that, no powers, nuthin. Kirby can spit an airball projectile on his own that went half-screen while spitting out a non-stop star projectile after sucking up an enemy.

The "suck enemies to gain powers" thing was something that came afterwards and real Kirby purists aren't afraid of gameplay change in the slightest after this fact. Every "real Kirby game" is a game with Kirby as the main character. Period.

#81 Posted by Jeremy_x (447 posts) -

Finally a game to please my kirby gang bang phantasies...

#82 Posted by Chopstix (37 posts) -

Sounds like a cool idea, but the sprite work looks absolutely terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.