Kirby: Where to start?

#1 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

So I've played snippets of a handful of Kirby games, but never fully played through many. The only ones I've actually played through have been Canvas Curse and Epic Yarn.

There's so many Kirby games, what are of the other titles that are must-plays? Should I play original Dream Land on GB?

#2 Edited by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

For me, Kirby pretty much starts and ends with Nightmare in Dreamland. Kirby 64 was OK, too.

EDIT: I guess the first game was actually called "Kirbys Adventure". Nightmare was the GBA remake.

#3 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

I wouldn't bother with the absolute first game, you don't even have the copy ability. It was fun as a kid, but not a compelling game today.

Try the NES one, Kirby's Adventure. Gobs of fun. Also every Kirby game is pretty quick and easy to beat so yeah, have fun.

Crystal Shards for the N64 was also really goddamn awesome.

#4 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

If you have access to the original Dream Land it wouldn't hurt to start there. If not I'd recommend Dream Land 3 because it's my personal favorite.

#5 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
#6 Posted by joshth (500 posts) -

Personally I'd go for Kirbys Adventure, nightmare in dreamland, and Kirby N64
#7 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Kirby's Dreamland 2 was the shit.

#8 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

Kirby's Adventure on the NES was maybe the first game I ever played or finished..

But I can never get enough of Super Star. Get the DS one, it's pretty awesome.

#9 Posted by DonChipotle (2694 posts) -

Kirby Superstar and Kirby 64

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.